Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LilSnoop40

New to Droid Scene Questions?

5 posts in this topic

hi, i just switched from my iphone 5 to the S4 to give it a shot. i some questions i hope someone could answer please.

1. how do you add birthdays to your contacts i didn't see the option( when i sync over from itunes they removed them all )

2. i switched the key board to swiftykey keyboard... is there any way to a. remove the lines under the words as you type and b. remove the word suggestions?

3. i wanted to use this widget "Minimalistic Text" but i can't get it to look like the one in the pictures:

Untitled_zps1923df4d.jpg

4. what are some other cool widgets or programs to get please.

Thanks

(1) I don't know if they changed the interface for the S4. But for the S3:

Edit Contact -> Add another field (scroll all the way down) -> Events; this adds a field for special dates like birthdays and anniversaries.

Alternatively, if your phone syncs with your Google account, simply head over to: https://www.google.com/contacts/

(2) and (3) I don't have an answer for.

(4) There are so many things we can suggest, it really depends on what you want from your phone. I'll name a few anyways:

• AirDroid - Amazing app to remotely manage your phone from your web browser. Works best with Google Chrome
  • Palmary Weather - My favorite weather app and widget for Android.
  • Tasker - Arguably the best app for automating things on your phone short of writing your own apps. It has a steep learning curve though.

great thanks i will check them out!

Unfortunately with SwiftKey, there isn't an option to turn off predictions as far as i can tell.

On the subject of underlines on word, are you sure your spelling them correctly?

i find once i reinstall SwiftKey i have to spend a few hours teaching my dictionary how i spell things to save space on SMS/Twitter etc, (i.e. Through > thru) doingt this it then won't show up with the underline next time i type it.

ok, thanks!