indiana steak ‘n shake generous student thank you

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,876 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 00:39

CeCe Bruce, a 2-year server at a Steak ‘n Shake in Indianapolis, Indiana was overwhelmed by a very generous tip left by a regular customer.

Miss Jo, who commonly eats her Wednesday breakfast at the restaurant, watched as her waitress got a hard time from diners at another table.

When the time came for the regular to pay her $5.97 check, she left a tip that shocked CeCe.

The server told WTHR 13, "At first I thought, '$46?' And I said, 'Wow Miss Jo. You know, that's really generous!'"

But the gratuity was actually much larger. It was $446 amounting to an over 7000% tip. :wacko:

When interviewed by WISH 24 News 8 CeCe recalled, “We kind of had this little back and forth argument because I said, ‘Miss Jo, I can’t accept that.’ And she said, ‘Yes you can. You can take that. I gave it to you, you can take it.’” The server humbly commented, “I didn't think I was worth $400 but, you know, she feels I am.”

Cece, a full-time server and part-time student at Martin University said that the money couldn’t come at a better time and will help her to pay bills.

The restaurant’s general manager Greer Gooley said CeCe, “Stays late, comes in early.

Whenever we need her, she's here. So she deserves it more than anyone.”

WTHR repored that Miss Jo does volunteer work in the community and likes to keep a low profile, which may explain why CeCe barely had a chance to say thank you.

“She signed the receipt and walked out the door,” said CeCe adding “Miss Jo, if you're watching, I love you and thank you very much!"

source & video

#2 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 16,102 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1u1

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:12

that is a very nice tip indeed, when I used to work in a Restaurant the largest tip i think anyone got while i worked there was $20

#3 PsYcHoKiLLa

PsYcHoKiLLa

Views expressed are not necessarily those of the management

• 1,303 posts
  • Phone: LG Nexus 4

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:36

I think she might want to spend some of it on a new hairdo cos daaaayuuuuummm, girl got a bowl cut!

#4 siah1214

siah1214

Neowinian Senior

• 2,206 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:37

I hope to one day be able to afford to do such things.

#5 hdca18

hdca18

holla

• 175 posts
  • Phone: HTC One

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:44

nice random act of kindness.

#6 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 20:23

That is a nice gesture. I just hope we all aren't expect to pay that much now.

#7 +Bryan R.

Bryan R.

Neowinian Senior

• 4,606 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 20:28

Wow who the hell is the news anchor talking in that video... Sounds so unprofessional and childish.

#8 webeagle12

webeagle12

Neowinian Senior

• 7,252 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 20:39

Thank god it didn't happen in Amy's Baking Company. That tip would disappear very fast in owners hands.