Photo

Which do you prefer - Galaxy S4 or HTC One?

compare

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 _YOLO_

_YOLO_

YOLO Gangsta Prinzes

• Phone: O+ 8.91

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:27

For me, I prefer Galaxy S4 because of the features. But I prefer Sense's icon set over Touchwiz's. Im pretty much neutral, since both have their pros and cons.

Reminder: please dont resort to kiddie wars (i.e flame wars that involve f-bombs and the like)

#2 +-T-

-T-

Trapmaster

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:38

Personally I prefer the HTC One, just feel like a better phone. I don't like the plastic of the Galaxy series

#3 Ambroos

Ambroos

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:41

Neither to be honest. I think both Samsung and HTC's changes to Android look completely out of place next to Holo apps in terms of icon style, color scheme and typography.

I'm a big fan of Sony's Android skin. Looks like a refined version of Holo.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 OP _YOLO_

_YOLO_

YOLO Gangsta Prinzes

• Phone: O+ 8.91

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:56

Neither to be honest. I think both Samsung and HTC's changes to Android look completely out of place next to Holo apps in terms of icon style, color scheme and typography.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sony's settings screen looks excellent! Someone should make a ROM that has Sense apps and icons, Samsung music player(modded for different icon) and Sony Settings screen

#5 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Random Oracle

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:59

Neither indeed. S4 wins by numbers, but that's not what matters to me, is not what I require from a PDA with voice calls option.
Xperia Z FTW. It could do with better loudspeaker, though, because I *would* pour large quantities of water on it if it fails to wake me up in the morning.

Hey, Sony should name their next flagship Xperia FTW. Fits rather well, don't you think; and they seem to have run out of letters anyway.

#6 +Frank B.

Frank B.

Member N° 1,302

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:11

If I had to choose between Galaxy S4 and HTC One I'd pick the latter. That said I'm also in the 'neither' group and happy with my Nexus 4. Vanilla Android > all OEM skins.

Edit: As a reference, this is what the settings app looks like on the Nexus 4.

Posted Image

#7 ashpowell

ashpowell

Neowinian

• Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:15

Googles S4 :)

#8 macstar

macstar

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 18 May 2013 - 16:21

the s4 ranks 1 class below the htc one. the htc one is the reference, even acknowledged by all these review-sites which are very pro-samsung.
starts with the superior screen resolution, white looks white and not blueish, the speakers are the best ever seen on any smartphone, build quality feels like the one costs 2000 euros and the s4 costs 29,99 euros, and so on and so on....

#9 +dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy SII

Posted 18 May 2013 - 16:39

the s4 ranks 1 class below the htc one. the htc one is the reference, even acknowledged by all these review-sites which are very pro-samsung.
starts with the superior screen resolution, white looks white and not blueish, the speakers are the best ever seen on any smartphone, build quality feels like the one costs 2000 euros and the s4 costs 29,99 euros, and so on and so on....

Yeah, had a customer demo his speakers yesterday, and they sounded better than many of the ones you hear in some of the laptops. I was blown away.

That screen though, to me, is just sex.

#10 +sanke1

sanke1

Posted 18 May 2013 - 16:45

You were always a fan of anything with SONY written on it. :rofl:

#11 WelshBluebird

WelshBluebird

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 May 2013 - 16:54

I am currently trying to choose between these two (infact the Xperia Z is also in there somewhere). Leaning towards the S4 right now though because of two things. Wireless charging and a removable battery. The higher end "feel" of the HTC doesn't really sway me as I will be buying a case regardless of what phone I get, and in terms of looks although some people think the S4 looks worse, I quite like it. The higher storage capacity of the HTC is tempting me (especially considering the S4's issues with storage space available), but I don't think it is quite enough. I am going to play around with both phones next weekend before making a decision though.

starts with the superior screen resolution

Don't they both have identical screen resolutions - 1080p?

#12 vetsanctified

sanctified

A promise to myself: to be harder, to not care, to be cool.

• Phone: ..

Posted 18 May 2013 - 17:06

If I had to choose then HTC. It's design is light years ahead of anything Samsung.

#13 Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• Phone: HTC One

Posted 18 May 2013 - 17:10

I love my HTC One.

#14 tiagosilva29

tiagosilva29

You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: I need a new one. Gibe moni plos

Posted 18 May 2013 - 17:24

Which Galaxy S4 is the OP talking about?

#15 +fusi0n

fusi0n

The Crazy One

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 18 May 2013 - 17:27

The HTC has great build quality.. but after messing with both, I prefer the Samsung Galaxy S4..

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!