Which do you prefer - Galaxy S4 or HTC One?

Just a little observation I've been using the HTC One now for the past week, and I have barely noticed an elevated temperature. Especially, not high enough to matter to me whether the temperate is spread out or localized (as is the case with the Samsung). And before you ask, I have been using this phone heavily for gaming, music, internet browsing, etc.

I agree, i have had no heat issues with my HTC ONE... and after using an SGS4 at work for a few days, yes, it is a good phone... but i would take my HTC ONE any day!!! this has got to be one of the toughest choices between 2 phones in a long time!! :)

S4 maybe heavy on features, but most of them are not that practical. What makes it a flat out bad device is its external hardware. I mean, its looks, aesthetics and overall design language just doesn't feel right. One, on the other hand, may not have them features, but it is gorgeous to say the least. Looks, aesthetics, build quality. Everything about One is downright awesome.

You make it sound like people are going to cook an egg with their htc one's

No, i'm just pointing out that the HTC One gets warmer than the Galaxy S4, witch also will make it more uncomfortable to hold over a Galaxy S4 under heavy usage because of the aluminum on the HTC One.

Take a look at this: http://blog.gsmarena...arely-gets-hot/

So no matter how you want it to be, the HTC One gets hotter than the Galaxy S4. According to NordicHardware's test of Galaxy S4 as you can see here, the HTC One gets to over 57 degrees celcius while the Galaxy S4 had 49.9 degrees celcius.

No, i'm just pointing out that the HTC One gets warmer than the Galaxy S4, witch also will make it more uncomfortable to hold over a Galaxy S4 under heavy usage because of the aluminum on the HTC One.

Take a look at this: http://blog.gsmarena...arely-gets-hot/

So no matter how you want it to be, the HTC One gets hotter than the Galaxy S4. According to NordicHardware's test of Galaxy S4 as you can see here, the HTC One gets to over 57 degrees celcius while the Galaxy S4 had 49.9 degrees celcius.

I was unable to find any reference to the temperature of the HTC One with the link you posted.

In either case, I am simply state that under normal operating conditions, I have yet to experience the HTC One approaching anywhere near uncomfortable to hold.

Edit: Sorry, I did not notice the second link in your post. I have read it, and believe this could be true, However, I again have yet to experience this.

reading all this bull**** the samsung fanboys are throwing in, i am now totally convinced that this world is lost because of so many stupid people. i mean wtf?!

htc one:

+ better screen

+ much better speakers

+ more custom rom community

+ much better built quality

+ more internal free space

galaxy s4:

+ battery can be changed

+ microsdhc card slot

that's it. 2 + points for the s4, but thats all. arguments like "i prefer the color or shape of the device" or "interface is better" are purely subjective, they can't be objectively measured and thanks to a custom rom community you can have stock android on both devices plus most sense features on the samsung device and vice versa.

• Like 1

reading all this bull**** the samsung fanboys are throwing in, i am now totally convinced that this world is lost because of so many stupid people. i mean wtf?!

Does that means my points / reasons to choose the Galaxy S4 are bull**** to?

i read them. imho all besides the mention of the camera are subjective, so yeah, for me they are bull****. the htc one wins every test. it beats the s4 in basically everything you can measure on a device. but yeah, most people seem to prefer the s4 because they subjectivly like the color or the lightweight built or whatever.

i just don't get it. it's like prefering obama over romney. it's like claiming alonso is better than vettel. it's like saying mcdonalds is better than burgerking. like claiming using windows is cheaper than using linux. it's just plain wrong.

i just don't get it. it's like prefering obama over romney. it's like claiming alonso is better than vettel. it's like saying mcdonalds is better than burgerking. like claiming using windows is cheaper than using linux. it's just plain wrong.

Now your straying into dangerous territory!

Well, since you brought it up, a few of the things you say are fact, but most of your points are subjective and or inaccurate.

i read them. imho all besides the mention of the camera are subjective, so yeah, for me they are bull****. the htc one wins every test. it beats the s4 in basically everything you can measure on a device. but yeah, most people seem to prefer the s4 because they subjectivly like the color or the lightweight built or whatever.

The only things that makes some reviewers to choose the HTC One over the Galaxy S4 is 4 things.

1. The build quality and the feeling in the hand. You are not supposed to go around and boast about how sexy your phone is. A smartphone is a tool, not a fashion product.

2. HTC Sense is better than TouchWiz. TouchWiz is more easier to use, but HTC Sense looks better. Again, someone picks looks over functionality.

3. HTC Zoe.

4. The camera takes more lights into the pictures in low light situations.

After looking on tons of reviews of the HTC One, those reasons are pretty much the only reasons why the HTC One wins over the Galaxy S4 in some tests.

But it's all true that the Galaxy S4 have a bigger list of positive things while having a smaller list of negative tings while the HTC One have a smaller list of positive things over how many negative things it have.

So the argument that HTC One wins over the Galaxy S4 all over the internet is a bold and rather fanboy statement.

Well, since you brought it up, a few of the things you say are fact, but most of your points are subjective and or inaccurate.

Can you explain in details witch of my points that are subjective or inaccurate?

So no points on the reasons on why the HTC One wins over the Samsung Galaxy S4 isn't subjective or inaccurate?

The only things that makes some reviewers to choose the HTC One over the Galaxy S4 is 4 things.

1. The build quality and the feeling in the hand.

2. HTC Sense is better than TouchWiz.

3. HTC Zoe.

4. The camera takes more lights into the pictures in low light situations.

So the argument that HTC One wins over the Galaxy S4 all over the internet is a bold and rather fanboy statement.

and these "some reviews" are bad reviews then anyway. if you throw them in - consequently ignoring boomsound - that way, that's a fanboy statement.

typical mclaren2 rant. Nobody is interested in your ''opinions''.

And if you want to talk F1, yes Alonso is better than Vettel. Give them both the same car, you'll see. Last year Alonso nearly won with a ****ty car. Btw have you seen Alonso's first lap ins Spain last weekend ?

And regarding your Romney rant, well that just proves you have mental issues.

well the SG4 the screen is a 5" not 6.5"

the screen resolution is lower in theSG4

the HTC is smaller (physically) in width and same height as the SG4

sense is leaner and less cluttered then touchwiz

my wife and i have taken hundreds of pictures and we've come to the conclusion neither wins. as beauty is in the eye of the beholder and both cameras can be altered on the fly to one up the other.

There's others but I'm getting bored now and wish to move on.

my wife and i have taken hundreds of pictures and we've come to the conclusion neither wins. as beauty is in the eye of the beholder and both cameras can be altered on the fly to one up the other.

There's others but I'm getting bored now and wish to move on.

The S4 is over 440 ppi, who cares about the resolution at that point. It's very good resolution.

And thank god for that. 5.9 inch like the Samsung Galaxy Note III is supposed to get is big enough.

Uhm, what?

Samsung Galaxy S4 have a 1080p screen witch is the highest screen resolution you can get on a smartphone screen today. If you are thinking about the 468 PPI the HTC One against the 441 PPI the Galaxy S4 have, then you can't see the differences between those with the naked eye before you get under a microscope.

And still have a 0.3 inch smaller screen and being 1.4mm thicker. The dimension on the HTC One is: 137.4 x 68.2 x 9.3 mm (5.41 x 2.69 x 0.37 in) while the Galaxy S4 have those dimensions: 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm (5.38 x 2.75 x 0.31 in). So the Galaxy S4 is smaller than the HTC One.

No, according to most reviews out here on the internet, the TouchWiz is way more easier to use while looking okish while the HTC Sense is more cluttered, but it looks pretty good.

According to most of the reviews here to, the quality on the pictures taken with the Galaxy S4 have WAY more details in it (like my pictures also shows) over the HTC One camera quality.

Exynos I'm glad you like your phone.

Yeah, there are many reasons for it, like i have pointed out already :)

in the previous HTC One X vs S3 fight, samsung easily won.

i have htc one x and build quality is amazing. i have dropped the phone many times, and recently, after my phone died during important call, i repeatedly smashed it on the table.

did not do a thing to it, still works perfectly. but the battery life is horrible.

HOWEVER, in the current fight, i am going with HTC. again. even though i was set to buy samsung, and swore of htc forever.

it is because of amazing design, and improved battery life (even with the 1080p)

- after recent updates, the battery life on HTC One actually beats S4. I talked to a lot of people who work in cell phone stores and they confirm it.

the larger size S4 seem more tacky and clumsily build then S3 was - the larger size does not work well for me with the same design.

without the battery life advantage (i do not count swappable batteries) - and with such huge difference in quality and style of the build and the look of the skin, HTC wins for me.

it was a very tough call and very subjective.

until i compared them side by side, i was certain that i would buy S4

- after recent updates, the battery life on HTC One actually beats S4. I talked to a lot of people who work in cell phone stores and they confirm it.

The batterylife on the HTC One is nowhere near to beat the Galaxy S4. Just look here: http://www.gsmarena....eview-913p3.php

Those battery stats are with the newest software versions on both phones.

the larger size S4 seem more tacky and clumsily build then S3 was - the larger size does not work well for me with the same design.

Quite a funny statement when the Samsung Galaxy S4 is actually smaller than the Galaxy S3 in size. And the design on the Galaxy S4 is way better than on the Galaxy S3 so the Galaxy S4 feels much better to hold than the Galaxy S3.

So design is more important than features?

For me yes.

I had this exact same debate with you months ago. I dont care about extra features. I want a phone that is smooth, good looking and fast in it's core functions like quick browsing for references, email and phone capabilities.

And the design on the Galaxy S4 is way better than on the Galaxy S3 so the Galaxy S4 feels much better to hold than the Galaxy S3.

You love to say people are wrong even on these personal stands, right?

My god, we are living in a sad world where cellphone brands are the new religion.

For me yes.

I had this exact same debate with you months ago. I dont care about extra features. I want a phone that is smooth, good looking and fast in it's core functions like quick browsing for references, email and phone capabilities.

You love to say people are wrong even on these personal stands, right?

My god, we are living in a sad world where cellphone brands are the new religion.

If design is more important than functionality, then this is making the HTC One looks like pure junk: http://www.vertu.com...s/vertu-ti.aspx

Maybe that's the phone for you if design is that important?

Everybody says the Galaxy S4 is better to hold over the Galaxy S3 in every reviews. And the build quality on the Galaxy S4 chassis itself is also much better than the build quality on the Galaxy S3 according to the reviewers. So it's not really just my own personal stands i'm afraid.

And when it comes to the size between the Galaxy S3 and Galaxy S4, then the Galaxy S4 have 0.2 inch bigger screen over the Galaxy S3 while being smaller than the Galaxy S3. The proof is here: http://www.gsmarena....1&idPhone2=4238