Jump to content
|Topic||Stats||Last action by|
|PSN spend $60 get $10 back coming this month||
|Great Walls of America 'could stop tornadoes'||
|PS4 and Xbox One resolution / frame rate discussion||
|Substring Match in shell||
|The Big Wrestling Thread!||
Posted 19 May 2013 - 20:53
Posted 20 May 2013 - 00:53
Posted 20 May 2013 - 00:56
Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:20
Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:41
Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:09
Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:34
Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:41
Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:50
Yeh windows 8 phone is fine for the average consumer who just wants to make calls/text, browse facebook and play angry birds
much like iphone
once you get used to custom roms and the cutomisability of android its very hard to go back
for example i tried a lumia 800 for a few months
I had to always use skydrive to upload my documents to the phone, why the hell couldnt i just do drag and drop from WINDOWS DESKTOP, i can do it on my android phone... same with music and video files, why do i have to sync with zune all the time /itunes with iphone.
i couldnt figure out how to have custom ringtone or text tone
there was no easy way to access airplane mode,and other settings (compared to the pull down notification bar in android)
there was no light notification for missed calls/texts, you have to turn on the screen to check
there was no easy file browser/explorer
lack of apps
these are just the thing i can think of right now
i felt very limited on the lumia,
Posted 20 May 2013 - 14:02
Is this a rant post or what?
Why does everyone need to make a post when they change what product they use? Don't let the door hit you on your way out.
Posted 20 May 2013 - 14:16
good for you. complaining about certain features or limitations that existed and you knew about before you purchased the device is just a whiny thing to do. i hope you enjoy your malware,and info stealing apps, useless back button, the lag and choppiness,and horrible IDE compared to a world class one.
Posted 20 May 2013 - 14:16
- I honestly don't understand why Microsoft didn't do VPN instead of useless features such as Rooms and NFC
* VPN. This is a must for me and my work. Android and iOS have had it for years. This is a windows phone!
* Every time I use Pandora, if a Bluetooth device connects, it starts, if it disconnects, it starts again. So, I can pause the music. Get out of my car and my phone starts blaring whatever song was on.
* Pandora app doesn't work with my car (Chevy Volt)
* USAA application disappeared and I deposit checks with it.
* Finding an address is easier on Android for me. I simply say the address and it goes there. I don't have the same experience on the Window's phone.
* I feel very restricted when developing an application for Window's devices.
Good luck Microsoft. I wish you would open your platform up more. I feel like I am in jail. The same really goes for Windows 8. I think App permissions is very important and should always be part of the experience. But, to limit these permissions is a mistake. The coolest things really come from developers hacking devices.
So, I'm going back to developing for Android. I'll miss Visual Studio as it is a great studio.
For reference, I have developed some simple applications for both platforms that have some downloads. My most popular application was City Caller ID for Android. It was pulled due to patent restrictions. But, I still love that I could make an application that can do these things! This is simply not possible on Windows Phone or iOS.
Posted 20 May 2013 - 15:07
- Not sure what you mean by "I feel very restricted". You can always work with XDA community to work outside of what Microsoft allows, right?
Posted 20 May 2013 - 15:18