Galaxy S4 Mega, S4 Active and S4 Mini hinted in app update text

New Samsung handsets outed in changelog for WatchON TV application

Rumors have been circulating for a few weeks that Samsung is working on a "Galaxy S4 Mini," as well as a ruggedized version of its current flagship device. Today an app changelog entry for the Galaxy S4's pre-loaded TV app could indicate that both are on the way, along with another device known as the "S4 Mega."

The shot above, sent our way by tipster Paul, shows that the recent 5.0.4 update for Samsung WatchON adds "support for [the] upcoming S4 Mega, S4 mini and S4 Active." The changelog has since been updated to remove the reference, suggesting that someone let the cat out of the bag a little early. The S4 Mini name has been rumored for some time, and the device is refers to extensively leaked. The S4 Active name would seem to refer to the rumored "waterproof" S4 variant. But the S4 Mega is a bit more of a mystery -- could the existing Galaxy Mega have been renamed? Or might this be a different large-screened S4 variant -- or simply a typo?

Whatever the case, the fact that WatchON has been updated with support for all three devices suggests that they'll likely include the S4's TV-controlling capabilities.

We'll have to wait and see if and when the Galaxy S4 Active, Mini and Mega emerge. Whatever form these handsets take, Samsung looks set to fully capitalize on the halo effect created by its high-profile Galaxy S4 launch.

s4-mini-mega-active.jpg

http://www.androidcentral.com/galaxy-s4-mega-s4-active-and-s4-mini-hinted-app-update-text

I have seen the Mega, it's ridiculous.... you pretty much have to be a girl with one of those giant handbags to carry it, and even then, if you thought it looked stupid talking in an N-Gage back in the day... yeah...

I have seen the Mega, it's ridiculous....

Oh really? Ok, well I'll still wait until I can see it before I go with the S4.

I have seen the Mega, it's ridiculous.... you pretty much have to be a girl with one of those giant handbags to carry it, and even then, if you thought it looked stupid talking in an N-Gage back in the day... yeah...

Where did you see the Mega and can you share it with us?

Where did you see the Mega and can you share it with us?

trade fair thingy for the chain I work under, samsung had it there, not sure it was a working version it wasn't turned on anyway, but we could hold it and play around with it. it's basically a ginormous S4

trade fair thingy for the chain I work under, samsung had it there, not sure it was a working version it wasn't turned on anyway, but we could hold it and play around with it. it's basically a ginormous S4

Not saying it wasn't, an not saying you don't know what you were looking at, but are you sure it wasn't a Note 2?

Not saying it wasn't, an not saying you don't know what you were looking at, but are you sure it wasn't a Note 2?

Well, the fact it said MEGA on it, yeah, I'm sure ;)

• Like 2

Only thing I am waiting for an care about regarding 'Galaxy S4' at this point is the Google Nexus version.... It better come out on Sprint!!!!

They are going to sell it on the Play Store and I think it's going to be unlocked. So you will probably be able to use it on any carrier.

Only thing I am waiting for an care about regarding 'Galaxy S4' at this point is the Google Nexus version.... It better come out on Sprint!!!!

considering all the S4 functions you won't have on a nexus edition, you might as well get any other phone as it won't be worth it.

Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 coming to the UK in July

galaxy-mega-63-4g-8-sam-mega.jpg

6.3-inch Galaxy Mega to go on sale at UK retailer in July for ?459.99

If the likes of the recent 5-inch devices, or the Galaxy Note 2 just aren't quite big enough for you, then you may be interested in the Samsung Galaxy Mega. A colossal 6.3-inch smartphone, the Mega was announced back in April for launch in Europe and Russia sometime in May. We're now seeing the first signs of UK availability for this monstrous device, and it can be yours in July, though the exact date is still unknown.

Retailer Clove Technology has started taking pre-orders for the Mega, and for ?459.99 you get the 16GB version in either black or white. Other notable specs on the device include Android 4.2.2 and Samsung's latest version of Touchwiz, a 1.7GHz dual-core CPU, a HD display, LTE, an 8MP rear camera, 1.5GB of RAM and a pretty sizeable 3200 mAh battery. You may also need large hands to use one.

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-mega-63-coming-uk-july

Even the pictures of it with no size reference make it seem ridiculous :)

Actually seeing the Samsung rep jokingly holding it up to her air was better though