Forum semi-broken in Chrome 29 dev

This issue isn't windows specific. I'm seeing it with Chrome 29 on Ubuntu 12.04 as well. Thought I was going crazy or something.

This issue isn't windows specific. I'm seeing it with Chrome 29 on Ubuntu 12.04 as well. Thought I was going crazy or something.

I will go crazy if they wont fix it soon.

Its happening on a bunch of sites. It's also happening with the beta build of chrome on Android.

That's what happens when you run beta builds..

You can change channels to stable if you want..

This isn't a new thing though, it's been like it for months (on many websites) or am I the only person who noticed it? :p

I will go crazy if they wont fix it soon.

You and me both.

This isn't a new thing though, it's been like it for months (on many websites) or am I the only person who noticed it? :p

I only started seeing it happen after I reinstalled Ubuntu and installed Chrome 28 and its been less than a week since I did that.

I only just started noticing it, but I''m on Win 8 and Chrome Dev just updated to 29, before that it wasn't happening

Dev is notorious at not rendering Neowin properly, but beta never usually has that problem. Same goes for CKEditor (IPB uses a variant of it) is usually always broke in the dev versions of Chrome.

I only just started noticing it, but I''m on Win 8 and Chrome Dev just updated to 29, before that it wasn't happening

Yeah I never had a problem before update, I thought it had fixed but 'Random Pictures' thread brought it back :/

Just started seeing this earlier today. Annoying as hell! Also getting the gif freezing bug as well - had that one for MONTHS! :angry:,

I know it's nothing you guys can fix though, just venting :)

I wonder if it will be fixed in next build?

I really really hope so, it is really annoying!

This is actually really getting on my nerves now, it is not just Neowin.

Since updating to 29 I have had this bug on about 6 different websites. They have definitely broken something :(

Ctrl-F5 fixes it sometimes but I have to do this every time I visit a new link on a page and sometimes it doesn't fix anything.

Did anyone ever submit a bug about it to Google? I mean not only us, did anyone around the world submit this bug?

I haven't, how would you submit it? part of the page fails to render onload while scrolling?

Not sure, but it's definitely not just from scrolling while it's trying to load. Just watching a page load not touching anything triggers it for me.

I haven't, how would you submit it? part of the page fails to render onload while scrolling?

Not sure, but it's definitely not just from scrolling while it's trying to load. Just watching a page load not touching anything triggers it for me.

I'm not sure really, never submitted a bug really but maybe you can add screen shots and compare a page with and without the bug.... :huh:

Not to rain on the parade but I have been seeing this issue using v27 (current release build) as well.

Not to rain on the parade but I have been seeing this issue using v27 (current release build) as well.

Saying that, I only updated to v29 the other day and I think it was present before I updated, I can't be certain though.

This is happening to me more and more now on many pages.

I've visited 4 pages this morning, including neowin, that have this rendering/layout bug, neowin is the only forum too; the other pages are just normal websites.

Also, I have reported this to google using their feedback form. Hopefully they get back to me/fix the bug.

I also just reported the problem. I included the URL to this thread as well as a screenshot of the problem.

It's odd that I never seem to get the problem while looking at the forum index or anything, only when I'm viewing a thread.

I also just reported the problem. I included the URL to this thread as well as a screenshot of the problem.

It's odd that I never seem to get the problem while looking at the forum index or anything, only when I'm viewing a thread.

Ye i have the same, the only place it happens is inside a thread.

I have only started experiencing this with the 29 update, no previous updates, however, what I have noticed at least with my experience anyway is that it only happens when i go to a different page within a thread, it never happens on the first load of a thread and it never happens outside of the thread pages.

both on Windows 7 and 8 now.