'Behind the Candelabra' does great ratings for HBO

behind-the-candelabra-does-great-ratings-for-hbo.jpg

Who knew that Liberace had such a following in 2013?

HBO must have. Its decision to go ahead with the Steven Soderbergh drama Behind the Candelabra seems brilliant after the ratings for the premiere have been revealed. More than 2.4 million viewers turned in to the film on Sunday night, the best numbers for an original film on the network since 2004's Something the Lord Made drew 2.6 million viewers.

An additional 1.1 million viewers watched later in the night, bringing the nightly total to 3.5 million. Do you think it was the story, the stars (Michael Douglas and Matt Damon) or the director that brought in the audience? It could also have been the word of mouth from Cannes, where it was well received by critics.

Last summer's Emmy-winning drama Game Change only did 2.1 million viewers on its original broadcast, which was the previous best rating for an original film since the aforementioned Something the Lord Made.

Television ratings on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend are generally lackluster, which makes these numbers even more impressive.

Soderbergh has said that this will be the last film he does for some time.

http://www.tvrage.com/news/6914/behind-the-candelabra-does-great-ratings-for-hbo

It's the stars that made this good, not seen it yet though

I was wondering if it's worth watching....

It depends if your into his career or his music

O.k, then i'm guessing it's a no for me :)