The Last Of Us

official the last of us tlu ps3 naughty dog

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#31 OP soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

Posted 14 June 2013 - 20:21

Yeah, unfortunately it wasn't downloadable until 3am EDT, and I wasn't up that late. It was at 42% when I had to leave this morning for work. Ugh.....

#32 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 14 June 2013 - 22:08

Yeah, unfortunately it wasn't downloadable until 3am EDT, and I wasn't up that late. It was at 42% when I had to leave this morning for work. Ugh.....

I am really curious to hear others impressions of the opening sequence to see if they also think it is as well done as I do. Just amazing how detailed and immersive it is.

#33 OP soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

Posted 15 June 2013 - 16:58

I am really curious to hear others impressions of the opening sequence to see if they also think it is as well done as I do. Just amazing how detailed and immersive it is.

Really liked it, sort of set up the story better than I thought they were going to. But that's about as far as I got, because I spent literally the whole evening in the multiplayer.

Does anyone know how long it takes to play out each of the MP "storylines"?

#34 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 15 June 2013 - 16:59

I am jealouz :angry:

#35 OP soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:15

I am jealouz :angry:

Posted Image

#36 Boxster17

Boxster17

Porsche Enthusiast

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:06

Currently about 14 hours into the game and have definitely been having a blast.  As some otheres mentioned, I really enjoyed the way they set the whole game up as I had no idea what to expect and honestly didn't expect much from the intro portion. 

I'm glad I held off on trying the demo or reading up too much about it as it's been an amazing experience so far.  Going to try to get it wrapped up in the next couple days as I have my sister coming down to visit and I'll be gone all of next week as well.  Yet to give the multiplayer a try but currently in no hurry to jump into that just yet.

#37 vetFourjays

Fourjays

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:46

I really liked that too. Really drew me into the situation.

Spoiler

#38 .jCliff

.jCliff

Neowinian

Posted 17 June 2013 - 15:05

Wow that storyline!.

So i completed this yesterday, think i hit the 12hours mark so there's plenty of gameplay to be immersed in and that's exactly what till happen to you. The story is incredibly written and even within the first 10 minutes of playing you realize you're in for a good ride as it sets the mood perfectly.

I played this on Normal as my first run through and it's not that alll a walk in a park, The survivability factor is intense, it's one of those very few games where you're just nervously waiting for somebody to drop some ammo because what's ahead all your melee and crafted items just aren't going to cut it.

There's a few issues with cutscenes not triggering at the correct time thus flashing a blue/black screen but that's very brief, same goes for audio in some places. A good handful of subtitles aren't correct and i always have this setting on in every game so that got abit humorous.  There's a definite problem with collision/animation in certain areas when in cover as i spotted Ellie jumping into the 'T' pose but you really have to look for it.

Mechanics are solid and can't fault them, but that's what you should expect when it's just the Uncharted engine, if you've played Uncharted and enjoyed those controls then it's exactly the same in Last of Us.

What i really ejoyed though was the way it lead you on to predict what's going to happen next based on previous encounters and then totally jump boat.

Solid game, a few niggles here and there but easily one of my favorite games.

#39 Nilus

Nilus

Neowinian

Posted 17 June 2013 - 21:34

Wow, what a game. I bought into the hype and picked up a PS3 specifically to play this game and i've not been let down.

The opening is brilliant.

I am currently in the part where you are approaching the large bridge, and you have to find a way around the military type truck firing at you.  How far in is that?

I love how they have mixed up the enemies a bit, just when you are getting tired of fighting the infected they switch to having to fight humans and its a different style of fight so feels fresh.  I also love how Ellie is starting to mature and adapt and is now starting to become useful in fights.

Nothing in the game so far has felt samey or padded.  There's a million little touches here and there keeping it fresh as it goes along.

Definitely deserves the 10/10 reviews so far.

#40 ViperAFK

ViperAFK

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 17 June 2013 - 21:37

Just beat it today, amazing game start to finish, naughty dog outdoes themselves again.

#41 Boxster17

Boxster17

Porsche Enthusiast

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:43

I am currently in the part where you are approaching the large bridge, and you have to find a way around the military type truck firing at you.  How far in is that?

While not having finished it completely, though I'm quite a bit further than this now, I'd say you're maybe approaching the halfway point of the game.  There's still a fair bit of gameplay to look forward there.

#42 .jCliff

.jCliff

Neowinian

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:24

I'd say you're about half way through, it's a long game -14- hours is the average finish mark

#43 (Spork)

(Spork)

ANDROID-APPLE

Posted 19 June 2013 - 00:21

the story in this game is simply amazing  i good friend of mine thats not a real big gamer ( no time )  was over the other day and seen the opening act and was blown away  i was too 

A+ game for sure  imho has set a new bar for other games in its gamestyle 

#44 panacea

panacea

technical cannibal

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: htc one

Posted 19 June 2013 - 00:32

i was going to watch a playthrough, just because i dont have ps3 anymore,

but i might have to borrow ps3 just to play that game.

#45 Nilus

Nilus

Neowinian

Posted 20 June 2013 - 22:48

Just completed the game. Took me around 17:45 , great value for a game these days.

The game deserves every 10/10 it got, and then some. By far my favourite game i've played in a long, long time.