Photo

Human face, in 100,000 years ?

earth homo sapien zygotic genome engineering bending human biology larger brain superciliary arch

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,711 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 08 June 2013 - 19:39

I think that guy needs to realize how big those eyeballs would be, and how impossible it would be in that size skull.

#17 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,711 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 19:45

I'd imagine us to be more of a mix of different races. Almost the 'grey race'. Highly unlikely (imo) we'd still be white, black, asian etc.

mixed people tend to trend more towards white then black/brown/red/yellow in skin color. features often stay, but they nearly always go closer to caucasian skin color. And as you get 3rd and 4th generation mixes, the non caucasian skin colors will be more or less washed out. so outside of communities where mixed races is frowned upon and countries with less ethnic diversity, I fear the world will become mostly caucasian in the far future.

You can already see it a lot in America. look a how many people have indian genes and are considered indian according to the law, ten compare that with their features, most of them you can't tell are one quarter indian. much less when you get down to 1/8th.

This is actually bad for mankind, as a lack of diversity makes us far more vulnerable.

#18 Copernic

Copernic

Neowinian Senior

• 3,745 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 19:48

This:

Posted Image

#19 link6155

link6155

Neowinian

• 863 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 19:52

#20 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Resident Misanthrope

• 5,689 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 19:52

I think that guy needs to realize how big those eyeballs would be, and how impossible it would be in that size skull.

Tarsier monkeys disagree.

Anyway, if it were true, those stupidly oversized sunglasses that cover half of one's face, fancied mostly by "fashionable" brats, would finally have some merit.

#21 +MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• 6,963 posts
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 08 June 2013 - 19:54

mixed people tend to trend more towards white then black/brown/red/yellow in skin color. features often stay, but they nearly always go closer to caucasian skin color. And as you get 3rd and 4th generation mixes, the non caucasian skin colors will be more or less washed out. so outside of communities where mixed races is frowned upon and countries with less ethnic diversity, I fear the world will become mostly caucasian in the far future.

You can already see it a lot in America. look a how many people have indian genes and are considered indian according to the law, ten compare that with their features, most of them you can't tell are one quarter indian. much less when you get down to 1/8th.

This is actually bad for mankind, as a lack of diversity makes us far more vulnerable.

Just to take my point further though.
When i talk about the 'grey race' i don't mean skin colour alone. More of a blanket covering skin colour, facial features, body shapes etc. So yes i do agree with what you're saying, i think my use of the term 'grey race' didn't quite put my point across as i intended.

#22 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,711 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 20:05

Tarsier monkeys disagree.

Anyway, if it were true, those stupidly oversized sunglasses that cover half of one's face, fancied mostly by "fashionable" brats, would finally have some merit.

What's the size of it's brain compared to a humans. Also a far larger part of it's eyeball is exposed compared to ours. if our eyeballs had been exposed that much, they would actually have popped out. They have nearly half the sphere outside, we don't even have one third exposed.

#23 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,711 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 20:11

Just to take my point further though.
When i talk about the 'grey race' i don't mean skin colour alone. More of a blanket covering skin colour, facial features, body shapes etc. So yes i do agree with what you're saying, i think my use of the term 'grey race' didn't quite put my point across as i intended.

Yeah, granted, I suspect certain slavic areas, most of asia and large parts of Africa won't be "blended" as much though.unless things change rapidly in the future :) southern America may also stay somewhat un-mixed, But they're pretty mixed already outside of the native areas, and suspect they will be mixed in with the "spanish" soon enough.

When the next pandemic hits, a real proper one. this lack of diversity may lead to a lot more dead than otherwise. it's interestign how humans recognize the need for natural diversity in everything but themselves. on the other hand, if we where to force it, we'd be right back at apartheid and racism... :/ So I guess we'd better make sure our medical technology is top notch to prevent any padnemics :)

#24 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Resident Misanthrope

• 5,689 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 20:20

What's the size of it's brain compared to a humans. Also a far larger part of it's eyeball is exposed compared to ours. if our eyeballs had been exposed that much, they would actually have popped out. They have nearly half the sphere outside, we don't even have one third exposed.

Makes me think how collosal squids keep their eyeballs with them at all times.

Not that I don't agree that this "prediction" is a rather bad attempt at trolling...

#25 goatsniffer

goatsniffer

Supercalifragilisticexpialidosh

• 1,091 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 20:24

Me and my flying car would like to laud the predictions of the PhD holders of 40 years ago for their accurate predictions of life today.

By the way, I just lost my job in the sprocket factory, so if any of you are in the cogs business I would appreciate any news of job opportunities.

#26 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,896 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 23:04

I would have thought they'd be more obese. Jabba the Hutt it a more accurate representation of where human development is going.

"Going"? For many , we're already there!

#27 simrat

simrat

pooonjabi!

• 3,087 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 603 Symbian belle fp2, Xperia SL 4.1.2

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:53

Yeah, granted, I suspect certain slavic areas, most of asia and large parts of Africa won't be "blended" as much though.unless things change rapidly in the future :) southern America may also stay somewhat un-mixed, But they're pretty mixed already outside of the native areas, and suspect they will be mixed in with the "spanish" soon enough.

When the next pandemic hits, a real proper one. this lack of diversity may lead to a lot more dead than otherwise. it's interestign how humans recognize the need for natural diversity in everything but themselves. on the other hand, if we where to force it, we'd be right back at apartheid and racism... :/ So I guess we'd better make sure our medical technology is top notch to prevent any padnemics :)

Look at Indians, we are mixing from 7000 years and we come in every color, size and features, Some can pass for Europeans and some look exactly like Africans. But i picture humans with Latin or Indian like looks in future.

#28 tiagosilva29

tiagosilva29

Looking for a job in Lisbon

• 12,213 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:45

All you need to do is move to Madagascar.

#29 Torolol

Torolol

• 2,950 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:54

not quite, future human will replace their brain with quantum chips, so the skull size will shrink instead.

#30 slumdogtrillionaire

slumdogtrillionaire

Neowinian

• 249 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:32

Posted Image

Whose evolving? not humans...