Xbox One beating PS4 in Amazon pre-orders ahead of E3

The fanboy rivalry is still strong with the new generation of console gaming, as Amazon UK reports almost neck-and-neck pre-orders for the Xbox One and PS4.

However, the Xbox One is creeping ahead with 2.4 per cent more pre-order sales than Sony's rivaling console, pushing it into the lead as E3 2013 kicks off today.

Things continue to get interesting though: Amazon says pre-orders for the Xbox One are already 20 per cent higher than they were before the launch of the Xbox 360 in 2005

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/xbox-one-beating-ps4-in-amazon-pre-orders-ahead-of-e3-1157715

Pretty close seeing as the UK is Xbox land. Hopefully things will continue swinging in Sony's favour especially if the latest rumours are true- Xbox Live Gold sub compulsory, stop paying, say goodbye to your games library.

If Amazon ranks were any indication, ChromeBooks would have been market leaders along with Windows Phones!

• Like 2

I have a PS3 and was going to get PS4 - but the fact they're the same price and the xbox comes with kinect.. I think that'll sway me

I have a PS3 and was going to get PS4 - but the fact they're the same price and the xbox comes with kinect.. I think that'll sway me

fact? have the prices leaked?

Pretty close seeing as the UK is Xbox land. Hopefully things will continue swinging in Sony's favour especially if the latest rumours are true- Xbox Live Gold sub compulsory, stop paying, say goodbye to your games library.

"Hopefully"... why?

UK was Xbox land? When did this happen?

I'm getting a PS4. I still can't believe people will back Microsoft after all the bad stuff they've done >:(

• Like 2

The internet often gets things wrong given the extreme negativity for xbox one you would think xbox one would tank. My guess is both sony and microsoft will have about the same marketshare as the previous generation.

Since Sony messed up with PS3, a year late, overpriced, difficult to code for.

how does that have ANYTHING to do with the PS4? or this topic in general?

I'm getting a PS4. I still can't believe people will back Microsoft after all the bad stuff they've done >:(

I can't believe people will think the PS4 will be any different.

I'll be getting a Xbox One initially, but may get a PS4 later.

How exactly do you preorder an XBOX One anyways? I checked and there is an email notification when it comes available. No preorder.

How exactly do you preorder an XBOX One anyways? I checked and there is an email notification when it comes available. No preorder.

That's what makes all these threads so hilarious.. Everywhere you go you see people threatening to chance/cancel pre-orders yet not a single place has anything more than an email list and email lists don't sell consoles, just give a measure of interest. We won't know demand until pricing and launch date, then credit card companies will allow pre-order.

I'm getting a PS4. I still can't believe people will back Microsoft after all the bad stuff they've done > :(

All the bad stuff? Like what? Besides the 24 hour check, you can bet Sony will have the same stuff. If you think MS is the devil you have issues.

All the bad stuff? Like what? Besides the 24 hour check, you can bet Sony will have the same stuff. If you think MS is the devil you have issues.

Bad stuff:

24 hour check, if you miss it you can't use the Xbox.

The fact consumers don't actually own the games they pay for (Which is in direct violation of EU law)

Letting publishers decide on whether to allow people to trade in the games, at specific retailers. (This is why EA scrapped online passes)

Kinetic being mandatory which means you can't use the new Xbox without it. Also how do we know that MS arn't watching us through it? What they say and what they do are two very different things.

Restricting letting our friends borrow games.

And once again as with the 360 MS will even have the cheek to charge for Xbox live.

Now I don't know if the PS4 will be better but you can be damned sure that they won't repeat the same mistakes that MS made with the Xbox One.

how does that have ANYTHING to do with the PS4? or this topic in general?

Was answering his question?

fact? have the prices leaked?

They were the same price on amazon last week for pre-order - I'm not sure if that can be changed or if that's the definite, but I imagine they can't list a price then change it after pre-ordering?

Bad stuff:

24 hour check, if you miss it you can't use the Xbox.

The fact consumers don't actually own the games they pay for (Which is in direct violation of EU law)

Letting publishers decide on whether to allow people to trade in the games, at specific retailers. (This is why EA scrapped online passes)

Kinetic being mandatory which means you can't use the new Xbox without it. Also how do we know that MS arn't watching us through it? What they say and what they do are two very different things.

Restricting letting our friends borrow games.

And once again as with the 360 MS will even have the cheek to charge for Xbox live.

Now I don't know if the PS4 will be better but you can be damned sure that they won't repeat the same mistakes that MS made with the Xbox One.

1) Meh. Doesn't affect me at all.

2) You own your game, it's just tied to your profile. Y'know, exactly how Steam is.

3) This is not just MS, it'll be on PS4 as well.

4) Paranoid much? Just turn the thing off. It'll have a power button.

5) Your friends can just buy games.

It's been said a million times on this forum: Publishers don't like the used games market and this is how they're getting rid of it. You can't get rid of it unless both systems have similar DRM.

Noone told, Valve/Steam about that. or any ofthe companies selling licensed software, or Apple with the apple store and ipad apps.

I think you're confusing software with products. as so far EU hasn't been successful in this endeavor. As long as you're informed you're buying a digital copy it's just that.

It seems the ps4 fans are a bit defensive here at the sounding of good news for the Xbox One. It's crazy.

Anyways I take announcements like this with a grain of salt always.

The Xbox One is good in my eyes but at this point I really don't know much aboutthe ps4 so far and iit's crazy how much people can say they're going for the ps4 when they really don't know that much about it. Anyways, today is the e3 kick off and right now doing laundry and so I can sit down and take everything in as they're announced.

more Micros**t propaganda. Hide yo kids, hide yo wallets - even if the xbone dont sell the media will report, especially the US & UK based media outlets, that its outselling everything ever released in history on a 10:1 scale. It'll be flying off shelves faster than tickle me elmos or furbys. They are even downvoting and spreading further propaganda on Reddit and other gaming sites.