Xbox One beating PS4 in Amazon pre-orders ahead of E3

Oh really? What other numbers does it take into account?

And it still shows the PS4 ahead. Does it not??

And their site CLEARLY states sales.

Amazon Best Sellers

Our most popular products based on sales. Updated hourly.

And maybe not real time. But once an hour.

Nevermind the fact I put I did 5 minutes of investigative journalism to in fact point out yes, I barely spent any time at all. It was said lightly, hence the 5 minutes.

My advice to you. Stop being a butthurt fanboy.

EDIT - Also, look at that. The XBox One is now in spot #11. But oh yeah, it does not update in "real time," only once an hour.

Seriously, grow up.

try not throwing a fit because whatever you said was not true. now if you'll actually listen,maybe you'll understand that there are algorithms that determine the spots not based on total sales alone but how those sales are made. for example, if a product gets a sudden surge of orders,this might increase its rank, or if a products sales all came in more recently than when the product was first posted. Im very comfortable with the products I choose,and don't have to resort to making fairytales to try to make myself confident in my choices. or maybe you're just a bad ass journalist and amazon is lying through their teeth. you deserve an award for exposing these phonies.

OMG, it's been stated multiple times already that isn't Amazon UK, where you have been able to pre-order both consoles.

No one ever reads thread anymore.

People are just stupid.

Just preordered mine from amazon, hopefully I get locked in at the price on my invoice, effective July 1st amazon is charging tax in my state. Would be a nice $35 discount for me..

• Like 2

I notice they're not mentioning how much it leads, but throwing around words like massive, so thinking it's a pretty marginal lead, probably in the same vein as it was, and it'll keep switching back and forth.

I really don't think these figures or "stats" count for much, but personally I've had both consoles preordered from 2 retailers just to secure my purchase. I'll decide later where to keep my orders based on stock allocation/demand and what Microsoft/Sony announce.

Finger is hovering over the cancel button for the Xbox One though. They need to reverse these restrictions ASAP.

For those that seem to care, it now swings the other way

http://www.vg247.com...e-on-amazon-uk/

this source at that link says nothing about amazon uk saying anything about numbers,they are basing this on the best seller list of the site,which we know does tell you anything about total pre orders. I suggest you read the last few pages of this thread.

from the "source"

Keen observers of the situation on Twitter this morning have pointed out to MCV that Amazon?s Videogames Best Sellers chart this morning shows PS4 in the top spot.

Amazon has not supplied us with any firm data to reveal the extent of the sales disparity.

this source at that link says nothing about amazon uk saying anything about numbers,they are basing this on the best seller list of the site,which we know does tell you anything about total pre orders. I suggest you read the last few pages of this thread.

from the "source"

So you believe them when Xbox One had high pre orders without any proof but now PS4 is on best sellers people don't know anything about the situation. Gotchya.

So you believe them when Xbox One had high pre orders without any proof but now PS4 is on best sellers people don't know anything about the situation. Gotchya.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ps4-overtakes-xbox-one-in-amazon-pre-order-charts/0117015

Maybe you should look at the actual source, and the the article AB posted that skips the little fact that was quoted earlier.

These numbers use ONLY the last 24 hour top sales charts. the previous numbers where total sales reported by Amazon. this article SPECIFICALLY States that they only use the top charts, the author just kind of forgets to mention that's just for the last 24 hours.

http://www.mcvuk.com...-charts/0117015

Maybe you should look at the actual source, and the the article AB posted that skips the little fact that was quoted earlier.

These numbers use ONLY the last 24 hour top sales charts. the previous numbers where total sales reported by Amazon. this article SPECIFICALLY States that they only use the top charts, the author just kind of forgets to mention that's just for the last 24 hours.

Wow. That sort of makes the author a troll.

Question to UK gamers, I see "day one edition" listed on US amazon but not UK yet the Microsoft site says amazon uk is doing the edition can anyone shed any light or am I already too late for one? I have pre ordered at amazon uk anyway but no mention of the hallowed edition.

like I said,you should read the last few pages of this thread. 1.the total pre order numbers were direct from amazon UK,not from the website. 2.best seller lists are not all time sales and 3. best seller list changes hourly based on algorithms such as sudden surges of sales or most recent sales,and they are only for the past 24 hours. this is spelled out for you clearly in the amazon F.A.Q.

In the alternative universe of that author, ChromeBooks and Windows Phones are market leaders.

Guys - please keep it civil.

As for the Amazon algorithms - I don't know the algorithms they use on that page, but in the UK the PS4 has been above the 360 in it every time I've looked.

Guys - please keep it civil.

As for the Amazon algorithms - I don't know the algorithms they use on that page, but in the UK the PS4 has been above the 360 in it every time I've looked.

I know on the US (I don't know about the UK) Best Seller lists there are many SKUs - the X1 Day One/PS4 Launch edition and the Standard editions. So their numbers don't really directly correlate since we can't tell exactly how many were sold.