Microsoft E3 - Xbox: A new Generation of Games Revealed

69 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be watching/reading live?

2. 2. What is your general impression pre-conference?

• Waiting for E3
    • Like what I've seen/heard so far
    • Don't like what I've seen/heard
  3. 3. What is your general impression post-conference?

• Buying on day 1
    • Like it but won't buy on day 1
    • Don't like it but may buy eventually
    • Hate it

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. Even though I don't think the requirement for a connection every 24 hours is necessary or a good thing, the cloud features are really cool. Xbox One is definitely on my wish list, not sure if I'll buy it right away though.

Typical predictable Microsoft. Nothing exciting whatsoever and a hilarious price tag. Thanks for making my decision to skip this thing oh so easier. The 360 was what ?280 at launch and that thing was actually next gen almost ahead of pcs at the time. This thing is more of the same.

Out of all that Metal Gear Solid 5 and Dead Island 3 only ones that interested me. I notice at the top right of the screen in BF4 there was a Battlelog icon which was backspace from a PC keyboard, I doubt it was running on XB1.

I also notice they kept quiet about DRM, they are hoping people are going to forget about it.

It's not over is it? Surely we're going to see a trailer of Halo 5...

There was a halo 5 teaser. And it is over.

Todays E3 schedule, Sonys presentation is tonight at 6pm pt.

Xbox: A new Generation of Games Revealed

Monday, June 10th, 2013 9:30am PT/12:30pm ET

EA Press Conference

Monday, June 10th, 2013 1:00pm PT/4:00pm ET

Ubisoft E3 Media Briefing

Monday, June 10th, 2013 3:00pm PT/6:00pm ET Sony

PlayStation E3 2013 Press Conference

Monday, June 10th, 2013 6:00pm PT/9:00pm ET

Hmm, $499 is a little steep for me (for any console). If I am even interested in a next gen. console, I'll wait till prices drop to something more reasonable/future hardware revisions.

I will admit the MGS opening was pretty slick. However I felt like a lot of it was pretty run of the mill. Mech/Army FPS Games, Zombie games. To me the most interesting thing out of all of it was Spark.

The price isn't surprising, given that it's coming packaged with the extra crapware. But I feel they should have really priced it lower and taken a hit (or a bigger one) on each sale. $500 is a lot to ask for those on the fence of buying one.

I will admit the MGS opening was pretty slick. However I felt like a lot of it was pretty run of the mill. Mech/Army FPS Games, Zombie games. To me the most interesting thing out of all of it was Spark.

I'd agree with that but I have trouble believing that entire presentation, the world building part at least, was done on the fly.

Dead Rising 3. Forza 5. Crimson Dragon. below. The games I'm pretty much excited about.

Titanfall looks good for those into that sort of thing. It is not my cup of tea though, I am honestly burned out on FPS's I think.

BF4 looks amazing visually.

I do not think my interest in those games is enough to justify a $500 price tag at launch. I will probably wait until the first price drop, and pick up a PS4 at launch as long as it does not have insane DRM and similar policies about used games, etc.

So don't buy? Exclusives are just part of why you get one system, the majority of games are multiplatform now. I found it as a good sign that they've created 5 new studios to make exclusive games for the X1. I think that says something itself. We should see more exclusives throughout the life of the X1 now compared to the 360 which had a good number in the first 2-3 years then just basically had Halo and Gears.

Hmm, $499 is a little steep for me (for any console). If I am even interested in a next gen. console, I'll wait till prices drop to something more reasonable/future hardware revisions.

hah it's $650 for the UK and EU wish they'd learn what currency conversion is.