PlayStation's E3 Press Conference Tonight at 6PM Pacific/9PM Eastern

Yes you are, FM5 is using the cloud mostly for the AI stuff the 'Drivatar', and prebaked lighting, stuff that doesn't need to be realtime.

Wait so all the cloud latency issues will magically disappear with gaikai?

I agree with other points but weak games? From what I read Sony came short on games compared to MS.

That's a matter of opinion. To me, the only game Microsoft showed that I'm interested in is Dark Souls 2. And not only is that not a next gen title but it's also cross platform. Sony on the other hand had lots of fun looking games that I haven't heard of before.

you mean thats all there is? KH3 was not said that its an exclusive. neither was FF.

I never mentioned ff. When was a main series kingdom Hearts ever not a sony exclusive?

Well, MS got owned... and they did it themselves, starting with their arrogance on Windows 8 they wanted to imprint that on their own console, will not buy PS4 at the moment but that will be my next gen console indeed and now with far less regret than before, I can even buy a PS4 and a decent PC and not get hurt in the process.

I suppose but it's only running till November and they won't be giving you free XB1 games. PS+ gives you fairly modern games, the first two games you get from XBLG are 4 and 6 years old and there's a good chance of them giving you Gaikai streaming as part of PS+.

But you won't be playing them. Gaikai is North American only.

Yawn, another feeble attempt. Did you not watch the XB1 conference?

They said everything was running on dev kits and they had audio issues all the way through the conference and Battlefield 4 crashed hard and it took them a good 5 minutes to sort it out.

That crash was on the EA conference. I just watched it so, I should know.

I never said it was a gimmick, I said they can't use it in a meaningful way like boosting graphics. Gaikai is just for streaming games not cloud processing.

Yes, they can use it with graphics as well (Dan Greenwald mentioned it in an interview). You can't use it in situations which you have collisions, but you can use it for graphics that are static such as a crowd in a stadium or lighting.

No its not. OPM UK asking about Gaikai

http://m.officialpla...0/michael-denny

It's north America only for now. Servers are not available in Europe. Sorry about that.

So, you are okay waiting until 2015 to play PS3 games?

I particularly already got my ps3 for that.

Well, MS got owned... and they did it themselves, starting with their arrogance on Windows 8 they wanted to imprint that on their own console, will not buy PS4 at the moment but that will be my next gen console indeed and now with far less regret than before, I can even buy a PS4 and a decent PC and not get hurt in the process.

The price is high for Xbone I agree but if you were hoping to play all the exclusive Xbone games on the PC you would be wrong. All of them except for Titian won't be on the PC.

Windows 8 will be great on Xbone and you know what is even better. You can switch to whatever game you want at any time you want without having to find the disk and putting it in the system and all using your voice. So, if you want to play Quantum Break, you just have to say the name and you are playing it.

If you want to play like 2006, you go right ahead. I would rather play in 2013-2014.

You might not think this is a big deal, until you use it and and realize that you are missing out.

Sony made a real backwards decision not to put in the camera in the box, so the PS4 is a small upgraded PS3 but now you have to pay for your Internet game play like Xbox, so it's really a step backwards.

I particularly already got my ps3 for that.

That is a lot of wasted space and room, let alone a pain. A lot of disks to get confused over and tons of clutter and generates a lot of heat. Good luck with that.

At least Microsoft is using the cloud for something useful.

The price is high for Xbone I agree but if you were hoping to play all the exclusive Xbone games on the PC you would be wrong. All of them except for Titian won't be on the PC.

Windows 8 will be great on Xbone and you know what is even better. You can switch to whatever game you want at any time you want without having to find the disk and putting it in the system and all using your voice. So, if you want to play Quantum Break, you just have to say the name and you are playing it.

If you want to play like 2006, you go right ahead. I would rather play in 2013-2014.

Wait... what? Dude I already play PC games, my laptop is enough powerfull to play Crysis 3 on medium settings no problem (and it still looks better than on consoles) Forza games? I prefer Grid 2 thanks (or the following The Crew that looks interesting) 3gb reserved for "fast os switching" the hell? I mean, in my laptop Windows 8 and 7 don't go above 1.5 gb (And I have quite a lot of programs running on background) PS4 has GDDR5 memory, and in my own benchmarks with my laptop and another laptop with DDR3 memory but same GPU that translates in around 20 fps more, I got to say however that I prefer PCs by their huge difference on power nonetheless and highly customization options. Honestly speaking, pc gamming has been far ahead of console gaming, it just happens that some interesting titles are for consoles only rather than on PC. I'm already playing 2013, next gen consoles are likely to be in this year too... and stay there their whole life span while PC stays going 2014, 2015... and so on.

Wait... what? Dude I already play PC games, my laptop is enough powerfull to play Crysis 3 on medium settings no problem (and it still looks better than on consoles) Forza games? I prefer Grid 2 thanks (or the following The Crew that looks interesting) 3gb reserved for "fast os switching" the hell? I mean, in my laptop Windows 8 and 7 don't go above 1.5 gb (And I have quite a lot of programs running on background) PS4 has GDDR5 memory, and in my own benchmarks with my laptop and another laptop with DDR3 memory but same GPU that translates in around 20 fps more, I got to say however that I prefer PCs by their huge difference on power nonetheless and highly customization options. Honestly speaking, pc gamming has been far ahead of console gaming, it just happens that some interesting titles are for consoles only rather than on PC. I'm already playing 2013, next gen consoles are likely to be in this year too... and stay there their whole life span while PC stays going 2014, 2015... and so on.

So, basically you lost the argument and moved the goal post to the PC (which already has DRM to begin with and is always online as well). Congrats you got owned!

That crash was on the EA conference. I just watched it so, I should know.

Um no.

BF4 crashed at the Microsoft conference running on XB1.

So, basically you lost the argument and moved the goal post to the PC. Congrats.

PS4 is for the titles that are not on PC and likely to look better on PS4 (considering all the limitations that xbox 1 has) while PC still king on almost everything. However, between xbox 1 and ps4 let me tell you one thing, xbox 1 is inferior, costs more than ps4 and includes DRM. I don't like ANY console that tells me how or with whom I share my games, an in this case it seems that MS just did that, and they did the same with windows 8 telling me how to "Modern" UI. Xbox 1 it's just bad for trying to step on the consumer rights.

P.D. I like to collect consoles and they all look amazing, I even have my SNES in working order, I would have a NES if it were not because it was sold by my fathers, Nonetheless I'm a proud owner of SNES, PSOne, PS2 fat, PS3 fat and had an XBOX 360 that bought very cheap because I knew it will RROD on me, only played Tales of Vesperia on it and then got the RROD, because it was not entirely mine (original owner lost documents) I couldn't claim warranty, but still nonetheless it served its purpose and then I trow it away.

Forgot to mention, I also got a PSP, Gamecube and a Wii :D

Um no.

BF4 crashed at the Microsoft conference running on XB1.

I don't think it was a game crash, it looked like a switching issue in the audio system. Crimson Dragon was played without any sound.

Change of tune I know, but I go where the games and innovation are. So far Sony are doing absolutely everything right to please gamers, developers and publishers.

24hr DRM & anti-consumer rights? No thank you. Alternatively if Microsoft back down on all these policies & do what Sony are doing, gamer's have 2 great choices this generation. The GDDR5/?350 for the PS4 still wins though (Y)

Said to AudioBoxer on Twitter that the world hasn't seen 2 "rivals" like him & I come together like this since Nintendo & SEGA :laugh: Won't ever be as active on here as I used to be, but seeing as there would be little to no anamosity between us, I see no reason to not drop in now and again.

• Like 3

What "features" are those? DRM?

$100 cheaper, no DRM, PS+ gives you free PS4 games from launch. Those are the only "features" I need.

No DRM only applies for disc based games. Its also again not as big of a deal to most of the market as you would love to think. The extra $100 is with it easily. You get free games with XBL starting next month. And ,oh, we get plenty of excellent looking exclusive titles. We also carry our entire games library everywhere without having to drag discs around, can share it with 10 people, and can still buy and sell used games. I know I'll enjoy it. I also really like the integration with TV services and everything that'll be enhanced in that regard, as well as their partnership with the NFL.

No DRM only applies for disc based games. Its also again not as big of a deal to most of the market as you would love to think. The extra $100 is with it easily. You get free games with XBL starting next month. And ,oh, we get plenty of excellent looking exclusive titles. We also carry our entire games library everywhere without having to drag discs around, can share it with 10 people, and can still buy and sell used games. I know I'll enjoy it. I also really like the integration with TV services and everything that'll be enhanced in that regard, as well as their partnership with the NFL.

The Xbox online and backend architecture is always going to be ahead of PlayStation, that's the bonus of always having charged for it. With the new MP price tag & the incoming flux of subscribers Sony will have, we'll see them innovate what they have to offer too.

Right now Xbox One definitely has the upperhand on apps, services and the cloud. Will it always be like that? Not if the consumers swing towards PS4 (which it looks like is a definite now) & Sony have the cash to expand/seek new investors.