Photo

Who's going to be an early adopter of the next-gen?

next-gen ps4 xbox one

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• 8,441 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:46

I am just wondering how many people intend on getting a next-gen console as soon as they can get their mitts on one and who is going to lean back and wait awhile before purchase?

Personally? I am no longer an early adopter. I bought an original 3DS only for the XL to get released. I bought a Vita, and although I think it is a great system, I would like to see more games for the thing, and I have resisted the urge to buy a Wii U because, frankly, their software library just isn't doing it for me.

When I do decide the time is right I will most likely be getting a PS4. I have a huge backlog of games, so I have plenty to keep me occupied until I feel the time is right to upgrade.

#2 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

• 8,896 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:51

I just pre-ordered a Day 1 edition XBone. I just couldn't resist after watching a video on KI3. That, and I'm a sucker for buying stuff. I'm going to wait and see what games are available for the PS4 before going that route.

#3 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 17,007 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:51

This guy. :laugh:

And I decided since their release is so close to the holidays, which my birthday happens to be December 21st 4 days before Christmas, I will buy myself the PS4, and ask for my family members to all chip in and get the XBox One as my combined birthday/christmas gift, so I plan on having both now. I feel better receiving gifts of things I did not necessarily want to spend the money on myself but have others get it for me. Even if I barely have time to play either these days.

#4 OP compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• 8,441 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:55

Even if I barely have time to play either these days.

This is also an issue for me as well. Time poor or I want to do other **** with my time (watch movies, new anime, read, audio books etc.)

#5 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,553 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:59

Not me. The X1 doesn't look good from a consumer standpoint, and the PS4 has the potential to fall into the same trap but in a different manor. Both have pretty lackluster launch titles. So I'll wait and see how the chips fall.

The one caveat is that my brother is still planning on getting an X1 despite the obvious terribleness, and he may pressure me into getting one for co-op Dark Souls 2. But I am going to adamantly resist that as long as I can, since I can still get it for my 360.

#6 Matrix XII

Matrix XII

System F

• 10,465 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:00

I am usually an early adopter. I bought the N64, Xbox, Xbox LIVE, and Xbox 360 on launch day.

This time however, I will be purchasing the PS4 on launch day if I'm able to get one. I'm going to visit EB Games or Best Buy/Future Shop soon and try to pre-order one.

#7 CaptainBeno

CaptainBeno

Neowinian

• 144 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:01

I pre ordered two playstation 4's today one for my new car im getting in october and one for my house i would have got one of each console but the mandatory internet on the xbox one lost a sale because of that so its 100% sony for me .

i am also going to trade in my 360 tomorow and jump on a ps3 until next gen gets here

#8 Matrix XII

Matrix XII

System F

• 10,465 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:10

I pre ordered two playstation 4's today one for my new car im getting in october and one for my house i would have got one of each console but the mandatory internet on the xbox one lost a sale because of that so its 100% sony for me .

i am also going to trade in my 360 tomorow and jump on a ps3 until next gen gets here

lol that's another scenario where the 24 hr online requirement comes into play, never thought of that one :p

You're going to have to post a picture or video of the PS4 when it's been installed in your car!

#9 Boxster17

Boxster17

Porsche Enthusiast

• 1,713 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:51

Love new tech toys to play around with and will be picking up the PS4 at launch (put in an Amazon preorder for the convenience factor).

#10 Dinggus

Dinggus

Neowinian Senior

• 2,784 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:21

What kind of car are you getting? I'm just wondering why someone would install a gaming system in their car, do you spend that much time in it?

#11 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,281 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:24

I preordered the X1. Honestly, as annoyed as I am with my computer and computer gaming in general, I plan to make it my main machine for everything and just load up my laptop or future tablet when I need apps...it's much quieter.

#12 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• 19,418 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:42

I've already pre-ordered a Xbone, and I'm probably going to grab a PS4 as well.

I'm actually quite optimistic about this gen, I wasn't interested in any PS3 games at all (As well as the console itself, $999 at launch :laugh: ), but the ones they've shown at E3 look interesting, as well as the PS4 launch titles.

#13 44MLX

44MLX

Neowinian

• 720 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:56

Pre-Ordered the PS4!

#14 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• 10,324 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:10

Can't decide if I want to pre-order it or if I want to hold off a few weeks and wait until the dust settles to see how everything plays out. I'm largely against being an early adopter, as I hate the idea of putting myself at risk of being screwed, but the Xbone is not an option for me, and Nintendo I can wait until they at least have some decent games (and their console becomes dirt cheap).

Not sure though... Would love to see the PS3 drop in price too. The PS Vita looks cool with how it will work with the PS4... Sony can do so much with bundling options as well. They have a lot to work with in the Playstation ecosystem.

Posted Image

#15 Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• 15,309 posts
  • Phone: HTC One

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:13

I'm still up in the air of which one to get.. so I'm gonna wait till better games come out for them. Then I'll choose which one.