california garage sale watch box accident

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 22:00

Whilst she may have lost a ring its merely a symbol of their relationship which she still has,so she needs to get over her delusion that its somehow harms their relationship not having it.

I don't think that's it. The ring was very expensive, probably the most expensive thing she owned. I doubt it gets replaced anytime soon.

#17 arachnoid

arachnoid

A day without sunshine is like night.

• 4,686 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 22:05

Monetary value in real relationships is not what makes it valuable its the emotional side that matters,had she said their were memory's related to the item then maybe the loss would have some value.

#18 compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• 8,954 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:26

Whilst she may have lost a ring its merely a symbol of their relationship which she still has,so she needs to get over her delusion that its somehow harms their relationship not having it.

Where does it say she thinks no longer having the ring harms the relationship? I didn't read that anywhere.

Monetary value in real relationships is not what makes it valuable its the emotional side that matters,had she said their were memory's related to the item then maybe the loss would have some value.

You mean like the memory of her wedding when she married her husband? :huh:

#19 +zhiVago

zhiVago

Pax Orbis

• 9,319 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:29

I have no sympathy for either of them.

The husband is a loser for buying such a ring in the first place and giving it a woman who's now crying over a small piece of metal and stone. All this tells me they could hardly afford it, that the woman has some insecurity/psychological issues, and I wouldn't be surprised if the ring was purchased on credit.

Had they been truly wealthy and happy, the husband could have said: "honey, don't worry, I'll get you a newer, better, and more expensive ring tomorrow - forget the box, what's important is that we have each other" - and it would have been a non-issue for this family.