Photo

Sony Playstation is not innovating

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#16 Melfster

Melfster

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:38

Interactivities between gamers and AI. That is one of the awesome functions of Kinect.

http://www.theverge....e-interactivity

They really have to prove that they can innovate with kinnect. The first kinect was indeed a gimick if this kinect actually deliver on the promises that Microsoft has hyped then I will get the Xboxone. So far have not seen any compelling case but its still early.

#17 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:40

The Xbox One has the ability to play games in the progress of being downloaded? The ability to stream video games to a Tablet or in Sony's case the Vita?

The OP's point was make it seem as if Sony had not brought anything new to the table, when they in fact have. Just re-read the opening post. He is clearly coming from a point of bias.

it was said you can play while installing,which I imagine also applies to when you're downloading. And yes you can stream games to tablets,phones,pcs.

OPs point is,these are natural progressions,since these now exist on both of these boxes. Although these are innovations,they are safe innovations,nothing groundbreaking, whereas the xbox went above and beyond and has way more innovative and futuristic features.

#18 Matrix XII

Matrix XII

System F

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:40

Sony is definitely innovating, just look at Gaikai that is upcoming. A lot of people are very excited about that innovation.

Innovation can come in much more subtle ways too, it doesn't always have to be a touchscreen or a motion controlled device. Those are innovative somewhat, but sometimes your target market doesn't want those features, they just want an enhanced experience that they were already getting.

I don't think Sony is making any mistakes by focusing on games and not TV features. Most people who buy a PS4 or Xbone is buying the system for games. That appears to be Sony's main focus right now which I think is very positive.

#19 MindTrickz

MindTrickz

That's no way to treat a lady!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:42

it was said you can play while installing,which I imagine also applies to when you're downloading. And yes you can stream games to tablets,phones,pcs.

No, those are not the same thing. You know this. Play while installing and play while downloading are not the same thing.

And really? You can stream your Xbone gameplay to tablets , phones, pcs and continue your gameplay from those devices?

#20 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:45

This is what this thread has elicited!
psxbox.jpg

#21 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:51

No, those are not the same thing. You know this. Play while installing and play while downloading are not the same thing.

And really? You can stream your Xbone gameplay to tablets , phones, pcs and continue your gameplay from those devices?

so the features you guys are pimping are the ones that require an always on internet connection. oh the irony.

#22 MindTrickz

MindTrickz

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:52

OPs point is,these are natural progressions,since these now exist on both of these boxes. Although these are innovations,they are safe innovations,nothing groundbreaking, whereas the xbox went above and beyond and has way more innovative and futuristic features.

Hahahah. I love how you sweep Sony's entire achievement under the rug including Gaikai etc. by classing them as "natural progression" where as you call the gimmick motion control known as Kinect (PS4eye anyone) as "way more innovative and futuristic features".

I am genuinely curious now. Please list these "way more innovative and futuristic features." that the Xbone has brought to the table.

so the features you guys are pimping are the ones that require an always on internet connection. oh the irony.

Please see this post;

#23 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:00

After all of the press conferences, after all the up in arms about policies, and price and all of that...I came to the realization that Sony is not innovating. The Playstation isn't moving the technology of these systems forward in new ways. Sony is literally staying the course it's been doing since the first playstation and just chugging along. I will probably be called a fanboy and all that nonsense (even though I'm buying both systems and probably a Wii U once a new "3D" Zelda comes out), and I don't care, I'm a gamer. I had this discussion with several gamer friends and they actually agreed.

Wii U: Changing the way we play games with innovations of using a touchscreen on a controller.
Xbox One: Adding TV capabilities, mandating an enhanced and more "true" Kinect, and being able to do two things at once (ie. Skype, NFL Fantasy, etc...)
Playstation 4: A share button and a clickable touch pad?

Discuss...please keep the civil...

Xbox, go home!

#24 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:24

Hahahah. I love how you sweep Sony's entire achievement under the rug including Gaikai etc. by classing them as "natural progression" where as you call the gimmick motion control known as Kinect (PS4eye anyone) as "way more innovative and futuristic features".

I am genuinely curious now. Please list these "way more innovative and futuristic features." that the Xbone has brought to the table.

Please see this post;

see post 5, and post matching features, thanks

#25 OP Zedox

Zedox

Neowinian

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:41

First. I ask to be civil meaning that it doesn't need to turn into "this policy" vs. "that policy" (and being called something) as almost all threads all over the internet have turned into. I am coming from the point of "bias"? How is that? Am I coming from my opinion? Yes. Please, stop (another reason I asked to stay civil). In my opinion (obviously...so I guess I'm biased to my opinion) is that both Xbox has the ability to play while downloading as well. I did forget the ability to play previous PS3 games (coming in the future, and potentially PS2/PS1 games) but I feel (as it's my opinion) that it's just a form of backwards compatibility, and that's not a big thing as it's just a new way of doing something that's been done before (again, my opinion).

I'm not flaimbaiting. I appreciate everyone's input as everyone has different opinions and different views.

EDIT: Note, I'm not saying that they aren't innovations (using Gaikai), I just didn't think it was. But I will concede it as being one.

#26 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:45

No one is against Internet capabilities.

0/10, try harder.

#27 OP Zedox

Zedox

Neowinian

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:46

Actually, this has been possible with XNA years ago, and that's dead. I don't see why it wouldn't be possible with Xbox One.

Edit: I should say that you can start a game on one of those devices and continue it on another.

#28 virtorio

virtorio

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 14
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:54

People could argue back and forth on this all day. For me, I buy a games console to play games, and that is it, so they're innovating enough for what I want.

#29 OP Zedox

Zedox

Neowinian

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:00

People could argue back and forth on this all day. For me, I buy a games console to play games, and that is it, so they're innovating enough for what I want.

That's a valid point and I respect that.

#30 MindTrickz

MindTrickz

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:55

see post 5, and post matching features, thanks

I still fail to see to innovations, yet alone "way more innovations".