Why the Wii U is the most innovative and cool console.

You may laugh at the Wii U, but its the most innovative and the coolest of the two new consoles that were recently released. The new Wii U game pad ingeniously acts as an extension of the console and allows you to do so many things using it. Unlike the two new consoles released, while someone is watching TV, you can surf the web, watch a video or play games on the Wii U game pad that plays off the Wii U console. The Wii U gamepad allow you to interact with games using the touchscreen on it, and also use the gamepad as a regular controller. The Wii U is also backwards compatible giving it a big advantage over the two new consoles. The Miiverse is like facebook where you can "yeah" people?s posts, share doodles from the gamepad, share screenshot and receive game tips on how to beat bosses. For graphics, the Wii U features a multi-core processor, a AMD- Radeon based High Definition GPU, 2GB of ram, and 8gb or 32gb of storage. The Wii U has alot of the fun and long time games like Mario Kart and much more. I think the Wii U still has alot of potential, its alot cheaper than the recently released consoles, its backwards compatible, and it stands out in innovative features.

It's a terrible console. I've done everything I can to support the Wii U but it really is a huge screw up by Nintendo. Lack of games is really hurting them, I loved playing Mario Bros, Lego City Undercover (highly underrated game) and even Nintendo Land was fun. But not having Mario Kart, Zelda, SSB, etc at or at least near launch was just stupid. The dashboard or whatever you want to call it is beyond slow, switching from messages to settings etc should not take 45-60 seconds. I've already invested $450 between the 2 games and the console so I'm going to wait it out and pick up the first party titles whenever they decide to release them. Innovating, absolutely, but executed poorly.

It's a terrible console. I've done everything I can to support the Wii U but it really is a huge screw up by Nintendo. Lack of games is really hurting them, I loved playing Mario Bros, Lego City Undercover (highly underrated game) and even Nintendo Land was fun. But not having Mario Kart, Zelda, SSB, etc at or at least near launch was just stupid. The dashboard or whatever you want to call it is beyond slow, switching from messages to settings etc should not take 45-60 seconds. I've already invested $450 between the 2 games and the console so I'm going to wait it out and pick up the first party titles whenever they decide to release them. Innovating, absolutely, but executed poorly.

I've got to agree with this. I play my Wii U almost daily, but that is mostly VC and Wii games with the BC. It seriously needs more games to be released and it could use a few performance tweaks on the dashboard too.

I'd play the VC if there was more SNES games there, specifically Zelda and some other old gems.

I don't get why Nintendo are dragging their feet when it comes to making more SNES titles available. It's like Nintendo lives in an alternative reality where people don't like their games.

Nintendo needs to price drop and soon. The next gen isn't all the far away and if Nintendo thinks people are going to pay $X for a Wii U when they can add a little more and get a PS4 or a Xbox they are kidding themselves.

They'll find themselves a SEGA in no time.

I want Nintendo to succeed and do well, but they seem to be shooting themselves in the foot every chance they get. The Wii U needed more power plain and simple. Nintendo can say graphics don't matter but for a majority of people it does and graphics are the easiest indication that the average person can see that a game has improved and to justify the cost of a system.

When the original Wii came out to me it was the ultimate Nintendo system. It could or had the ability (through the VC) to play every Nintendo game ever released. It's only downside was it was non HD and underpowered. I always said if Nintendo came out with a more powerful system and it could play all their past games that would be the ultimate system IMO. Then they announce the Wii U and instead of it being built to last for the next five years at least, they built it to last two months. I can't fault them for not including the ability to run Gamecube games on the system but there's no excuse for me to not have the ability to at a minimum download every Gamecube, Wii, N64, SNES, & NES games that they have released. Not piecemeal two games a week like they normally do but all of them available.

Nintendo responded to some criticisms of the Wii with the Wii U by coming out with a "pro" controller that would make it easier for developers to port games from the other systems without having less buttons or features to work with. That allows Nintendo to still have their unique experience with the Wii-mote and the gamepad but also allows developers to ignore it completely if they want. Nintendo just didn't go the full route and add REAL power to their system. If the Wii U had specs that were only 80% of the PS4, I believe even without the software right now people would have still bought it because at least they could see that their system would be able to handle the newest games that come out five years from now. Unfortunately Nintendo didn't go that route and they are hurting for it. Nintendo can get away with releasing an underpowered portable system and still be able to win against a technically superior system (3DS vs Vita). However I doubt they can get away with doing that for another generation with mobile phones already more powerful and becoming more powerful than the 3DS. At some point Nintendo is going to have to face the reality that they will have to release a spec comparable system that they may have to still at a semi-significant loss, while also having software available for it at launch.

Sorry for the wall of text but this issue with Nintendo has frustrated me as a gamer and a Nintendo fan since the late SNES days when they first really started having this problem.

I really think the Wii U game pad is really cool and one of a kind controller. I think Nintendo should have waited to announce the Wii U after the Xbox and PS4!

I really think the Wii U game pad is really cool and one of a kind controller. I think Nintendo should have waited to announce the Wii U after the Xbox and PS4!

i doubt it would have helped them. as mentioned above, innovative idea but really poorly executed. think about it, what can it do that something like ipad + iphone/ipod touch (or android counterparty) with accessories can't besides leveraging its first-party titles? on top of that, console lifecycle is about 5~7 years so you really have to set the platform and foundation for years to come whereas tablets/phones/phablets are being upgraded with more power constantly. how long do you think it'll take before they'll catch up given their mass appeal, ubiquity and versatility? nintendo was innovative with wii but they hit a major "writer's block" since.

i don't even know where they stand on the playability of previous gen games because all the first-party titles used to be about the game play for the most part but if they don't allow people to download them and play, they're just shooting themselves repeatedly in the foot.