Photo

Lost my iphone 4, got galaxy note 2

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Zinomian

Zinomian

Neowinian

Posted 17 June 2013 - 15:00

Actually, if someone does find a good ROM for a note2, i would be very interested also....since the moded ones right now dont fully support the device and all the features.

#17 daniel_rh

daniel_rh

Daniel R. H.

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIV i9500

Posted 17 June 2013 - 15:11

Stock Android is sloooooow, you should flash a different ROM to your phone

#18 kurono

kurono

Time Traveller

Posted 17 June 2013 - 15:25

I have a Note 2 as well as my work phone and I've never had issues with lag.

What I have done is I've gone to the Application manager (Settings --> Application manager --> All) and disabled anything that I didn't want or needed running in the background (mostly the Samsung apps). This is time consuming because you'll have to look up what some of those apps/processes do. Once they're disabled, they stay disabled until you re-enable them or factory reset. They stay disabled even on a power cycle.

And of course, you have the option of rooting your Note 2 and installing a custom ROM. XDA is the best place to start. You'll have a choice of install a ROM based on the Samsung ROMs or AOSP ROMs. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. The best thing to do is to read through the topics and get a general idea and see where you want to go with it.

#19 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 17 June 2013 - 15:43

Actually, if someone does find a good ROM for a note2, i would be very interested also....since the moded ones right now dont fully support the device and all the features.

I am running Project AOSP 1.3 (yes I know I need to update).  Please tell me what modded rom you are using, and what is missing?

None here either. And if you root you'll loose a lot of camera stuff too.

Confusing Rooting with flashing a ROM?

Depends wholly on what camera app they put as default.

#20 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 17 June 2013 - 15:50

Depends wholly on what camera app they put as default.

That's true. Any TW based ROM will have the default Samsung camera app and filters but if you use a none TW ROM you will lose that. I used CleanROM and it was great. Tried Carbon ROM and while I liked the speed and Android 4.2.2 I missed the nice Samsung camera app.

#21 Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• Tech Issues Solved: 76

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:00

Not a review, moved.