Nexus 4 sending emails twice... Occasionally

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can help with a weird problem I seem to be getting, occasionally when replying to emails from my phone using the generic email app that is hooked up to a corporate exchange it will sporadically send the email twice.

I haven't been able to figure out any form of pattern to it, I had someone tell me that it happened via responding to one of the double emails and when I responded it only sent once.

I'm running 4.2.2 and claims to be fully up to date, can't see the generic email app listed in the play store to check if that is up to date.

Anyone had this or aware of some setting that may be causing this?

Thanks in advance!

Haven't heard or had this issue but it's always a good idea to completely delete the exchange account and re-add it and see if it happens again.

Nexus 4 sending emails twice... Occasionally

I love those kind of problems.

Have you tried using a different mail application to see if the problem continues? At least that way you could narrow down whether the issue is with the device or the application.

Haven't heard or had this issue but it's always a good idea to completely delete the exchange account and re-add it and see if it happens again.

I was afraid someone might say that, it was a while ago but i remember having issues getting it working the first place so I'm hoping this will be a last ditch attempt. It doesn't seem to happen too often, it's just a little irritating when it does.

Do you have auto-sync (background sync) enabled?

I do, worth turning it off? I have to admit I don't really understand why anyone would turn that other than for data usage reasons.

I love those kind of problems.

Have you tried using a different mail application to see if the problem continues? At least that way you could narrow down whether the issue is with the device or the application.

I do have Outlook and Gmail also on there and to my knowledge it has never happened with either of them however I very rarely use either for sending emails.

I do, worth turning it off? I have to admit I don't really understand why anyone would turn that other than for data usage reasons.

It causes a massive battery drain, but the point of a smartphone is to be connected right? I turn mine off at certain times, because I don't need to be reading email 24/7 - example 6pm-7am, and weekends. It might be worth a shot, but I don't think it will solve your problem.

It causes a massive battery drain, but the point of a smartphone is to be connected right? I turn mine off at certain times, because I don't need to be reading email 24/7 - example 6pm-7am, and weekends. It might be worth a shot, but I don't think it will solve your problem.

I gave it a try but it just became too much of an issue, this is my work email and whilst I don't work 24/7 I do need to be aware of issues if they occur, as I look after a portion of my companies IT infrastructure for the UK, Sweden, Pakistan and Israel and ended up missing a few emails.