texas mom carjacker collision atm machine kids safe

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Buttus

Buttus

Neowinian Senior

• 3,320 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 18:05

There were a few carjackings in Boca Raton a few years ago where the women got killed and the police all said that the best thing to do is just run into a parked car before you get out of the parking lot... 

if you get away from people and start driving around, your chance of being let go alive goes to 0%

#17 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,876 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 23:58

Who leaves their van unlocked :s

The nice man who gives me candy. :p

#18 Earthworm_Jim

Earthworm_Jim

GROOVY_!

• 7,032 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 00:18

The nice man who gives me candy. :p

where the hell is the like button when it is needed.

#19 farmeunit

farmeunit

The other white meat.

• 2,910 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 00:26

So what. She had a two and a five year old. Seat belts or not, that poses a higher risk of harming them than just going to an atm and giving the guy some money. Seat belts stop you from going through a windshield, not from being harmed at all, especially at that age.

I am glad she's okay and that the guy got what was coming to him, but playing hero is pretty much always overly risky if not outright dumb.

There's also nothing stopping him from harming them after getting the money as well.  Or she might not have that much in the account, making him angry that he's not getting anything.  Who knows the reason.  I believe she was better off stopping the situation as she did.

#20 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:43

Like I've seen DocM post several times....you don't mess with Mama Bear when her cubs are in danger.