Photo

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 BDuncan

BDuncan

Neowinian

Posted 17 June 2013 - 13:02

If you're a devoted X-Box console game player and always have been, why for you has it always been
than having and using a PS3 console, not unless you own both.

#2 +virtorio

virtorio

4089 III

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 17 June 2013 - 13:09

I'm not a devoted Xbox user, and I have both (so I don't know if you care about my answer, or not), but I own a lot more Xbox 360 games because, more often that not, muti-platform games look better/have better framerates on the 360 than they do on the PS3, and I seem to have better luck finding multiplayer games on Xbox Live than I do on PSN.

#3 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 17 June 2013 - 13:15

The sole reason I don't care for gaming on Playstation is the controller.  The location of the thumb sticks makes playing games uncomfortable really quickly.  Xbox nailed it with their design.

#4 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 15

Posted 17 June 2013 - 13:22

The sole reason I don't care for gaming on Playstation is the controller.  The location of the thumb sticks makes playing games uncomfortable really quickly.  Xbox nailed it with their design.

It's interesting that you say that. Having owned the various Playstation consoles I find the controller layout to be better for me (especially dealing with the D-pad) compared to the Xbox controller. That said, to each their own. (Y)

#5 Arceles

Arceles

Time Craymel

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • OS: Win 7 Ultimate / Win 8.1 Pro (With Start Menu Start8, otherwise is UNUSABLE) / Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
  • Phone: XT890 Motorola RAZRi (x86 processor)

Posted 17 June 2013 - 13:23

You can actually buy an adaptor for that... but honestly speaking, I've owned both consoles and I like better the PS3 controller (In fact I use the dualshock 3 to play all of my PC games except for those were the mouse and keyboard is actually better)

#6 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 June 2013 - 13:24

I'm a sucker for Halo, although that won't be why I'm getting an Xbox One.  It's the games though - PS exclusives never really interested me much.  The only two that I could really go for are God of War and Uncharted, but that's not enough to get me to buy one.

Also, Xbox Live is stellar.  Say what you will about paying to play, but it's an excellent service, and it's where a lot of my friends are.

#7 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 17 June 2013 - 13:26

I have owned PS1,2 and 3 as well as the Xbox 360 and for me I preferred the controller, UI and most importantly the stable online functionality of the Xbox over the PS3.

I had had multiple issues with playing online with family and friends on the PSN with games randomly dropping out fairly frequently.

I'm a sucker for Halo, although that won't be why I'm getting an Xbox One.  It's the games though - PS exclusives never really interested me much.  The only two that I could really go for are God of War and Uncharted, but that's not enough to get me to buy one.

Also, Xbox Live is stellar.  Say what you will about paying to play, but it's an excellent service, and it's where a lot of my friends are.

To be fair that also, Forza over Gran Turismo... Halo over Kill Zone... gears over god of war etc.

PS did have its games but just not enough for me if I had to pick between the two.

#8 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 June 2013 - 13:31

I have both as well. I like games on both platform. Xbox Live is better, of course, at least for me.

#9 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Phone: LG G3

Posted 17 June 2013 - 14:09

For people who use the controller as the sole issue you do not like the PS3, there are various controllers out there for the PS3 that are pretty much clones of the 360 controller. They are somewhat expensive though for the really good ones, so yes, it means more money spent, but if it is just the controller holding you back, there are options. Good ones at that. The PowerA being the best I have tried (and owned) myself. That controller is very expensive, but it also has very good build quality as well, and the analog sticks are damn good. It is the same size as a 360 controller.

I actually have no issue with the PS3 controller myself, but I did really want the trigger buttons to be more trigger like. So for that there is an item called Real Triggers. $5 and they work like a charm.

I guess because I have owned every Playstation since they have been released, I am just used to the fact that is the Playstation controller, and as such it does not seem weird or foreign to me at all.

In fact I remember it taking me more then a few hours to adjust to the original XBox's controller, the "Duke" I believe it was called. It seemed way to big and definitely took some getting used to. But that is all, it took some getting used to. The same can also happen for the PS3 controller as well, just takes some getting used to.

#10 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 17 June 2013 - 14:14

1. Halo

2. Controller

First is something sony can't fix and second is something they don't want to.

#11 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 17 June 2013 - 14:21

It's interesting that you say that. Having owned the various Playstation consoles I find the controller layout to be better for me (especially dealing with the D-pad) compared to the Xbox controller. That said, to each their own. (Y)

I agree the D-pad is much better on the PS3, but the games I play don't use it much.

I mostly play FIFA and Forza, and having to stretch the left thumb to reach the thumbstick gets painful after a while on a PS3 controller.  When holding the controller, your thumbs naturally point more upwards, so in my opinion, Sony didn't design their controller well for games that use the thumbsticks, which I believe is the majority now days.

#12 kaotic

kaotic

Neowinian

Posted 17 June 2013 - 14:22

1) Halo

2) Xbox Live

3) Controller

4) Gears of War

5) Everyone I know plays Halo. lol

#13 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

Posted 17 June 2013 - 14:27

Bought it for Halo, stayed because now I have so much invested in it :) I don't like the Xbox One and won't be buying one unless some serious changes are made (off topic, don't start with that, there are plenty of threads to discuss this ^_^), but my gamerscore, money and time invested in games, and network of friends I have made mean more to me than the cost of buying a new console and starting over. The few PS exclusives to me aren't really worth it. (Also, Forza and GoW rock.)

#14 +MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 17 June 2013 - 14:32

1. Controller
  2. XBL quality
  3. UI (thankfully this has been getting better and better)
  4. Exclusives
  5. Media features

#15 Daedroth

Daedroth

Neowinian

Posted 17 June 2013 - 14:37

Controller

XBL

Games

Amount of friends that also have one