drm m$ 1996 xbox !!!!!!!!111 xbox one game sharing

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#106 farmeunit

farmeunit

The other white meat.

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 19 June 2013 - 19:25

I love that the people who were hell bent on convincing us that this DRM was evil,and that MS is treating us like criminals,  are now in denial and disbelief over this whole feature. Its ok, I expect some of you to eventually snap out of it. I mean,who wouldn't enjoy paying a fraction of the cost of the newest and latest games to play them,no matter how anti-MS you are. Are you seriously telling me you would pay loads more to show your loyalty to a company whos been anything but loyal to their customers in the past? The tides are now turning. Hell im now seeing the funniest stuff. Some commenters on kotaku are now accusing them of being on the Microsoft payroll. Out of all sites.

Why are you trying to convince everyone otherwise when we haven't even seen it in real life, yet?

Not to mention, there is nothing to show that MS isn't changing because of consumer backlash and they figure they should get ahead of the negativity and fix the system.

Realistically, let's just wait and see before deciding anything.

#107 Joswin

Joswin

Over a decade on Neowin

• Phone: iPhone 5S 32GB [Gold]

Posted 19 June 2013 - 20:38

DRM is the killer feature

It really is. Just not in the way you tried to spin it.

It's the feature that's killing the console.

#108 Athernar

Athernar

?

Posted 19 June 2013 - 20:44

So how about that DRM eh guys?

#109 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 19 June 2013 - 20:53

So how about that DRM eh guys?

still there if you download the games and hopefully still enables family share. :/

#110 ZakO

ZakO

Neowinian

Posted 19 June 2013 - 20:57

still there if you download the games and hopefully still enables family share. :/

Unfortunately it looks like they're going to remove all sharing now (assuming their updated policies applies to family share):

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

Shame, it sounded like a good idea.

#111 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• OS: Win 8, Win 7, Vista, OSX, iOS, Android, WP8 and various Linux distro's
  • Phone: HTC 8X

Posted 19 June 2013 - 21:10

Looks like the tin foil hat wearing fanboys have ruined it for the rest of us.

#112 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 19 June 2013 - 21:16

I know that is how it has been portrayed, but for starters, that portrayal of their "official" stance on things has been all over the place at best.

People can think this feature is going to be 10 people sharing 1 gaming license, but I say no way in hell that winds up being the case. None.

Maybe, just maybe, they will do it with XBLA type games, but I even doubt that. Again, it would be the worst business model in the history of consoles and it totally defeats and contradicts all of the other measures they are introducing.

Maybe those 10 people will have timed access to a game? Like an hour demo so to speak. Sure, I could see that being a possibility. But 10 people sharing the same 1 game will never, ever happen. And if by some remote chance it does, it would be terminated shortly thereafter. 

And I have the One preordered, I am getting it even if I am not crazy about some of the things they are doing, but I am also a realist. 

Would you like to provide evidence or links to any of the official statements that contradtict their official statement about 10 family member sharing, anywhere anytime. 

Unfortunately it looks like they're going to remove all sharing now (assuming their updated policies applies to family share):

Shame, it sounded like a good idea.

Thank you whiners. you ruined an awesome thing. 

#113 the better twin

the better twin

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia Lumia

Posted 19 June 2013 - 21:18

Would you like to provide evidence or links to any of the official statements that contradtict their official statement about 10 family member sharing, anywhere anytime. 

Thank you whiners. you ruined an awesome thing. 

Ha ha ha ha ha.

#114 +Louisifer

Louisifer

'-'

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 19 June 2013 - 21:21

Looks like the tin foil hat wearing fanboys have ruined it for the rest of us.

Don't blame the people, MS decided to remove(possibly) the feature people liked.

I'm sure it will be reintroduced at some point for your digital downloads, the infrastructure is already there..

#115 slapfacemcdougal

slapfacemcdougal

Neowinian

Posted 19 June 2013 - 21:23

If drm was the killer feature, what do you have now?

#116 farmeunit

farmeunit

The other white meat.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:43

Wonder why they don't just let people choose.  Obviously, if they can change this at this point, it wouldn't be hard to just let people pick their experience the first time they login.

#117 compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:32

What happened to the critics being in the "vocal minority"?

I guess when it came to the criticism Microsoft couldn't #dealwithit

#118 OP vcfan

vcfan

POP POP RET

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:53

people with twitter and reddit accounts strike again.  patting each other on the back saying we won. won what? this is why technology will always be held back. I respect like hell guys like Don Mattrick who will go out and tell it like it is.

#119 Athernar

Athernar

?

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:09

people with twitter and reddit accounts strike again.  patting each other on the back saying we won. won what? this is why technology will always be held back. I respect like hell guys like Don Mattrick who will go out and tell it like it is.

And yet you've been saying the opposition was nothing more than a few meaningless internet nerds that would have no impact. Hah, One-Eighty indeed!

#120 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:23

If drm was the killer feature, what do you have now?

Nothing, just like PS4 but with more exclusives. :p

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!