Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:39

original.gif

qy08lUT.gif

:p

#362 xWhiplash

xWhiplash

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:43

I am confused here.  Where did Microsoft say that their family sharing let you give unrestricted access to 9 other people?  Do you honestly think that would ever work?  There would be a lot of restrictions with that feature.  You were never going to have the capability of letting 9 other people play your game at the same time.  You would have to fight with them saying "I want to play"..."No I do"...."No me me me".

What the heck happened to having a game console that is a game console?  It brings nothing to the next generation gaming?  Really?  It is a newer system.  It will have better graphics and better abilities to do amazing games.

So let me get this straight.  Having a 24-hour check in requirement is THE....THE ONLY next generation feature?  Without it Xbox One does not bring ANYTHING to the next generation gaming?

You guys really need to think about the big picture.  It is not just because 10 people online whined about this feature.  Maybe the Military requested it for their troops.  Maybe Microsoft realized we still have a very BAD internet structure.  So what if you have perfect internet.  Having this forced a lot of unnecessary point of failures that you CANNOT CONTROL.

What if Xbox Live is down for more than a day?  Nothing is perfect.  What about natural disasters?  What about if somebody crashes and kicks out the internet for the entire neighborhood?  You cannot control these things.  We are not ready for something like this with such poor internet still.

#363 kaotic

kaotic

Neowinian

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:52

I am confused here.  Where did Microsoft say that their family sharing let you give unrestricted access to 9 other people?  Do you honestly think that would ever work?  There would be a lot of restrictions with that feature.  You were never going to have the capability of letting 9 other people play your game at the same time.  You would have to fight with them saying "I want to play"..."No I do"...."No me me me".

What the heck happened to having a game console that is a game console?  It brings nothing to the next generation gaming?  Really?  It is a newer system.  It will have better graphics and better abilities to do amazing games.

So let me get this straight.  Having a 24-hour check in requirement is THE....THE ONLY next generation feature?  Without it Xbox One does not bring ANYTHING to the next generation gaming?

You guys really need to think about the big picture.  It is not just because 10 people online whined about this feature.  Maybe the Military requested it for their troops.  Maybe Microsoft realized we still have a very BAD internet structure.  So what if you have perfect internet.  Having this forced a lot of unnecessary point of failures that you CANNOT CONTROL.

What if somebody takes down Xbox Live?  Nothing is perfect.  What about natural disasters?  What about if somebody crashes and kicks out the internet for the entire neighborhood?  You cannot control these things.  We are not ready for something like this with such poor internet still.

I think the family sharing was very next gen, even if it had restrictions it would have been new and interesting. Let me guess, you think a console with better gfx is 'next gen' right? lol, i'll take a Steam like distribution anyday. I honestly hope MS slowly adds in their digital ideas over the next few years. 

#364 xWhiplash

xWhiplash

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:56

I think the family sharing was very next gen, even if it had restrictions it would have been new and interesting. Let me guess, you think a console with better gfx is 'next gen' right? lol, i'll take a Steam like distribution anyday. I honestly hope MS slowly adds in their digital ideas over the next few years. 

Well I am sorry, I am not lazy.  I do not mind having discs.  So you would prefer we still have the Original Xbox graphics but just these new features tacked on?

What do you consider next gen then?  Better hardware and the ability to bring us even better games is not next gen?  It HAS to have this DRM to be next gen?  It has to be always online for it to be next gen?  How did these changes make it not next gen?

#365 Zedox

Zedox

Neowinian

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:04

Funny, game consoles will still be using discs ~5-6 years (as I don't think this gen will be as long as the last one) as every other computing platform will be all digital based. Hilarious. Way to be ahead of the curve. I wish they just left the damn Blu-ray out. Oh wells. Just gotta hope all my digital downloads will one day be shareable with my friends. I'm just gonna have to download all of my games.

#366 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:09

You sound like a cry baby...its just a console.. Not sure if this is a 12 year old behind the computer screen... :(

If it's "just a console" why did everyone make such a fuss over things before then?  If it's "just a console" you didn't have to buy it if you didn't like the plan they had in place originally.  Yet we get an internet rage fest instead. 

#367 Marshall

Marshall

▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:25

You've proven again, that consoles can't be discussed in a civilized manner.

Thread Closed