stylus tablet phone quality

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 +bman

bman

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 22 June 2013 - 00:04

I am looking to purchase a high quality stylus for my father. He has a Galaxy Note as well as an iPad.

He enjoys the type with a rubber end, not the hard kind. Looking for something that feels nice, has the rubber end, and is a high quality build, nice looking.

Ideas, suggestions?

Thanks.

#2 SMELTN

SMELTN

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, 2012 Macbook Pro, CR-48 Chromebook from Google
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:04

The best stylus I have ever owned is the Wacom Bamboo Stylus

https://www.google.c...Q&ved=0CM0BELok

Absolutely love that thing. You can even get a pack of 3 replacement tips for about $5 if you need them.  Works on all tablets, phones, with/without screen protectors so give it a try. 

Btw, I have had many stylus' but this one is the best. Only one I want to try is the Adonit Jot Pro. I have heard great reviews, but its not rubber tipped, AND the biggest problem is people say the plastic ring tip thingy can fall off and get lost. 

#3 OP +bman

bman

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:21

From the reviews, it's great but the tip dies quickly, why should I pay about $30 for this thing, and have to keep spending $5 here and there to get new tips.

#4 SMELTN

SMELTN

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, 2012 Macbook Pro, CR-48 Chromebook from Google
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:25

From the reviews, it's great but the tip dies quickly, why should I pay about $30 for this thing, and have to keep spending $5 here and there to get new tips.

I have only replaced the tip 1 time and it was due to my own neglect of keeping it in my pocket and I ended up cracking the tip. I called Wacom and they sent me the first pack free of charge. I have not had to call back since. 

#5 +goretsky

goretsky

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:33

Hello,

My personal preference is a HAND Stylus, which looks like a high-end drafting (mechanical) pencil.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky