Under The Dome

CBS? ?Under The Dome? Renewed For Second Season

CBS will be staying Under The Dome beyond this summer. At the top of its TCA presentation today, the network announced a second season renewal for the series adaptation of Stephen King?s novel to return next summer. King will pen the second season?s opening episode. ?This is the way television should be,? CBS Corp. CEO Leslie Moonves said. Under The Dome, originally developed at CBS? sibling Showtime, has been a strong ratings performer. After a big premiere, which soared to a 4.6 rating in 18-49 and 17.8 million total viewers in Live+7, Under The Dome kept steady. Its ratings have been on a growth path for the last two weeks, most recently drawing 2.7/8 and 11.4 million in the fast nationals last week.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/cbs-under-the-dome-renewed-for-second-season/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Stockholm syndrome plus she knew the dude since they were kids. Technically he still didn't hurt her so she is probably just feeling sorry for him, that's he's damaged in someway which is why he did what he did to her.

Stockholm schmockholm. Dude had her chained by foot, phyhsically assaulted her to get here there, she'd have to be unbalanced, severely to forget all that.

Yeah Buddy,

Angie didn't let me down. Clocked that nuckin' futs fool and hauled ass. That's a man's woman right there boy. I can keep watchin' :D

Yeah this whole trapped / bad luck / dumb blondey is getting old...reminds me of Kim from 24

Im still enjoying the show and my imaginery sources inform me the readhead will nude up sooner or later.

Yeah this whole trapped / bad luck / dumb blondey is getting old...reminds me of Kim from 24

Im still enjoying the show and my imaginery sources inform me the readhead will nude up sooner or later.

Angie's acting and behavior have been the most realistic performance on the show IMO. It's everything around her that's kind of ... cheesy? But it is time they gave her a change of clothes.

That's pretty obvious. Something to look forward to. Relatively realistic actually given the situation they've written her into.

BTW, Now it's getting good!

Haha! So the lake is the water source of the water tower. I doubt that, for a town this small, there is a water treatment plant. So that means that the water being pumped into the tower is not treated? And if the water is not treated, and they said that methane got released when the dome appeared, and has been polluting the lake since then, that would mean that people have been drinking non-potable water. Just peachy!

God this show is sooo bad..lol  The acting is aweful and the story feels like its created as they progress with no real idea of where its supposed to go.  A furniture truck crashes the water tower? really?  Just out on a couch delivery an hour after a bomb hit you?  Good god..lol

God this show is sooo bad..lol  The acting is aweful and the story feels like its created as they progress with no real idea of where its supposed to go.  A furniture truck crashes the water tower? really?  Just out on a couch delivery an hour after a bomb hit you?  Good god..lol

Ya, even the narration at the very beginning is mono and terrible and sounds like she is reading cue cards!

I also love how the kid tells the girl "Help me get him out" .. as she is in the process of helping him get him out.

Then RIGHT after they hit the water tower, we see the show opening showing a perfectly in tact water tower. Now had the modified the opening, at least for this episode showing the broken water tower, I would have given them props for creativity.

"They pull him out just in time!" ... Just in time for what? He already hit the water tower. He wasn't bleeding and  the water looks like it is going over the cab, so he wasn't going to drown.

"Pipes a goner!" ....NO **** SHERLOCK!

"Is the dome high enough for storm clouds to form?" ... What do I look like, a ****ing meteorologist!

Was that dumb bitch going to steel "ALL" of their incline!? Not even leave them 1?

Did Barbie and the cop walk around inside the cloud of tear gas?

It can rain in side the dome, now lets all stop beating each other up, robbing, and raping each other and give big Jim a high five!

Every time the two kids touch they drop have have seizures, yet at the 34 minute mark of the episode they grab hands and start walking away back to her mom

... Man,  I should have been on that show! I've always wanted to act, but though I always sucked at it. I would have fit right in!

I find myself labouring to watch episodes now but I will continue to watch just to see if they answer what the dome is, do they in the book?

Agreed, with the exception of Angie. I think she's done a helluvan acting job. That diner scene was 10/10.

But I guess when you have to look for good scenes and good acting in a series with this much hype, that's bad. Now that it's gone into survival mode it might get better, all we need are Zombies :D.

I really enjoyed it until I found it had a 2nd season coming. I thought it was a mini series with an ending in sight. How can they take King's story and stretch it out over multiple seasons? I can only see people being stuck in a dome being interesting for maybe 10-12 episodes.

Getting much better.

BTW, your badge brings back many memories ...

1375838885.jpg

What's that egg inside the mini-dome?

Neal Baer: That's too easy. We will answer that question, but it's not what you expect. It's all coming together. This is a crucial element to the rest of the season: What is this egg, what does this mean and what does it keep out of the dome?

More at the Source

I look forward to it!

Seems similar to The Simpsons Movie :laugh:

Except Stephen King came up with the idea in the 70s and tried to write it in the 80s.

then don't watch? :p

It's not a good show. If there is nothing else that I haven't seen... and i'm desperate to watch anything, i'll watch Under the dome.

It's not a good show. If there is nothing else that I haven't seen... and i'm desperate to watch anything, i'll watch Under the dome.

I'm it's biggest critic and IMO the last 3 shows have been quite good for network TV. And Angie's acting has been excellent the whole way. The last episode actually had a Stephen King feel. The diner scene was hardcore and well acted by everyone. Of course, Barbie showing up when needed to save the day is getting old, rapidly.