Can't Update to Windows 8.1 Preview (Windows Store update)

after using this fix I got the prompt but I also noticed something else

Same here.  :cry:

I  successfully installed the required patch, rebooted, a prompt to install windows 8.1 from the store appeared, clicked, and led to the usual Store interface, nothing indicating Windows 8.1 like the above screenshots, what is happening?

en-gb is not a supported localization in the Preview. You need to install en-us language pack and make a complete switch to it (probably even for the default non-logged-in pseudouser). Then it should install.

Trying. Let's see if this works.

i'm hearing you have to sign into metro first with your Microsoft account (hotmail address, etc) then the update should download and install fine from the store. i havent confirmed.

i'm hearing you have to sign into metro first with your Microsoft account (hotmail address, etc) then the update should download and install fine from the store. i havent confirmed.

I have already signed in but still nothing

Installed the update and rebooted.

Got asked if I wanted to install Win8.1 Preview

Now downloading, but I only have a 1Mb/s connection, it will take a while.

The people here saying they can't install it, did they get as far as I did? Or can I still expect all these issues later on?

Installed the update and rebooted.

Got asked if I wanted to install Win8.1 Preview

Now downloading, but I only have a 1Mb/s connection, it will take a while.

The people here saying they can't install it, did they get as far as I did? Or can I still expect all these issues later on?

As you can see from my screenshots, its not working and you might experience the same issues as me

As you can see from my screenshots, its not working and you might experience the same issues as me

I did everything you did, got the prompt and the not available message.

But now my Store has stopped working! Stuck on the splash screen for over 10 minutes now.

Did yours already start downloading from the store?

I did everything you did, got the prompt and the not available message.

But now my Store has stopped working! Stuck on the splash screen for over 10 minutes now.

Same here.

signed in with Live account now and still nothing :-<

Once I installed the update it gave me the prompt to download via the store and installed it. However, when it went to launching Windows I was greeted with a blue screen and it automatically rolled back to my previous install.

Did the 4 step fix, rebooted and...nothing. Check for updates : 1 optional update > Bing Desktop.  :(

Don't think it is suppose to be on windows update go to the store.

Don't think it is suppose to be on windows update go to the store.

You're supposed to get a prompt after you install the update / restart. I didn't get one. I checked Windows Update, I checked the Store, I checked my UAC settings, SmartScreen. Nothing.

Get an error stating that I can't install the update... Is there a workaround for it yet?  For me, I click download once I'm in the Windows Store and then after about 30 seconds it tells me that the download failed. 

Seems to be a widespread issue. I guess there's not a lot we can do to fix the situation until MS step in.

I had the issue of not being able to find the update via the Store, so I updated via the MSDN ISO instead.  Mount, enter product key, accept EULA, and I was done three reboots later (updated from US 8 Pro VL, kept everything).  Very first thing I did was to check my mail (via Outlook 2013) as I hadn't done that today.  One thing I do daily is enter the Publishers' Clearing House contest (I'm on their mailing list), and it also makes a great test of browser performance.  I don't know whether it's the updated code in the background, or tweaks/changes in Internet Explorer, but it scrolls a lot zippier through the pages on that site than it used to.  There seems to be a server-side issue about updating Windows 8 PCs with Microsoft accounts to Windows 8.1 Preview.  (Repeat - this is a server-side issue.)

Just a head up I can confirm this at least go to programs and features remove the update the store will return to normal but I was getting the messed up text thing too with no joy wouldn't even start downloading.

Just a head up I can confirm this at least go to programs and features remove the update the store will return to normal but I was getting the messed up text thing too with no joy wouldn't even start downloading.

I didn't find the update online (Store) either - I used MSDN and updated via the ISO.  Seems that the Store is getting hammered, as I couldn't verify my Microsoft account post-update.  (I also had issues with the Store before the update.)

Seems as though I cant get into Windows Store now, it just sits at the splash screen and does nothing

"If you're running Windows 8 Enterprise or the Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation on your PC, you'll need to download the Windows 8.1 Preview ISO files. " - Microsoft.