New real-money Xbox dash raises game prices

Hawkman's defense seemed to be: "there is a complicated, yet inexplicable, economic argument which makes this price hike reasonable".

I mean, come on, does anyone want to decipher this:

...anyone?

no need to carry on.  everyone was wrong who bashed or defended the new prices.  they were a mistake and will be fixed.  this thread is a perfect example "taking sides" and trying to either explain MS's actions (which we now know would have been impossible to do, even for Hawkman :blush: ) or bash them for being greedy (which we now know was a mistake and refunds will be given).

no need to carry on.  everyone was wrong who bashed or defended the new prices.  they were a mistake and will be fixed.  this thread is a perfect example "taking sides" and trying to either explain MS's actions (which we now know would have been impossible to do, even for Hawkman :blush: ) or bash them for being greedy (which we now know was a mistake and refunds will be given).

Exactly!

I think both sides need to back out gracefully here. Those that bashed and defended this story was silly. I said as much in this thread. This was a case of many people posting here jumping to conclusions based on whatever bias they have before we even knew the facts.

So yeah, I think it would a good idea for everyone to drop the bs.

I just love how some people will defend a company even when it is painfully obvious someone they are doing is wrong. How much trouble do you have to go to to invent a scenario where raising prices on consumers is an OK thing?

I've heard of brand loyalty, but this is ridiculous. :rolleyes:

In order to win people over Microsoft (and Sony) to an all digital ownership format, they have make prices more attractive if they want to sway people to an all digital system. Steam pulled this off, and look at their anniversary sales going on now. One of the big factor's in XboxOne having to reverse it's model is trust issue with EA/Activision, and pricing on console's with an all digital system holding consumer's back.

I just love how some people will defend a company even when it is painfully obvious someone they are doing is wrong. How much trouble do you have to go to to invent a scenario where raising prices on consumers is an OK thing?

I've heard of brand loyalty, but this is ridiculous. :rolleyes:

The same goes both ways,  how do some people hate on a company without having all the facts about something?   No surprise that most of those who called this some greedy bs move, now that the facts come out, have vanished.