• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#16 the better twin

the better twin

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:08

My reasoning is that as soon as they drop the price, they need to cut things out of the system to make up the difference.  That would fragment the market like the Core system did with the 360.

A fragmented market is ass.

But **** logic right, and immediately jump to me being a fanboy.  Real mature of you.  :crazy:

Or they could sell at more of a loss.... like they did with the 360. 

#17 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

I say things.

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:10

The fps rate is solely up to the game developer, both PS4 and Xbox One are going to have 30fps and 60fps games it just depends on developer preference.

Both the PS4 and Xbox One will run multiplayer games on dedicated servers. 

You are right there, FPS targets are determined by the developers, buts thats based on the current average framerate and the amount of optimisation they can do on the code. Every game which has been announced so far runs at 60fps on the X1. Even third party's like BF4.

No, only the X1 uses dedicated servers for matches across all games.

Don't need a price drop. But with the recent ratification of 802.11ac and the sudden appearance of micro-USB adapters/controllers, sure would be nice if they upgraded the wifi. Surely it's too late, but we can dream.

+1000

#18 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:11

With casual business and PC usage covered by the X1 it's a lot harder to sell at a loss.  You can't guarantee people will buy games for it to make up the loss anymore.

#19 OP GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:11

Who's hosting?  PCs?  The publisher?  Dedicated PS4s?

The Xbox 360 and PS3 both used client hosted servers for most games, so that might not be terribly accurate.

Servers hence the dedicated 'servers'...  :s

Yes both the PS3 and Xbox360 used client hosted or P2P servers, but PS3 was free and Xbox was paid.

Now the PS4 multiplayer is a paid service and is on dedicated servers.. key word 'servers'

#20 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

I say things.

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:13

Servers hence the dedicated 'servers'...  :s

Yes both the PS3 and Xbox360 used client hosted or P2P servers, but PS3 was free and Xbox was paid.

Now the PS4 multiplayer is a paid service and is on dedicated servers.. key word 'servers'

Seriously dude, its not. Its the same P2P method.

#21 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:13

You're talking about the ecosystem in general but not per-game servers at all.

#22 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:15

The fps rate is solely up to the game developer, both PS4 and Xbox One are going to have 30fps and 60fps games it just depends on developer preference.

Both the PS4 and Xbox One will run multiplayer games on dedicated servers. 

Actually the fact that sony only offers a low level language SDK for the PS4, so the devs need to do low level coding figure out how to optimize and do all the opimizing themselves(something that takes years of working with it and will only happen with firt party titles form studios in thei 3+ games at best, while the Xbox has the directX and Xbox SDK which is a dream to work with offer functions that are already optimized in a easy to use high level language. This has a far bigger impact on framerate performance. The PS4 devs simply aren't able to fully use the hardware yet, and that's why they're having a hard time even hittign stable 30fps right now. 

why all indications are they're sellign out anyway and even out selling the PS4. why on earth would they chose to sell at a loss....

#23 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:17

We still absolutely believe in Kinect. It's a core part of the architecture. Frankly, it's really critical that you build it as something that's always there, always part of the platform.

Ty Mark Whitten. This makes my decision between an XBox One and a PS4 easy. I don't care about Kinect. If it's critical to the console then you wont get any $ from me.

#24 OP GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:19

You are right there, FPS targets are determined by the developers, buts thats based on the current average framerate and the amount of optimisation they can do on the code. Every game which has been announced so far runs at 60fps on the X1. Even third party's like BF4.

http://gamingbolt.co...solution-60-fps

BF4 Confirmed at 1080p 60fps on PS4, 

"Rajat Taneja, EA CTO, seemed very enthusiastic about Battlefield 4 saying that it is indeed “stunning”; he then follows up with an implication that PS4;s power is aiding the creative development of the title. The title runs in 1080p and 60FPS. “The imagination of the developers along with that power”; Rajat Taneja also sees the next generation of gaming consoles being 8-10x more powerful than this one we’re currently in."

Statement from CTO of EA (Publisher of Battlefield 4)

#25 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:22

http://gamingbolt.co...solution-60-fps

BF4 Confirmed at 1080p 60fps on PS4, 

"Rajat Taneja, EA CTO, seemed very enthusiastic about Battlefield 4 saying that it is indeed “stunning”; he then follows up with an implication that PS4;s power is aiding the creative development of the title. The title runs in 1080p and 60FPS. “The imagination of the developers along with that power”; Rajat Taneja also sees the next generation of gaming consoles being 8-10x more powerful than this one we’re currently in."

Statement from CTO of EA (Publisher of Battlefield 4)

You managed to derail another thread that you started YET AGAIN.

What does that have to do with "no price drop"?

Why can you never stay on topic?

#26 Andre S.

Andre S.

Asik

• Tech Issues Solved: 14

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:26

You managed to derail another thread that you started YET AGAIN.

What does that have to do with "no price drop"?

Why can you never stay on topic?

It wasn't him who started the framerate discussion...

#27 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

I say things.

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:27

It wasn't him who started the framerate discussion...

I directed it at a person in context to price point. 

Also, Its good that BF4 runs 60fps. Shows frostbite can and will!

#28 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:29

Who's hosting?  PCs?  The publisher?  Dedicated PS4s?

The Xbox 360 and PS3 both used client hosted servers for most games, so that might not be terribly accurate.

Client hosted servers where someone is playing on the server is not a dedicated server. On a dedicated server nobody is playing on the server. It's dedicated to hosting games. It doesn't really matter if this dedicated server is a PS4 or PC.

The problem with XBox Live (and PS3) was not really the lag. Most of the time the lag was bearable. The problem was the host had an unfair and really really big advantage. When the host was bad or average it did not really matter. But when the host was a god player it made him like a god.

I know really quickly when i'm hosting the game on Halo. People can't kill me and all my head shots register like if i was playing an offline game. When i'm not hosting trying to headshot the host is like trying to win the Tour de france while not using any drug.

#29 OP GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:29

why all indications are they're sellign out anyway and even out selling the PS4. why on earth would they chose to sell at a loss....

PS4 is outselling the Xbox One in all pre-order markets by large percentages, 

PS4 even has 3 games in the top pre-order list for this week when the console isn't even out, while the Xbox One has zero.

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/

Also note that this is the US pre-orders which were predominately an Xbox base.

#30 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

I say things.

Posted 11 July 2013 - 14:31

PS4 is outselling the Xbox One in all pre-order markets by large percentages, 

PS4 even has 3 games in the top pre-order list for this week when the console isn't even out, while the Xbox One has zero.

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/

Also note that this is the US pre-orders which were predominately an Xbox base.

Sauuuceee

Also one small websites stats is far from a valid representation of anything.