8 posts in this topic

Posted

A New York state high school math teacher whose wedding was slated for Friday instead spent the day at a local courthouse for allegedly raping a 16-year-old student earlier this year.

John Azabache, 31, was scheduled to exchange,

Posted

The accussed's identity in these cases really needs to be protected. Regardless of the outcome his life is most likely ruined.

8 people like this

Posted

Absolutely. I actually know a teacher who was accused very similarly. After he lost his job, his wife and access to his child, the so called "victim" finally admitted to lying to punish him after he had rejected her advances.

Of course, the TRUTH is never taken into account in stuff like this. He'll never work in teaching again and his marriage is over because of it; but did the girl get into trouble for the life she destroyed? Not in the slightest.

Whilst I'm not saying this is the case here, the man's identity absolutely should be protected until AFTER convicted.

2 people like this

Posted

Absolutely. I actually know a teacher who was accused very similarly. After he lost his job, his wife and access to his child, the so called "victim" finally admitted to lying to punish him after he had rejected her advances.

Of course, the TRUTH is never taken into account in stuff like this. He'll never work in teaching again and his marriage is over because of it; but did the girl get into trouble for the life she destroyed? Not in the slighted.

Whilst I'm not saying this is the case here, the man's identity absolutely should be protected until AFTER convicted.

Reminds me the story of Joseph and Potiphar

1 person likes this

Posted

did the girl get into trouble for the life she destroyed? Not in the slightest.

It's damn annoying isn't it? I've always said that people who use an accusation of rape/abuse as a weapon should get the same punishment as if they had done the actual crime.

Of course, the downside to this is that it'll discourage people who've truly been abused from reporting it out of fear.

At the very least, we need to protect those accused as well as those doing the accusing. Even if a teacher is 100% innocent it's highly unlikely they'll work in the same school (or any school again) students can be a... nasty bunch and they'll forever get abuse over it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Maybe he couldn't wait for the honeymoon. :wacko:

post-37120-0-43349200-1373898706.jpg

Posted

hmmm, arrested on his wedding day. maybe the girl had a fling with him,and got jealous he was getting married.

Posted

we need face comparison:

the bride

the man

the teen