ps4 sony playstation memory

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
124 replies to this topic

#121 Yogurtmaster

Yogurtmaster

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 29 July 2013 - 22:24

At least we've finally established, from your own words, that the reason people believe the Xbox One isn't a gaming focused machine is because of what Microsoft chose to announce. Doesn't matter if they announced games later, first impressions are everything.

Sony didn't have to lift a finger for people to believe the Xbox One isn't about games.

That's all I'm saying here. Now, Sony did capitalize on the whole DRM bit, but that's a completely different story altogether. I'm just saying Sony's not responsible at all for people thinking the Xbox One isn't focused on gaming, as you claimed in your post originally.

They showed games in the May 21st event, they showed a lot more games at E3.
If they showed the non gaming features at E3, that would have been a lot worse.

What you said is very shallow minded and very misleading and in my mind doesn't make any sense.

#122 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

War. War never changes.

• Tech Issues Solved: 7

Posted 29 July 2013 - 22:29

The few games that were shown at the Feb 20th, PlayStation event were also shown at E3 and other than "The Order 1880" game there wasn't really anything there that was exclusive. All that other stuff like Warframe is free to play garbage already on Steam for any computer to play for free, so it's just fluff to fill space because Sony didn't have really all that many games.

Microsoft told everyone before the May 21st event that E3 was about the games and so they showed them. How hard is it to understand?

Here, I will make it even simpler for you.

Microsoft choose the launch event to show some of the basic TV features and entertainment features so it wouldn't be shown and polluted at E3.
It's not a big deal and most people lack the ability to grasp simple ideas and concepts. A launch 2 weeks from E3 isn't very hard to understand that the games are E3. This doesn't mean that the games are not the star, this means they show a little bit of what the Xbox has for entertainment features and show the big guns of gaming at E3. Wow! That was sooooooo, complicated and hard.

If WarFrame shows up on the XB1, great. If it doesn't not a big deal. I played it for 10 minutes on Steam, it's boring. I wouldn't pay for it anyway and I don't even play it because it is free. It looks cool, but when I played it I was bored to tears. It's nothing special. I am not trying to give out damage control here, WarFrame is the most boring game that I have played in all of 2013. I got past the tutorial and lost interest in it really quick. I had to force myself just to play it because I just couldn't really get excited over it. So, if games like this are coming the PS4 and Xbox One I am not interested. Let's just say the pictures make it look interesting, but the game play for me at least in the beginning levels is just really boring.

Lose the patronising attitude please. I'm fully aware what Microsoft said they would show and when. I said people are/did mock them because the number 1 bullet point on any game console's feature list should be games. Microsoft did it backwards and paid the price having to deal with unhappy viewers. Anyone who was actually serious about X1 having no games on that day is quite frankly an idiot, but that doesn't mean they can't be disappointed for the lack of them.

The rest of the backlash from Xbox Reveal was aimed at the US centric features and I completely agree with them. The same goes for Nintendo and Sony as far as I'm concerned so I'm not cherry picking my complaints. It's almost August and Nintendo still haven't released Wii U TVii outside of NA.

Microsoft had the Reveal planned earlier than May but all signs tell us it was delayed. At that stage they should have just scrapped the idea because Sony already had the jump that it wouldn't have made a difference. Microsoft should have just combined their announcements at E3. 2hrs is what Sony schedule, there's no reason Microsoft can't do the same, especially this year when Nintendo didn't have a typical press event. Did we really need to see EA/Ubisoft repeat everything we'd already seen from Microsoft/Sony's previous events? Not only would combining the announcements keep everyone happy who was only interested in seeing the games; they wouldn't have to deal with those 3 weeks of the worst PR in recent gaming history. Everything could have been explained in full in front of the world's media. But no, that's too straight forward and instead they confused everyone, back tracked, fired the man at the top and completely embarrassed themselves in the process. Yeah, you're right. Much better. :rolleyes:

Also, as for your comments on games, it doesn't really matter what you think as an individual. We all know taste is subjective, but your flippent attitude stinks quite frankly if you lump all F2P games in the "garage" pile based on 1 game, especially when you've admitted to only playing for 10 minutes (great reviewing skills there). Even if you dislike the games on offer at least Sony have put some decent cash behind them with titles like Planetside 2 compared to XBLA F2P titles like FHP WS.

#123 Yogurtmaster

Yogurtmaster

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 29 July 2013 - 22:48

Lose the patronising attitude please. I'm fully aware what Microsoft said they would show and when. I said people are/did mock them because the number 1 bullet point on any game console's feature list should be games. Microsoft did it backwards and paid the price having to deal with unhappy viewers. Anyone who was actually serious about X1 having no games on that day is quite frankly an idiot, but that doesn't mean they can't be disappointed for the lack of them.

Microsoft showed Quantum Break and Forza as exclusives and then went on to show EA Sports and COD. So, those aren't games now?
Remember, they said that they would focus on games 2 WEEKS LATER. This was fully announced. E3 IS A GAMES SHOW. YOU KNOW WHERE THEY SHOW THE GAMES? TWO WEEKS LATER. Come on, man. Get with it.

Unhappy viewers about games are dumb, they are. There are no way around that. I can understand people who are not patient but those that said that the Xbox One doesn't have games are idiotic.

The rest of the backlash from Xbox Reveal was aimed at the US centric features and I completely agree with them. The same goes for Nintendo and Sony as far as I'm concerned so I'm not cherry picking my complaints. It's almost August and Nintendo still haven't released Wii U TVii outside of NA.

The US centric stuff is true to a point. However, almost every video device in the world uses HDMI. So a satellite box has an HDMI device in the USA as it does in England. All Microsoft has to do is make a deal with your provider to get you the guide and frequencies for the IR Blast and you are good to go. Not real rocket science here.

Microsoft had the Reveal planned earlier than May but all signs tell us it was delayed. At that stage they should have just scrapped the idea because Sony already had the jump that it wouldn't have made a difference. Microsoft should have just combined their announcements at E3. 2hrs is what Sony schedule, there's no reason Microsoft can't do the same, especially this year when Nintendo didn't have a typical press event. Did we really need to see EA/Ubisoft repeat everything we'd already seen from Microsoft/Sony's previous events? Not only would combining the announcements keep everyone happy who were only interested in seeing the games; they wouldn't have to deal with those 3 weeks of the worst PR in recent gaming history. Everything could have been explained in full in front of the world's media. But no, that's too straight forward and instead they confused everyone, back tracked and fired the man at the top. Yeah, you're right. Much better.

Two hours is way too long for most people to sit though, that is stupid. Sony was stupid to do that on Feb 20th. No, you don't display non gaming stuff at a Gaming Show, that is stupid. What are you thinking dude? Seriously???????????

No, have a separate show for that stuff, nobody wants to watch it at E3. People want E3 for gaming and that is all. You don't have the correct venue, you don't have the correct audience that is your target there.

I am not trying to insult you here, but you might want to do some research on business and how it works.

Also, as for your comments on games, it doesn't really matter what you think as an individual. We all know taste is subjective, but your flippent attitude stinks quite frankly if you lump all F2P games in the "garage" pile based on 1 game, especially when you've admitted to only playing for 10 minutes (great reviewing skills there). Even if you dislike the games on offer at least Sony have put some decent cash behind them with titles like Planetside 2 compared to XBLA F2P titles like FHP WS.

I didn't say that all Free to play games are horrible. I said that one game I played was horrible. With about 90 percent of Sony's PS4 show at E3, I can already play on the LOWEST END PC FOR FREE RIGHT NOW, why do I need to buy a PS4 for that? Sony failed at E3. They only won because of the non-drm which is moot now anyway and price, that is all. They never won on gaming.

If you are at E3, you should win on gaming, everything else is just dumb. Because you buy a gaming console to play games on and E3 is a game show about games. Get it? It's really not that hard dude, it's not that hard at all.

I played Warframe on a low end PC that costs around $100 today for free. Why would I buy a PS4 or an Xbox One for those games? They shouldn't be some secret asset at E3 to show people they should just be available and you play them. Sony took half of the E3 show to put on stage games that anyone can get for free and play on any PC right now, that is just dumb and reeks of desperation. I am not sure how you can spin that?

#124 +dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy SII

Posted 29 July 2013 - 22:52

I think he just wants to argue. He doesn't even seem to remember the things he's literally just said.

Meanwhile, Microsoft has touted the Xbox One as being the ONE device you need for everything. It's in the damn name. It's what they announced to the world, and it's what I've continued to hear from them as a company, both from what they've said publicly and the Microsoft meetings I've attended. In fact, to quote one of the Microsoft reps I've talked to, "It does everything gaming and more!"

So for people to be under the impression that the Xbox One isn't a gaming focused machine, I ask: What did Sony have to do with that? Oh right... Nothing. Nothing at all. The misunderstandings people have about the Xbox One are because of Microsoft, and Microsoft alone. Now, Microsoft has accepted responsibility, and are actively working to ensure gamers are aware of all their great features, but again, that has nothing to do with anything with Sony at all.

There are plenty of reasons why someone may choose to dislike Sony; I just don't understand the part where people need to start making up reasons though. :huh:

#125 Marshall

Marshall

▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 29 July 2013 - 23:00

This thread has degenerated into nothing but petty arguments.

Thread Closed

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!