Photo

Something iOS can do that Android can't? (And visaversa)

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 neohelp

neohelp

Neowinian

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:57

Is there something that iOS can do that Android can't? Due to Android's vast open source base, if Android can do something that iOS does natively with a third party app, it counts :)

Also, visaversa, something Android can do that iOS cannot (ringtones cannot be done natively but can with iTunes and Jailbreaking)

Thank you

#2 Kriz

Kriz

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:59

Jailbreaking is not necessary to add ringtones to an iphone

#3 OP neohelp

neohelp

Neowinian

Posted 27 July 2013 - 14:56

Jailbreaking is not necessary to add ringtones to an iphone

See? Thats why I do not want to be misinformed :)

BTW, the only way I know how to do it, is using iTunes (or something similar) and you need Win/OSX/Lin for that. By itself, iOS cannot add custom free ringtones to itself so you can use it.

The reason I made this thread is not to be misinformed :)

#4 Packet1009

Packet1009

Neowinian

Posted 27 July 2013 - 14:58

just to qualify what you said:

from the apple site: You can use your iPhone to buy and download 256 kbps ringtones from the iTunes Store. An iTunes Store account and a 3G or Wi-Fi connection are required.

#5 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 27 July 2013 - 15:00

I'm pretty sure they both can or able to do the same thing, they just go about doing it in different ways, my wife has an iphone and most personalisation has to go through itunes, but not all, I wasn't interested, so wasn't really paying attention, android personalisation can be done on the device itself, which was a +1 for my as I have been called, (and rightly so) a symbian fanboy

#6 CPressland

CPressland

www.absolute.com

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 27 July 2013 - 15:08

Pretty much both platforms are more or less the same. MDM in iOS is far superior to Android; but thats not going to change anything in your decision as you're not an Enterprise.

I think it comes down to what you prefer rather than Feature Sets. iOS is easier to use and generally a cleaner experience, Android is generally a more technically involved and customisable experience. Both have Pros and Cons.

#7 Rippleman

Rippleman

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 July 2013 - 15:31

I have and use both. They are both equal in terms of ability. Andriod fanboys are delusional and want to believe their linux is better then windows because its harder to do things.

#8 vcfan

vcfan

Straight Ballin'

Posted 27 July 2013 - 15:33

ios can make ifans stand in line for months in -50 C weather. android cant do that.

#9 lmaobox

lmaobox

Neowinian

Posted 27 July 2013 - 15:34

ios can make ifans stand in line for months in -50 C weather. android cant do that.

Wrong.

samsung-gsii-sydney-cheeeeaap.jpg

#10 Rippleman

Rippleman

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 July 2013 - 15:35

but driod wishes they could... fact.

#11 vcfan

vcfan

Straight Ballin'

Posted 27 July 2013 - 15:38

Wrong.

samsung-gsii-sydney-cheeeeaap.jpg

those are just the homeless taking advantage of the warmth inside that mall

#12 Kondrath

Kondrath

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 July 2013 - 15:43

As far as I know, iOS does not support custom keyboards. I can't even type without using swype on android. 

#13 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 27 July 2013 - 16:20

Andriod fanboys are delusional and want to believe their linux is better then windows because its harder to do things.

Uh, please share the magic beans around.

One thing android can do that iPhone can't?  Get all fragmented ;)

#14 +Xinok

Xinok

Resident Reresident

• Phone: Galaxy S3

Posted 27 July 2013 - 16:39

iOS is only available on Apple devices. Android is available on a multitude of devices from a variety of manufacturers. I originally owned an LG Gx2 and now own a Galaxy S3; I chose both for the removable battery and MicroSD card slot. Of course, this means the capabilities of Android varies by device. I won't go into the capabilities that require rooting, but I'll note that Google condones rooting devices to the point that apps can now show a "Superuser" permission in the Play Store.

#15 Rippleman

Rippleman

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 July 2013 - 16:39

Uh, please share the magic beans around.

One thing android can do that iPhone can't?  Get all fragmented ;)

best analogy i can think of... andriod would be linux and IOS would be windows... everything is just easier on windows, but being easier doesn't always mean better... just different