and could not be arsed booting into windows for PS lol

attachicon.gifhome.png

awesome work :) 

#17 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 14

Posted 13 August 2013 - 14:12

This could be good fun. I'm still fighting to root my S4, but when I eventually get it done I would be interested in trying this out.

#18 Haggis

Haggis

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 10
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE (i9305)

Posted 13 August 2013 - 15:32

looks not too bad :)

Attached Images

• ssneodroid.resized.png

#19 Haggis

Haggis

Neowinian Senior

Posted 15 August 2013 - 13:49

Any Updated?

did u get it to boot?

#20 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 15 August 2013 - 13:52

Got bored tonight so had a wee try

excuse the shittiness i am still getting used to Gimp lol

and could not be arsed booting into windows for PS lol

attachicon.gifhome.png

Now, why would anyone, except perhaps the owners of this site, want that as their wallpaper?

#21 Haggis

Haggis

Neowinian Senior

Posted 15 August 2013 - 14:04

Now, why would anyone, except perhaps the owners of this site, want that as their wallpaper?

Did you read the first post at all?

He is making a Neowin themed ROM

Hence why i created a little wallpaper

If you dont like it then dont use it i wont be heartbroken honest!

#22 OP fusi0n

fusi0n

Don't call it a come back

• Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 15 August 2013 - 14:32

A Small update on how things are going..

We are building from the nightlies from jfltexx. This will flash on any i9505

It isn't much, but it is a start, I present you the Beta Boot Screen.. if you would like to change it, or make changes please do so and post it.. 

neodroid.jpg

Attached Files

#23 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 15 August 2013 - 14:36

You claim your goal is a Neowin themed ROM, and then you didn't even scale the logo correctly!?

#24 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 15 August 2013 - 14:40

I love you guys but I'd far sooner have my phone themed like my Mustang message board before I themed it like Neowin. :laugh:

Cool project though. Good luck. I'll see if there's anything I can help out with when you get a little more past the planning stage.

#25 OP fusi0n

fusi0n

Posted 15 August 2013 - 14:44

You claim your goal is a Neowin themed ROM, and then you didn't even scale the logo correctly!?

Nik, I used the same template as CM 10.2.  Instead of complaining about it, fix it.  This is suppose to be a group effort. 

You have done nothing but complain or talk down about this project. If you don't want to help, and talk down to others, please do so somewhere else. 

#26 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

Posted 15 August 2013 - 14:58

To those who are questioning the point of this, the OP just wanted a fun project and this gave them a theme to work towards rather than just making a generic ROM.

This.

If you have something negative to say about this.. please just refrain and move on. Not everything has to have some lofty, revolutionary outcome. Perhaps he just wants to learn more about creating and compiling ROMs and the general process, and the Neowin theme gives some direction for it. Personally I think it's cool. Projects are more fun ways to learn than just studying.

Neowin is, among other things, about encouraging other 'geeks' and facilitating things like this through collaboration and helpful input. Constructive criticism is fine and in fact encouraged, but please don't be negative just for the sake of it. Thanks!

(fusi0n, Haggis, others.. rock on, looks neat so far. :) )

#27 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

Posted 15 August 2013 - 15:00

I would gladly make up a wallpaper if you gave me the dimensions needed.  What I'm saying is, if you want to make something good, don't squeeze a logo beyond it's aspect ratio - be it a wallpaper, poster, powerpoint slide, etc...

If you take that as a "talking down" rather than any criticism, that's kinda more your issue than mine, surely - seeing as this is an open forum?

#28 +djdanster

djdanster

Neowin elite

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 White Frost

Posted 15 August 2013 - 15:06

I would gladly make up a wallpaper if you gave me the dimensions needed.  What I'm saying is, if you want to make something good, don't squeeze a logo beyond it's aspect ratio - be it a wallpaper, poster, powerpoint slide, etc...

If you take that as a "talking down" rather than any criticism, that's kinda more your issue than mine, surely - seeing as this is an open forum?

I see what your saying, however you said in an inflammatory way. Could have worded it better ;) :).

Now let's move on! I believe the dimensions would be 1080x1920 as that's the screen resolution of the s4. If I have any spare time, I'll give the default wallpaper a go tomorrow :). Does anybody have the Neowin logo PSD at hand?

Also, this is being built off of the stock rom, yes? Why not a CM 10.2 nightly or the Google Play 4.3 ROM (Still has sCover support [which I use!], IR blaster support etc)? That would be much better :)

As for everyone else/others that are likely to moan, this is a community project which is a fantastic learning tool for the OP and us all to learn with! :D

#29 OP fusi0n

fusi0n

Posted 15 August 2013 - 15:06

The PSD is attached to the post of the bootanimation. If you can correct it, please do so. If you want to add to it, please do so. 

#30 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

Posted 15 August 2013 - 15:09

I'll take a look when home.  Is the resolution the same for wallpapers?

Note: You've also stretched it in your sig.  Are you not getting what I'm saying?  Do you follow what I mean about aspect ratios?