Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Broughton

Planetside 2 Poor FPS Fullscreen

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

Hope I created this thread in the right forum. I'm having this weird problem with Planetside 2, in Windowed mode I average around 80-90fps with all settings maxed out, then when I go into fullscreen it's around 15-25 fps. I'm running @ 2560x1440 with an AMD FX 8350 @ 4.5ghz, 2x 7970 CF and 32GB 1600Mhz RAM on Windows 8 x64, so it's definitely not a hardware/performance issue as I can even run Metro maxed out around 40-50fps. The official PS2 forums have been pretty useless as has SOE support, I'm getting the usual common sense 'update your drivers' and 'reinstall the game'. I've tried all this to no avail. So I thought I'd ask the real pros and see if anyone here can shed some light on the issue?

Thanks.

That's very strange. Does disabling Vsync change anything?

Agreed - strange with a capital S.  I have a single NVidia GTX 550 Ti, and PS2 is *flawless* - and that's dialed-up to the ceiling.  Why would two (admittedly stronger) AMD GPUs in CrossFireX (backed by a stranger CPU besides), be losing frame-rate wise to a three-years-dead single nV GPU of much wimpier vintage?  I sense screwball settings or bad settings somewhere.