MS @ Gamescom 2013

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:44

I thought I would start a thread to discuss the MS news coming out of Gamescom this week. 

Like Sony, MS will have an event before Gamescom starts.  I don't think their event will be live streamed anywhere.  It was mentioned that this event will include a lot of hands on time for the press with developers for many games being on hand to answer questions.  It will have a shortened conference format that is followed by the hands on press event.  I haven't seen any mention of the length of the event, so we will see.

MS will also be delivering the keynote address for Gamescom itself.  Phil Spencer is suppose to talk about the X1 among other things.  There is a rumor that MS will announce a new exclusive title and the possibility of a bundled game with the console.  MS has also mentioned that they will be laying out their self publishing and indie developer programs, so there should be a lot of new info.  Maybe that will also include info on how their app store will work. 

Major Nelson's blog is a good source for the latest info if your wanting to get the announcements as they come.  If either of the MS events are live streamed, I'll add links to them. 

#2 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:58

The event should have started now, no vid or live blog or anything????

#3 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:03

Major Nelson is tweeting a few photo's... looks like people are still arriving

WP_20130820_02_00_24_Pro.jpg?psid=1

#4 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:11

I'm surprised there's no live blog going on at least.

#5 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:16

They're going to talk about the new self publishing program today.

#6 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:19

Xbox Independent Games will have access Xbox One - Kinect, SmartGlass, Xbox Live, rich analytics, cloud.

Xbox Independent Games program will have no Fees: no certification, no activation!

Chris Charla @iocat is the new head of Xbox Independent Games program

#7 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:24

New Fable Game, Fable Legends is coming to XB1.

The next @MojangTeam title ‘Cobalt’ is coming to Xbox 360 and #XboxOne

#8 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:32

Xbox have officially announced a new Ubisoft Kinect fighting game.

"Fighter Within from Ubisoft coming exclusively to Xbox One, Kinect fighting game."

New Fable also announced.

#9 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:34

Fable is made by developer Lionhead, and incorporates SmartGlass to allow you to play on your tablet in realtime.  Well that just made SmartGlass even better.

#10 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:42

IGN Preview of Fable Legends...

Albion - Lionhead's fantastical, idealised, over-saturated version of England's green and pleasant land - looks more beautiful than ever. Dense woodland and verdant meadows stretch off into the distance, where a tumbledown city is just visible. A hero fights some goblin-like redcaps on a clifftop, giving himself a running commentary as he does so: "our hero enters the scene: brave, charming, capable of self-narration." It's a good-humoured fairytale, just like Fable has always been.

But there is a difference. The hero on-screen, a Prince Charming type who flourishes a rapier and wise-cracks in classic Fable style - is just one of four working together. The other three - a fabulously-attired magician, a female warrior with a shield that looks like it weighs as much as she does, a crossbow-wielding archer - are controlled by other players. And the enemies are controlled by another, fifth player: the villain. From a top-down perspective, the villain controls the heroes' quest, placing enemies, traps, ambushes and more in their path as they play. He's the classic dungeon master.

http://uk.ign.com/ar...ut-with-friends

#11 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:49

In Europe this Holiday: All pre-orders of #XboxOne will include a copy of FIFA 14 (while stock lasts),  that's huge IMO.

#12 the better twin

the better twin

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia Lumia

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:54

I can see why they didnt live stream it. What a waste of time. 

#13 the better twin

the better twin

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia Lumia

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:56

In Europe this Holiday: All pre-orders of #XboxOne will include a copy of FIFA 14 (while stock lasts),  that's huge IMO.

Their pre order numbers in the region must be horrific. Also, wont help much if the PS4 releases earlier (which it is in many regions thanks to Xbone delays) and you can still get it with Fifa for cheaper.

#14 georgevella

georgevella

Software Developer

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:08

Their pre order numbers in the region must be horrific. Also, wont help much if the PS4 releases earlier (which it is in many regions thanks to Xbone delays) and you can still get it with Fifa for cheaper.

Well some good news might come out of this event so it really should have been live blogged at least.  

Isn't the xbox release delayed in a couple of EU countries - UK should be getting it in time, so are the other EU countries - italy, spain, etc.. Lastly, A game bundled with the whole package would hurt no one.

#15 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:12

I'm not a massive Fifa fan, I certainly wouldn't be buying it because I can't afford all the games I do want however this is still pretty good.