Posted

ZURICH

Posted

Getting my ticket now dangit!!!

Posted

My wife said I couldn't go. :(

3 people like this

Posted

So now the Swiss govt. is in the no-tell hotel business?

Dumb.

Posted

Sexbox 360?

2 people like this

Posted

Dumb.

Why dumb?  They're providing a safe environment for sex workers.  That's not even remotely dumb.

1 person likes this

Posted

Dumb.

Prude.

At least the girls are being looked after here..

1 person likes this

Posted

Zurich, you say? Excuse me, just nipping to the station...

Posted

drive-in 'sex boxes' ?  Well that's a new name for hookers. :laugh:

3 people like this

Posted

I wonder if the Zurich Government actually provide a similar amount of funding,facilities and one to one support for new company start ups, as it seems to me a wasteful funding regime given the present financial burdens.

Posted

Selling their body for cash...not worth protecting. Let them rot

1 person likes this

Posted

I wonder if the Zurich Government actually provide a similar amount of funding,facilities and one to one support for new company start ups, as it seems to me a wasteful funding regime given the present financial burdens.

Most likely to provide a safe , out of camera range place for politicians & appointees to have their flings. /s

Look, I don't give a rip about what they're doing, so "prude" doesn't apply, but I do object to a govt. spending taxpayer monies on projects like this.

Protection for sex workers can be provided in other ways, example being requiring hotels & motels that service hookers to have security personnel. Then the John's pay for it. Social workers could be provided at health care institutions, as they should already be. If there's a serious incident it's likely the sex worker will be transported there anyhow.

Posted

Neat idea to help protect the women..

Not that I agree with abortion, because I don't, but I feel as if it is legal, so should prostitution. 

Posted

Most likely to provide a safe , out of camera range place for politicians & appointees to have their flings. /s

Look, I don't give a rip about what they're doing, so "prude" doesn't apply, but I do object to a govt. spending taxpayer monies on projects like this.

Protection for sex workers can be provided in other ways, example being requiring hotels & motels that service hookers to have security personnel. Then the John's pay for it. Social workers could be provided at health care institutions, as they should already be. If there's a serious incident it's likely the sex worker will be transported there anyhow.

But they are paying for it, in the article it states that they are subjected to income tax like any other business.

I think it's a good idea, people are not going to stop doing it/using it, so why not legalise it in a safe environment. They should do the same in the UK, it would stop money being wasted on the police and would also provide additional revenue through taxation. 

Posted

Thats a long slippery slope of an argument there, making something legal because the law against it is so abused. :alien:

Posted

Selling their body for cash...not worth protecting. Let them rot

Such a backwards statement......considering you need to learn any job you do, and things you have learned are stored in the brain, you could argue that everyone who has a job is selling their body (or at least a part of it) for cash.

That being said, why are they not worth protecting? Just because their sell their body for cash? What makes that wrong and not worth protecting? They are doing a job and providing a service to any person who needs such service, no reason to not protect them.

Posted

BRB going to Switzerland

1 person likes this

Posted

BRB going to Switzerland

Need any company? :P

Posted

It's understandable that people feel weird at these kind of things and some eve find it outrageous, but you have to understand these type of things will ALWAYS exist, and you can either ignore it or work with it to make it better, it's the only choice, it won't stop just cause some people would love for woman to stop prostituting themselves, some are even enslaved for sex.

Posted

Need any company? :p

Nope, more for myself

Posted

...  and it offers health checks and requires that sex workers be at least 18 years old ...

In Switzerland, anyone who works in the sex trade must be at least 16, the legal age of sexual maturity....

Contradiction or typo?

Posted

Sexbox 360?

and her name is Sony!

there are drive-in motels in Colombia that are similar. you park your car in the garage, which has access to the hotel room and pay by the hour. no one has to know its you!

Posted

Nope, more for myself

Darn. Just my luck. 

Posted

better than letting the Girls lingering out in the streets without protection/care whatsoever. harsh weather conditions included.

Posted

Nope they choose to sell their bodies on the game rather than get what I would class as a normal job, so I have no empathy for their situation