4 posts in this topic

Posted

PASO ROBLES, Calif.

Posted

I've read that many cities in the American West are struggling with water problems, with growing demand.

Posted

I don't know much about CA but I was in phoenix, az earlier in the summer and I seen obscene amount of water and energy waste. I was staying in a slightly upper class neighborhood and most of the houses has sprinkler running to water the trees that don't belong there.. The sprinklers water every hour so that the ground don't dry up. AC running 24/7 because its almost 110 degrees outside. Meanwhile water level on lake mead was dropping.

I believe local govt. should look into these neighborhoods and put a cap on how much monthly water and energy they can spend and fine people who plants non native trees. If that means making the life inhospitable then so be it. Most of these places were never meant for human settlement. /end rant

Posted

AC running 24/7 because its almost 110 degrees outside. Meanwhile water level on lake mead was dropping.

I believe the demand for power is going to be the gotcha for them. You've got to have AC at those temps.