Study concludes Facebook users are less satisfied with life

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 arachnoid

arachnoid

A day without sunshine is like night.

• 4,477 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 16:53

Those who have resisted the urge to join Facebook will surely feel vindicated when they read the latest research. A study just published by the Public Library of Science, conducted by Ethan Kross of the University of Michigan and Philippe Verduyn of Leuven University in Belgium, has shown that the more someone uses Facebook, the less satisfied he is with life.

Past investigations have found that using Facebook is associated with jealousy, social tension, isolation and depression. But these studies have all been “cross-sectional”—in other words, snapshots in time. As such, they risk confusing correlation with causation: perhaps those who spend more time on social media are more prone to negative emotions in the first place. The study conducted by Dr Kross and Dr Verduyn is the first to follow Facebook users for an extended period, to track how their emotions change............more

#2 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,291 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 16:54

Those who have resisted the urge to join Facebook will surely feel vindicated when they read the latest research. A study just published by the Public Library of Science, conducted by Ethan Kross of the University of Michigan and Philippe Verduyn of Leuven University in Belgium, has shown that the more someone uses Facebook, the less satisfied he is with life.

Past investigations have found that using Facebook is associated with jealousy, social tension, isolation and depression. But these studies have all been “cross-sectional”—in other words, snapshots in time. As such, they risk confusing correlation with causation: perhaps those who spend more time on social media are more prone to negative emotions in the first place. The study conducted by Dr Kross and Dr Verduyn is the first to follow Facebook users for an extended period, to track how their emotions change............more

That must be half the western world then lol.

#3 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 11,901 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 16:55

Actually I have a very full life, a loving wife, 3 loving kids 2 of whom are mine

A good job, house, and car, paid for....

What is this Facebook you speak of?

#4 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 6,181 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 16:55

:rofl:

Most ridiculous thing i've read in a while.

#5 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:00

So leaving Facebook will make me feel better about life?