• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#16 thomastmc

thomastmc

Unofficial Attorney of Neowin

• 1,329 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 928

Posted 09 September 2013 - 20:30

Speeding is a common law broken by a very large amount of people.

Domestic disputes are common as well.

I am not sure where this fairy tale world of where everyone follows the laws and people are always on their best behavior exists, but it certainly isn't the US.

I've been jailed in the past for breaking the law.

I've been ticketed speeding.

I killed someone else with my car in a car accident.

Ya, I can tell you that killing someone with your car, and being placed in police custody for a domestic altercation with your wife are not all that common.

You should keep that under your hat as well. It doesn't make you terribly credible on this topic... I certainly hope you've never gotten a speeding ticket since killing someone behind the wheel.

#17 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,969 posts
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack/Core i7 4790K/16GB DDR3 1600/Samsung 840 Pro 128GB x 2 - Raid 0/Transcend M.2 256GB/ASRock Z97E-ITXac/GTX 760
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 09 September 2013 - 20:30

Speeding is a common law broken by a very large amount of people.

Domestic disputes are common as well.

I am not sure where this fairy tale world of where everyone follows the laws and people are always on their best behavior exists, but it certainly isn't the US.

I've been jailed in the past for breaking the law.

I've been ticketed speeding.

I killed someone else with my car in a car accident.

Guess which one made the news?  And it was there for one day.  Why?  Because the media didn't make money off of it to keep it there any longer.

If Zimmerman hadn't been in the public spotlight, we would have never heard about these things.

You're probably right. But being in the news might be the only thing that gets him the help he needs before you crashes and burns, though he has already caused (this is JMO) one death.

You are right, most domestic abuse doesn't make the news until the abuser finally kills or seriously mames their spouse or other target of the abuse.

#18 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Neowinian Senior

• 2,928 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 20:37

Ya, I can tell you that killing someone with your car, and being placed in police custody for a domestic altercation with your wife are not all that common.

You should keep that under your hat as well. It doesn't make you terribly credible on this topic... I certainly hope you've never gotten a speeding ticket since killing someone behind the wheel.

Nice assumption.

It is true that my car killed someone.  It is also true that they caused the car accident and it couldn't be avoided.  Oh should I mention that the other driver had alcohol in their system?

My credibility isn't in question here.  Common sense is.  People in the public spotlight attract news media.

BTW, car accidents involving death are VERY COMMON.

#19 Houtei

Houtei

Neowinian

• 623 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 20:41

Please its a domestic violence case happens all the time.  She left him right after the trial and then he shows up at her house today and the dad got aggressive about him leaving and they fought a little.  

This would not be on national news if it was not zimmerman or someone famous.   Just like Miley Cyrus or or whoever Zimmerman is forever going to be watched for every screw up he does. And yeah he killed Trayvon but he did not murder him and thats teh end of that.  He didnt get away with jack.

#20 thomastmc

thomastmc

• 1,329 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 20:42

Nice assumption.

It is true that my car killed someone.  It is also true that they caused the car accident and it couldn't be avoided.

My credibility isn't in question here.  Common sense is.  People in the public spotlight attract news media.

Ah... Common sense then says that someone died in a car accident you were involved in, and not that you killed someone as you said.

Yes, media does let us know what is happening with certain people and not others... Good common sense sir. 

#21 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Neowinian Senior

• 2,928 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 20:42

Please its a domestic violence case happens all the time.  She left him right after the trial and then he shows up at her house today and the dad got aggressive about him leaving and they fought a little.  

This would not be on national news if it was not zimmerman or someone famous.   Just like Miley Cyrus or or whoever Zimmerman is forever going to be watched for every screw up he does. And yeah he killed Trayvon but he did not murder him and thats teh end of that.  He didnt get away with jack.

Finally, a voice of reason.

I salute you, sir.

#22 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Neowinian Senior

• 2,928 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 20:43

Ah... Common sense then says that someone died in a car accident you were involved in, and not that you killed someone as you said.

You are arguing semantics.

I said killed.  Not murdered, heh.

#23 thomastmc

thomastmc

• 1,329 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 20:44

You are arguing semantics.

I said killed.  Not murdered, heh.

Now who's arguing semantics  :p heh

#24 rr_dRock

rr_dRock

Resident Magical Lion v1.2

• 893 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy SIV (CM11), iPhone 4S

Posted 09 September 2013 - 20:48

I'm wondering if people have forgotten the stress that this man lives with every day.

His family receives MULTIPLE death threats EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. On top of that, his wife is now leaving him.

Has no one else every gotten stressed to the point they lash out?  Chances are he was heated, and got taken in to cool down. Not because he put a beating in on his wife, or killed someone.

How about you let your fake society-induced-hate for this guy stop clouding your thoughts and take **** as it is.  Dude is more stressed than you will EVER be. Don't be so quick to judge those that you can't relate to.

#25 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Neowinian Senior

• 2,928 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 20:49

Now who's arguing semantics  :p heh

Touche.

#26 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 15,303 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 20:55

He probably concluded that he can do whatever he wants now that he's gotten away with murder.  Yup, he's bully and a thug.

#27 COKid

COKid

Neowinian Senior

• 3,110 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 20:58

If Zimmerman will go to these lengths in an altercation with his wife, I wonder how far he'd take it with a 17 year old kid he chased in the dark and the rain?

But the fact remains the state of Florida had their chance and didn't make their case "beyond a reasonable doubt". The system worked, even if you don't agree with the verdict. Thankfully, for those who think he got away with murder, myself included, Georgy Porgy seems to be following the same path as OJ.

#28 Raze

Raze

Mentally Compromised

• 4,729 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 20:59

No charges to be filed according to this -

http://www.chicagotr...0,3625334.story

#29 thomastmc

thomastmc

• 1,329 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 21:04

I'm wondering if people have forgotten the stress that this man lives with every day.

His family receives MULTIPLE death threats EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. On top of that, his wife is now leaving him.

Has no one else every gotten stressed to the point they lash out?  Chances are he was heated, and got taken in to cool down. Not because he put a beating in on his wife, or killed someone.

How about you let your fake society-induced-hate for this guy stop clouding your thoughts and take **** as it is.  Dude is more stressed than you will EVER be. Don't be so quick to judge those that you can't relate to.

I bet that is stressful...

Believing that your son was murdered and that the murderer walked free is probably even more stressful. So, why aren't the Martins "lashing out" and getting detained by the police over domestic altercations?

#30 rr_dRock

rr_dRock

Resident Magical Lion v1.2

• 893 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy SIV (CM11), iPhone 4S

Posted 09 September 2013 - 21:04

No charges to be filed according to this -

http://www.chicagotr...0,3625334.story

Wait, in the last article it was said that the gun wasn't part of the incident, but in this one it's saying he threatened them with a gun?

I think the liberal media needs some better fact checkers.