• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 +LimeMaster

LimeMaster

LippyZillaD Council ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• 8,363 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 26 September 2013 - 20:29

Oh noooo!  LimeMaster has altered his limes ... I ate his lime and my mind is screwed up!  

I think he inserted the drugs in his limes... 

That ******!

Anyone here with me to get a lawyer...

Joking, LimeMaster!   :p

Seriously I'm glad I've never had to take them. :s

Also I would never drug my limes as I mentioned in the random text thread. :laugh:

#17 briangw

briangw

The best damn band in the land!!!

• 3,432 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 26 September 2013 - 20:35

I'm on Trazodone and I don't have any violent urges.

So the medication is the same but what about health, history with relatives, environmental stressors? Given this is just a minority of people that take the medication, people shouldn't rush to bad mouth this drug.

#18 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:41

I'm on Trazodone and I don't have any violent urges.

So the medication is the same but what about health, history with relatives, environmental stressors? Given this is just a minority of people that take the medication, people shouldn't rush to bad mouth this drug.

All that is true. And the same drug affects people very differently. One uncle has to take one kind of blood pressure pill but his brother has to take another kind because he can't tolerate the first.

#19 vetsanctified

sanctified

Your order is meaningless. My chaos is significant.

• 20,874 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5 (very cheap second hand)

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:47

Most of these "antidepressants" do more bad than good. Doctors write them all day long, not even know how they work.. 

That's unfair. Brain chemistry is very volatile, most of the times there is no way to know how one patient would react. I took several kinds of ADs until my doctor discovered the one that actually helps me.

#20 +fusi0n

fusi0n

The Crazy One

• 3,536 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:55

That's unfair. Brain chemistry is very volatile, most of the times there is no way to know how one patient would react. I took several kinds of ADs until my doctor discovered the one that actually helps me.

I had this discussion in later post in this thread about this. Maybe that generalization was a bit unfair.. Doctors in my state must just be a lot different than others.. They don't care about their patients and will just write anything without thinking twice. 

A good doctor will monitor you and do weekly follow-ups for the first 3 months, helping you through getting adjusted..  I understand that some people can not help to be depressed due to brain chemistry (their brain not mixing the right chemicals together) and have to have medication. I understand this, but at the same time, they should be closly monitored until a good solution is found. 

I guess I have just had horrible experiences with them, see how bad they have changed my brother, so therefore I'm really cautious about them 

#21 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• 7,561 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 14:58

I had this discussion in later post in this thread about this. Maybe that generalization was a bit unfair.. Doctors in my state must just be a lot different than others.. They don't care about their patients and will just write anything without thinking twice. 

A good doctor will monitor you and do weekly follow-ups for the first 3 months, helping you through getting adjusted..  I understand that some people can not help to be depressed due to brain chemistry (their brain not mixing the right chemicals together) and have to have medication. I understand this, but at the same time, they should be closly monitored until a good solution is found. 

I guess I have just had horrible experiences with them, see how bad they have changed my brother, so therefore I'm really cautious about them 

That's right. There are good and bad doctors everywhere. Even the bad doctors who do not have license or fake license..

All you do is research about the doctors and see if they are good.. if so, call him/her up and be your doctor. Otherwise if they are not good, avoid them.

#22 cropcircles

cropcircles

Neowinian

• 1,455 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 15:08

Trazodone is used most often to help a person sleep. More then likely these people from these articles were on a list of various medications that need to be taken at specific times throughout the day. If there is an abrupt change in in the schedule of these medications I could see this happening with severe psychiatric patients. Unless you heard from the psychiatrists that were under their care that were prescribing the medications these articles are just speculation. 

#23 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 16:47

There are good and bad doctors everywhere.

Yep, just like everything else. Sometimes it's hard to tell who is what.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!