Do you have Windows Longhorn?

Do you have Windows Longhorn  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have Windows Longhorn

• Yes (MSDN)
    • Yes (Leak)
    • No
    • Dont Know (LOL)

I got a leaked version of LH PDC Build 4051, but I haven't used it in a while. I only installed it so I could experiment with it on my 500 MHz P3 (yeah I know) and write a review on it. Now that I've finished it a long time ago, I have no more need to use it. So I guess I can put Slackware back on again. :)

Haven't tried Longhorn since Build 4008.

It wasn't exactly a great performer...and it gave me problems with Netscape Composer; whenever I opened it, Windows popped up with a "Server is busy" message. Everytime I hit Switch To or Cancel, the Start Menu opened, then the dialog popped open again. Same thing in Battlefield 1942 and Medal of Honor Allied Assault.

So I guess I'm sayin'...I'll wait for Beta 1 before I try Longhorn out again.

I got longhorn 4015 and 4051.

I tested 4015, and I will test 4051 later because I have to much work right now.

But I will wait until Beta 1 to download a new version.

I've got it and tested it at work... Even after disabling alot of the new WinFS stuff that really can't be used yet it's still pretty alpha... Can't detect much... I would at least expect it to detect most of the stuff XP did... O well who knows.. heheh

i just tryed it my self, the installation takes for ever, like a day on a 800MhZ computer, :x . So, i guess it's because of all the memory leaks i have heard of.

When do you think the beta version will come out???

any one know? :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

i've had all the leaks so far. it just keeps getting better. i am bored with xp, i need something that crashes more often and has major memory leaks..ahh the good old days of whistler. lol. i will keep installing and dual-booting with every new leak. 4051 is stable enough to be my main os after you fix the memory leak, the slow start up is my only complaint.

ive got the 1051 pcd version....

installed in 15 minutes... deteced everything, had to disable a few services nothing major and works great

tho i prefer my xp install cos sometimes its is prone to freezing in ie

Sound like fun, leaks and see if it crashes, but i think that longhor is smarted, i HOPE. I THINK. I don't even know y i'm writing this again, WHEN IS IT COMING OUT??!?!??!?!

:pinch:

Sound like fun, leaks and see if it crashes, but i think that longhor is smarted, i HOPE. I THINK. I don't even know y i'm writing this again, WHEN IS IT COMING OUT??!?!??!?!

:pinch: