As a long time reader of Neowin, I've decided to ask the community for assistance. I have spent days trying to solve these issues and my lack of knowledge has led to lots of trial and error with no success.
I setup a website for my wife using WordPress using hostable.com: http://www.budgetbunny.ca, and everything was working fine until about 6 months ago. Now we seem to have several issues:
1) Images on the site tend to not load. This is sporadic and usually requires a few refreshes to get things right. Everytime that it has happened to me, I notice that the social media buttons in the top right widget will not load (or load half of them) and then further down on the page the images stop loading altogether. The first attached image shows what the widget area looks like when this happens.
2) Just as sporadically as the first issue, when making or editing a post in WordPress, the GUI doesn't seem to fully load, leaving lots of blank buttons and then leaving blank images in the post editing area. When this happens, it also causes some or all images in the gallery (when you click the button to add media to the post) to show as errors.
3) Sometimes when you click publish for changes you've made or for a brand new post, it takes you back to the full list of posts instead of actually publishing it, causing you to need to redo the entire post. This also happens on some of the settings pages, sending you back to the main settings page sometimes without saving the changes.
Here are some of the things I have tried to fix the issues:
- Set file permissions to recommended settings and have tried several other combos including all files and folders set at 755 (the way it is right now).
- Modified the contents of .htaccess to several suggestions. I have one of these files in the root of my site, another inside public_html, and yet another inside the budgetbunny.ca folder... is this correct?
- Ran the site through a test at http://validator.w3.org/ and fixed all errors.
- Went back to default theme and still have issues within the WordPress GUI.
- Tried cache plugins, deleting the cache, etc.
- Tried different browsers and different computers.
- Disabled all plugins completely.
If there is anything I can post to help try to solve the issue please let me know. I am open to literally any ideas at this point.
Thank you for reading and thanks in advance for any assistance.
Edit: The 2nd and 3rd attached images show what I get sometimes in problem 2. In the post editor it looks like this but the image loads on the actual site.
Edited by duncanc, 30 September 2013 - 21:19.