• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 03 October 2013 - 18:36

Hey BioShock 2 fans!

In August, the Games For Windows LIVE service marketplace closed and some of you wondered what would happen to BioShock 2 on PC. We remain committed to supporting BioShock 2 on PC and are excited to announce that starting today the game is available via Steam. Not only that, but the Steam version of BioShock 2 includes all available multiplayer downloadable content, as well as the single player “Protector Trials” DLC, for $19.99!

With the help of our friends at Digital Extremes, BioShock 2 on Steam fully supports popular features of the platform, including controller compatibility, Steam achievements, and Big Picture mode. Matchmaking is easier than ever now, allowing you to search for “any game,” as opposed to having to select your game mode. Leveling up is also quicker and easier, as we’ve fine-tuned the multiplayer experience to be better than ever.

If you have already purchased BioShock 2 through a different digital partner, we’ve got you covered. Simply take the same game activation key you already own and “activate” it within Steam. Doing this will grant you access to BioShock 2, all of its multiplayer and Protector Trials DLC, as well as Minerva’s Den – the single player story-driven add-on that includes new weapons, enemies, and plasmids!

For more information on BioShock 2 on Steam, you can visit: http://2kgam.es/bioshock2steam

-- 2K Games

#2 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 03 October 2013 - 18:38

Now that is just freaking awesome.

#3 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

Posted 03 October 2013 - 18:39

Kudos to 2k Games.

#4 OP Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

Posted 03 October 2013 - 18:40

I haven't had the chance to play Minerva's Den yet (I was reluctant to get it from GFWL as I heard lots of reports of problems). I'm really pleased to be getting the chance to play it (and at no cost which is always great :D )

#5 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Android (4.1.2)

Posted 03 October 2013 - 18:47

I bought Bioshock, Bioshock 2, and Bioshock infinite on Amazon last week for 20$  all of them activated 100% on steam.

#6 Athernar

Athernar

?

Posted 03 October 2013 - 18:53

I haven't had the chance to play Minerva's Den yet (I was reluctant to get it from GFWL as I heard lots of reports of problems). I'm really pleased to be getting the chance to play it (and at no cost which is always great :D )

You know what's hilarious? Anyone using Windows 8/8.1 is completely unable to play Batman Arkham series because GfwL is completely broken on those OSes.

Good to see GfwL being cut out like the cancer it is.

#7 protocol7

protocol7

It's Fumbles. It was always Fumbles.

Posted 03 October 2013 - 18:57

Your move, Rockstar.

#8 James123

James123

Neowinian

Posted 03 October 2013 - 19:02

You know what's hilarious? Anyone using Windows 8/8.1 is completely unable to play Batman Arkham series because GfwL is completely broken on those OSes.

I'm playing Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City on Windows 8/8.1 just fine. All you need to do is uninstall the version of GFWL included with the game and install the latest version from the Microsoft site (same with Dark Souls).

#9 Max Norris

Max Norris

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 10

Posted 03 October 2013 - 19:03

Don't have it installed anymore, but reasonably sure I had GFWL going on Windows 8 for a while for a game or two (local profile only), if I recall I had to set it to Win 7 compatibility mode before installing it, also required admin privieges. Take that with a grain of salt.. it's been a while, not installed anymore.

#10 Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 03 October 2013 - 19:08

I don't have those Batman games but I run various other games on GFWL just fine on Win8.  One gave me a problem and I had to uninstall and reinstall GFWL and from there it worked fine.  That being said, I do prefer Steam.

So will the existing Bioshock 2 I have installed on Steam be upgraded to support this?

#11 francescob

francescob

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 October 2013 - 19:12

I'm playing Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City on Windows 8/8.1 just fine. All you need to do is uninstall the version of GFWL included with the game and install the latest version from the Microsoft site (same with Dark Souls).

That didn't work for me. I had to install flight simulator that had included the latest GFWL version to get arkham city to work properly (with the dashboard).

#12 francescob

francescob

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 October 2013 - 19:24

What about the original Bioshock?

#13 +NeoTrunks

NeoTrunks

King-ding-A-Ling

Posted 03 October 2013 - 19:26

I also had these games working on Windows 8. Forgot what I did, but it was a quick web search. I'm pretty sure I did the same thing though.

#14 Athernar

Athernar

?

Posted 03 October 2013 - 19:27

Doesn't work on 8.1, I've tried - multiple times.

#15 +fusi0n

fusi0n

The Crazy One

• Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 03 October 2013 - 19:28

awesome!

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!