usa postal service just move president’s council

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,887 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 23:21

Run! Jump! Leap! It all seems pretty innocent, but the U.S. Postal Service is faced with a decision to destroy its series of "Just Move" stamps because of safety concerns, according to Linns Stamp News, and we're not talking about a paper cut on your tongue.

The colorful cartoon stamps, based on Michelle Obama's Let's Move initiative, were intended to encourage an active lifestyle and raise awareness about physical activity. But the images on some of the stamps are not kosher with the President's Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition, according to the stamps designer, Eli Noyes, who told Linns, "Apparently the President’s Council [on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition] and the Let’s Move people saw them and had issues with them."

The stamps in question: a skateboarder sans kneepads, a swimmer doing a cannonball, and a kid doing a headstand without a helmet, and because of these issues, it's likely you won't ever get to send your mail with these particular adhesives.

A spokesman at the USPS told Yahoo the stamps are sitting at a printer in upstate New York, awaiting a decision on their fate.

source

Attached Images

• justmove.png

#2 Tech Star

Tech Star

Neowinian Senior

• 10,550 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 23:24

Stop everything. This is the biggest issue in the whole world. :laugh: I can't believe that they are serious. 

#3 Buttus

Buttus

Neowinian Senior

• 3,323 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 23:28

i don't know, i think the kid has knee pads on but they're the same color as his pants.  (maybe he could be wearing elbow pads)

and doing a canonball into a pool isn't good?   or a hand stand without a helmet?!?!?    LOL

#4 xendrome

xendrome

In God We Trust; All Others We Monitor

• 7,328 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 23:30

This is so stupid, because it'st he message that the stamps are meant to send, not that actual identical act.

1: It's a stamp

2: It's a cartoon

The modification for the stamp will just have giant lettering covering the picture that says "DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME, PROFESSIONAL CARTOONS IN A PROFESSIONAL SETTING"

#5 FlintyV

FlintyV

Neowinian Senior

• 2,377 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 23:35

The kids don't have faces either. 

It's typical health & safety gone crazy. 

#6 Raze

Raze

Mentally Compromised

• 4,380 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 23:37

What about juggling without safety glasses?  So many dangerous activities, they must be banned!

#7 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,887 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 23:48

How many kids even look at stamps ... ?  They are too busy with their cell phones ...

#8 Raze

Raze

Mentally Compromised

• 4,380 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 23:50

How many kids even look at stamps ... ?  They are too busy with their cell phones ...

Ban cell phones!!!!

#9 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 10 October 2013 - 23:51

How do we drink without wearing water wings??!!

#10 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 4,255 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 23:53

the politically correct campaign... hard at work

#11 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 18:18

The stamps in question: a skateboarder sans kneepads, a swimmer doing a cannonball, and a kid doing a headstand without a helmet, and because of these issues, it's likely you won't ever get to send your mail with these particular adhesives.

Just when you think people can't get any dumber......

#12 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• 5,512 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 11 October 2013 - 18:42

I don't think I can stand another story like this. What the ###### is wrong with our country now days? We're wasting time and money banning balls from schools and throwing away stamps because the cartoons on the stamps aren't wearing pads. Meanwhile we're hell bent on sending our poor to die in the streets because DADGUMIT THAT'S MY MONEY YOU DON'T GET ANY! God forbid we look after our fellow citizens who aren't as well off as the rest of us, but whatever they do, make sure they wear helmets so they don't get a boo-boo before they starve on the side of the street.

I need to move, I can't deal with this idiocy anymore.

#13 TYT

TYT

Repressed Expression

• 385 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 19:28

Me never wored helmet and me turned out just okeydokey! Nite nite now.. adskjl...

#14 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 18,553 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 19:33

Sadly, this is what the world has come to.  They release these stamps, a kid hurts himself badly skateboarding, USPS gets sued because the kid saw the stamp and decided from that he/she didnt need knee pads.

This is a selfish idiot/moronic world we live in where people think they are entitled for doing jack, or out to get something for nothing.

#15 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 16,862 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 19:35

wait, destroy all them because no one in any of those pictures are encased in 10 inches of bubble wrap either!

and wear a helmet for a head stand? seriously?! I don't think I have EVER seen someone do that