Router advice

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 +bridges

bridges

Neowinian

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 22 October 2013 - 20:43

Sorry if this has been discussed 1,000 times.

My current router is starting to act up or should I say not work now and then. Right now it's working.

I'm looking at amped(thanks to you all) but not sure what to get. I plan on ordering in the next three hours so I will have it tomorrow. The rta15 is the top of the line but do I need that. Will I ever see the speeds it has potential to provided? Then there is the 10000g or 20000g.

This is my speed right. Cox sent me a email saying they increased speeds and i need to upgrade my modem to 3.0 so my speed should be more.

http://www.speedtest...sult/3032743626

We have like 3 cell phones, 3 computers, directv is also hooked up to the net for downloading shows to the receiver. 

Thanks

#2 Roger H.

Roger H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 20
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 22 October 2013 - 20:49

Well you also need clients to be able to take advantage of that speed.

Do you not have a D3 modem as that's as much as you'll get out of a D2 modem (25Mbps).

In order to get the faster speeds you need a few things:

- Modem
- Router
- Clients (devices)

So your router is acting "right" when you are getting 25Mbps? How much when it's acting "wrong"?

Also what are you hoping to gain? :ermm:

#3 OP +bridges

bridges

Neowinian

Posted 22 October 2013 - 21:14

I don't have the 3.0 modem yet, I should order it tonight with the router, again not sure what to get there either,

My current router(belkin) can't connect to the modem, I have to reset it for it to work again. This morning resetting it didn't make a difference. I tested the modem with out the router and that works fine.

I'm hoping to gain the most I can out of my router to suite my actually internet speeds I guess. I don't know how speed I will gain after upgrading my modem. 

#4 OP +bridges

bridges

Neowinian

Posted 23 October 2013 - 00:37

I ordered the 20000g router.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!