Call of Duty: Ghosts And Titanfall To Run At 720p On Xbox One?

I bet you that sitting at the recommended viewing distance you wouldn't be able to notice crap difference between 1080p and 720p on next gen games "done right".. as i said, there will be developers who just have no clue and guess what, those developers could make a 1080p game look like garbage too - which is sort of the point that the pixel density isn't the objective here, but rather how one uses those pixels.

I have people all the time admiring my projector setup and saying it looks better than their 1080p tv by my projector runs at a native resolution of 1366x760 and you know what, not a single person ever has come over and said "you need 1080p, i can tell the difference"

with all this bickering, i don't buy the rumor but at the same time, if the games aren't 1080p/60 at launch, it won't ruin my purchase decision either.. There are lots of other reasons to go next gen besides a graphics spec.

I do not want to keep going back and forth because there seems to be no convincing you, so I will say this and try to possibly  why I say I can indeed tell the difference...

Before I moved to a management position and stopped designing and development, my career, for over 10 years, was multimedia design. I designed for Websites. CD-Roms. Monitors of all shapes and sizes for anything from a display when you walked into an office to projectors on the side of an office building to trade show booths with panels wrapped around the entire booth. Basically my entire design career has revolved around designs that we always designed at the native resolution of the displays or monitors or whatever it may have been that the design was ultimately going to be displayed on so it looked as good as it possibly could. Just websites alone, I started in the days that 640 x 480 was your target browser size. As such, yes, I can tell one resolution from another, even higher ones being upscaled. 

You know something that people dont seem to take into account is the fact we are talking about TVs and being in a living room or bedroom sitting away from the screen.  For example if you have a 50"+ TV and were closer than like 8' then yeah you would notice the difference from 720 to 1080 at least if you view a lot of 1080p content.   Smaller tvs would require you be even closer. Which right now the average in america i think was barely 40".  Being a home builder I can tell you the average person sits 10-14' From there TVs in the living room.  In the bedroom would be close but the average TV size for a bedroom is less than 30" which is only like 5' Away to tell the difference and that is in the minimum range of kinect as well.

Having said all that I sit like 4 foot away when im playing games lol  accept for kinect since that requires to be further back to work good.   Its easy to be spoiled for PC gamers who sit 1-2' from the screen and can see the difference in every resolution easy and assume they need that for a tv.

Well I definitely do not fall into the category of average when it comes to your normal TV owner. I have spent a decent amount of money to make the TV room in my home as on point as it can be within my means. Many of the cable channels come in at native 720p through Verizon. Believe me when I tell you if I am watching a movie on one of them, and I can then watch the same movie on a BluRay, I can tell the difference. I think most people would be able to as well. I have a 55" TV. Although I have varying viewing distances, the main seats are 11.5 feet away. So fairly far back. Is it a huge difference? Absolutely not. Does 720p still look good? It absolutely does. Still, neither of this facts negate the fact there is a difference.

Perhaps I need to clarify this, but I am not talking about the good of the average consumer here. I am talking what is good for me. I have no doubts at all the average person could not tell the difference between 720p and 1080p. None at all. I absolutely believe that is true. I am talking about what I prefer and what is best for me. 

Forza 5 :1080P/60FPS

NBA 2K14: 1080P/60FPS

UFC: 1080P/30FPS for both consoles

The xbox one is more than capable to run native 1080P you have two multiplatform games that can run it, and they have graphics MUCH better than COD seriously, I dont see why Infinity Ward cant get 1080P when 3 games so far on xbox one can run it, and COD is still running on a weak engine so yea.

Well there are reasons why those games are running 1080p and others may not. They have less going on overall than a game like Ryse for example, which has in fact been confirmed to be running at 900p. So sure it is more than capable when the games are not that complex in overall environment. I think a few of us are saying it would be great if it was always capable no matter how complex the games are.

FTR I feel the SAME exact way about the PS4 as well. It is going to be very disappointing if it starts missing 1080p as well, which it very well could.

Um, the article is not from June, its from a couple days ago. The developer states that the build is STILL running at 1080p/60, just like it was back in June. I was not trying to claim that we should trust info from June or that things could not change between then and now.

I'm, not sure why you want to jump all over me and assume its some crazy point.

Now if it turns out that the article is incorrect or misleading, then we should know soon enough. I just thought it was a meaningful piece of evidence that it might not be running at 720p.

This has nothing to do with defending anything.

It was my understanding that although they ran that article recently, it was actually all from June. If I am wrong in that understanding, apologies.

Perhaps I am expecting to much out of both consoles. I admit that. But hell, we have cellphones and tablets with 1080p displays. And the mere introduction of 4k TV's, etc. means over the next couple of years native HD content is going to become more and more prevalent. So it would just be ideal if we could expect the next gen consoles to keep up with everything else. This is why I have already decided that next year I am building a new Gaming PC, making it as small in size that I possibly can, and plan on finally hooking it up permanently in my TV room.

I am someone who has been gaming since the Atari, and as such I will ALWAYS say and believe that it is Gameplay > Graphics always and forever, but with that said if I can have it look great as well, I am going to choose to do so since I have the components capable of it as well.

I think what bothers me the most TBH is that this could even be a rumor at all. I absolutely would prefer if MS & Sony could both just say all 1080p, all the time. No exceptions. Alas, this does not appear to be the case, and that is what sucks the most to me.

Someone who works at forbes is a good enough source for me to at least post. The MS Neowin GH members really need to learn the meaning of the word troll.

You fit the definition just perfect. I feel sorry for you.

• Like 1

I am not meaning to bash any game consoles but  it is a enormous fail if any game is not running at 1080P resolution on a next gen late 2013 game console. For instance Gran Turismo 5 currently runs at 60FPS at 1080P on the PS3 thats a 7 year old piece of hardware. There shouldn't be any reason for both the PS4 and the Xbox One not to have games that run native in 1080P, its not acceptable especially with the amount of powerful hardware both consoles have. 

I am not meaning to bash any game consoles but  it is a enormous fail if any game is not running at 1080P resolution on a next gen late 2013 game console. For instance Gran Turismo 5 currently runs at 60FPS at 1080P on the PS3 thats a 7 year old piece of hardware. There shouldn't be any reason for both the PS4 and the Xbox One not to have games that run native in 1080P, its not acceptable especially with the amount of powerful hardware both consoles have.

Actually no it doesn't, it render at 1280x1080

Jeremy Conrad is a former editor at IGN.com and has worked on the other side of the gaming industry for companies such as Blizzard Entertainment and Sony Online Entertainment.

DxWwSmW.png

Taken from here

• Like 1

Jeremy Conrad is a former editor at IGN.com and has worked on the other side of the gaming industry for companies such as Blizzard Entertainment and Sony Online Entertainment.

Taken from here

as if the forbes guy geting bitchslapped by real industry folk wasn't enough, you're now posting comments from some ING reject whose source is neogaf(from his site).

DICE doesn't do things halfassed.  If there was no benefit, they wouldn't be bothering.

There's most likely something MS has fallen behind on (my suspicion is it's WDDM 2.0 related, but I'd still have to do some reading to confirm that.)

Bad company was sooooo good and complete, LOL!

DxWwSmW.png

Taken from here

When the same person makes a comment like this, He kinda looses credibility. Just Sayin

Where did this rumor come from anyway? I suppose it's NeoGaf but who on that site? Was it someone from Activision? Microsoft? EA? I would have thought that the only people who definitively knew about both Ghosts and Titanfall would be at Microsoft, and I doubt any MS people would be on NeoGaf spreading rumors that can only hurt their product. 

No idea who he is :D

Doesn't really matter where the rumor first came from I guess. But reading through that tweet it seems the person who first "revealed" that XB1 is 720p is going to be 1080p even if post-release. So meh if true.  

Not that I care about COD console resolutions... BF + PC master race lol :)

No idea who he is :D

Doesn't really matter where the rumor first came from I guess. But reading through that tweet it seems the person who first "revealed" that XB1 is 720p is going to be 1080p even if post-release. So meh if true.  

Not that I care about COD console resolutions... BF + PC master race lol :)

it came from a person who works at a hospital or some retirement home, who heard it from someone else, and doesn't know if its a guess or what. he has no history as an insider. he is attributed with revealing the driveclub delay, but it was actually revealed from a different website way before. he claimed that a previous sony exclusive developer was making a game for xbox one, when in reality, it wasn't insider info. the dev claimed they were making a next gen game,and sony revealed somewhere that that dev didn't have devkits, in essence, putting 2 and 2 together. then lastly, he claimed to have revealed some games at the Microsoft reveal or e3, when a lot of this stuff was easily guessable.

and now, the tweeter nerds are out in full force trying to recruit followers.

yawn

Is this the level some people are at? I can understand posting good news and stuff about the console you might prefer to share with other fans, but to actively slander the other system? Its not like they're your rival, the companies are rivals, and even then only those divisions. Sony happily continues to run Microsoft Windows on their Vaios etc. 

it came from a person who works at a hospital or some retirement home, who heard it from someone else, and doesn't know if its a guess or what. he has no history as an insider. he is attributed with revealing the driveclub delay, but it was actually revealed from a different website way before. he claimed that a previous sony exclusive developer was making a game for xbox one, when in reality, it wasn't insider info. the dev claimed they were making a next gen game,and sony revealed somewhere that that dev didn't have devkits, in essence, putting 2 and 2 together. then lastly, he claimed to have revealed some games at the Microsoft reveal or e3, when a lot of this stuff was easily guessable.

:omg:

So back to square one then. Nobody knows...

It really is best to wait and see then isn't it  :rofl:

Let's put it this way, IF CoD is 720 on the Xbox, then it's not the console or MS' fault. it's the developer. The console is more than capable of 1080p, performance wise, it turns out that the difference between the consoles are at worst miniscule, even high profile former Sony exclusive developers are saying the performance difference is practically non existent.

So it's highly unlikely that CoD would be 720, isn't not that graphic, and if they did step down from 1080, they would stop at another level like 900 before they go all the way to 720, that's just ridiculous, if they do go down to 720, then it's purely bad development, or some cash has exchanged hands behind the scenes, but Im not a fan of ridiculous conspiracies so I don't buy that. 

I find it bizarre you guys will argue about this sort of thing every single day until the consoles release.

I find it bizarre people are moaning at this!

I wont be buying an XB1, but I barely see how 1080p vs 720p really matters?

I find it bizarre people are moaning at this!

I wont be buying an XB1, but I barely see how 1080p vs 720p really matters?

It does, but both consoles are fairly weak in the graphical department.  Amount of detail they'll both be great at, but at the end of the day they'll both be outdated in two years and all this arguing will be for nothing.

Typically you buy consoles for the exclusives, not the multiplat stuff.