Photo

Which Launch Game - PS4

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Am_I_Evil

Am_I_Evil

Neowinian

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:56

The only PS4 launch game i had pre-ordered was Watch Dogs....now that that's been delayed i'm looking to order another...any recommendations? I'm down for almost anything just looking to see a general consensus on which available game might be the best....

#2 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 25 October 2013 - 14:18

Killzone: Shadows Fall, no questions at all, especially since all the previews hit yesterday.

Revision 3 Video Preview

IGN Video Preview

image_killzone_shadow_fall-23537-2660_00

image_killzone_shadow_fall-23537-2660_00

It is looking pretty damn amazing for a launch title, and both the preview videos above go into how they are taking a more open approach to the level design, so you have to get from point A to B, but now there will be several options for doing so, along the lines of Crysis 1 is the comparison that is made in one of those video previews above.

So yeah, I do not even think it is a question, this is the launch game you want to pick up for the PS4.

I also say Resogun for a downloadable title.

#3 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 8
  • Phone: Android (4.4.2)

Posted 25 October 2013 - 14:21

I'm torn between Killzone and Asassins Creed.  I will own both eventually, though I am leaning more towards Killzone.  I plan on picking it up launch day (my ps4 ships launch day, will get it no later than the 28th [estimated is the 22nd]).

#4 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 25 October 2013 - 15:40

As much as like Assassin's Creed, I think I would lean towards Killzone first if your into the fps genre. Its a truly next gen title, so it will show off some of what the PS4 is capable of, becoming a nice next gen demo.

If you aren't a big fps fan, I could see why one would go for AC. Launch lineups are never awesome and this gen is certainly anything but awesome. Still, there are a couple interesting picks.

#5 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

Posted 25 October 2013 - 16:06

Not getting a PS4 at launch, but Killzone would be the first game I'd pick up, especially with inFamous:SS and Watch_Dogs not coming until next year.

#6 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia 113

Posted 25 October 2013 - 23:52

I'm torn between Killzone and Asassins Creed.  I will own both eventually, though I am leaning more towards Killzone.  I plan on picking it up launch day (my ps4 ships launch day, will get it no later than the 28th [estimated is the 22nd]).

Always go for a platform exclusive. KZ is a pretty much #1 choice. inFamous: SS would be my pick if it was available at launch.

#7 Earthworm Jim

Earthworm Jim

Whoa, Nelly !

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 26 October 2013 - 00:03

nothing

due to the delay, i see nothing i must have at launch, so i am waiting it out

(and... OHH my god... considering a xbox one.... lol.   i did not enjoy xbox, or xbox 360, but... KILLER INSTINCT!!!)

#8 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 26 October 2013 - 00:07

Too bad Polyphony digital isn't releasing a Gran Turismo at launch with PS4, because that is it what I would get if I was getting a PS4

#9 Lezard

Lezard

Some Call It God, I Call It Foolish.

Posted 26 October 2013 - 00:16

Really wished the mods would ban this guy for adding spam to the links he posts.

#10 firey

firey

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:50

Always go for a platform exclusive. KZ is a pretty much #1 choice. inFamous: SS would be my pick if it was available at launch.

Yea, I pre-ordered destiny because I think it looks sick.  KZ is definitely a buy I am probably going to go with it.  I mean.. there are a handfull of games I want to get.  Infamous, The Crew, Drive Club, Destiny, Watch Dogs, The Order, The Division... any many more haha.

#11 peacemf

peacemf

T Fizz - now with more bubbles!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:04

its less than a month, and there isn't much out in terms of reviews or adverts for any of the games or consoles :s

#12 firey

firey

Posted 30 October 2013 - 14:50

its less than a month, and there isn't much out in terms of reviews or adverts for any of the games or consoles :s

As far as I know.. reviewers were not allowed to show anything.  Until november 4th or something like that.