10 posts in this topic

Posted

So, iPhone touchscreens are fast in terms of responsiveness but are they accurate? They are not, says test automation firm OptoFidelity. Using a couple of home-brewed machines the company found that the new iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c are quick to react to user input but can

Posted

Hmm, well I never would have guessed that.  I just typed a few test notes on my 5S and the accuracy seemed fine to me.  I could drift my finger over towards the bezel and it would still pickup the Qs and Ps just fine every time.

I'm not doubting their results, but personally I would think a laggy response time is much more severe than a tiny inaccuracy.

Posted

Quick...pull up every Jony Ive video, ever, where he talks about "build quality"

Posted

Obviously the testing machine was touching it wrong . . . :rofl:

2 people like this

Posted

after jobs died the quest for perfection was put aside....the accelerometers on the new devices are much less accurate and apparently so do the touch panels.

why change parts from the 5 if they are working well??

Posted

after jobs died the quest for perfection was put aside....the accelerometers on the new devices are much less accurate and apparently so do the touch panels.

1. Switch to inferior parts

2. Save on production costs

3. Sell phone for same price

4. More profit for Apple

1 person likes this

Posted

I've had tremendous problems texting on my wife's iPhone, and now I know why.

Posted

after jobs died the quest for perfection was put aside....the accelerometers on the new devices are much less accurate 

The accelerometer thing was a software bug which was repaired in the update that was released this week.  It was a calibration issue, but it works fine now.

Posted

The accelerometer thing was a software bug which was repaired in the update that was released this week.  It was a calibration issue, but it works fine now.

it was calibrated wrong because the older parts had a different bias. the new chips have a much larger bias and the software now needs to reflect this. 

Posted

it was calibrated wrong because the older parts had a different bias. the new chips have a much larger bias and the software now needs to reflect this. 

Yeah it something to do with the new chips per se and that they had to be calibrated  ( or needed bigger calibration bias, don't recall, but it is supposedly a hardware issue, that was fixed the accelerometer, but reduce the sensitivity by 0.001 or something like that... )