Nexus 5 Order live !

Agreed, already have the AirPort Extreme AC wireless up and running waiting for my Nexus :D  (Disclaimer, thats the ONLY piece of Mac hardware in my house lol)

I saw earlier that 16GB Black was sold out, refreshed a few minutes ago, and showed in stock. Ordered 16 GB Black

Bought one.  Won't get it until the 15th though  :/

I suppose that's better than the Nexus 4 did though.  Hopefully their estimates are good and they didn't oversell it where there's at least a month wait.

So I ordered the 32 Gb black version in the first minute and the order is still pending today, but they charged me already ...

In my invoice, it said that I won't be charged until the device has been shipped.

Anyone got the same thing ?

You mean they put a hold on the funds on your account or they charged you (Where it would say "cleared").

IT's normal for them to AUTH the complete bill amount before reserving one for you. AUTH just check if the funds can be withdrawn which then shows up as not available on your bank/credit card account. Once they've shipped it they'll "complete" the Authorization and that's when you'll be charged. If they don't complete the auth in a few days (usually 2-3) the funds will revert back to being available.

I am amazed that Verizon, The Largest Wireless Carrier in the US* are unable to get this phone. Ignoring the technical aspect. It just amazes me that they get the good phones, but only after they have been on other carriers for 6 months already.

*according to their commercials

I would have jumped on this in a heart beat... Oh well

You mean they put a hold on the funds on your account or they charged you (Where it would say "cleared").

IT's normal for them to AUTH the complete bill amount before reserving one for you. AUTH just check if the funds can be withdrawn which then shows up as not available on your bank/credit card account. Once they've shipped it they'll "complete" the Authorization and that's when you'll be charged. If they don't complete the auth in a few days (usually 2-3) the funds will revert back to being available.

Yeah that's what it is, but what confused me is usually, when it's not cleared, it shouldn't appear on my main page. It should still say 0.00$

Anyway no big deal.

So I ordered the 32 Gb black version in the first minute and the order is still pending today, but they charged me already ...

In my invoice, it said that I won't be charged until the device has been shipped.

Yep, and got shipping info last night. Did you not? I think they only charged the people they are shipping immediately. They aren't charging people that are past the stock they have.

I am amazed that Verizon, The Largest Wireless Carrier in the US* are unable to get this phone. Ignoring the technical aspect. It just amazes me that they get the good phones, but only after they have been on other carriers for 6 months already.

*according to their commercials

I would have jumped on this in a heart beat... Oh well

I see a lot of you commenting on Verizon, and while I'm not the biggest Verizon fan, this isn't really their fault. Most Nexus phones like this have always been GSM only, at least to start. Then sometimes Verizon or Sprint picks up a CDMA version, but it's up to Google to build a CDMA version. They build GSM first and foremost because most of the world is on GSM, plus GSM has less hassle when buying a phone, all you have to do is drop in a SIM. Makes it easy for them to sell on their website. They don't even need to know your carrier when you can just drop in your SIM. Verizon would have to have enough interest to convince Google to spend the money to build a CDMA version before they got the phone. As of the N4 and N5, it doesn't look like Sprint or Verizon have had the interest, and I don't particularly blame them. The Nexus isn't a big popular phone that everyone will want (though they seem to be becoming more common), so they'd rather stick to other big phones or exclusives. Verizon seems to like it's DROID line exclusives like a bunch of Moto phones rather than picking up what everyone else is selling. I guess they think that exclusivity on some of the phones is more worth the cost than phones being sold on all carriers.

You have the Verizon stuff backwards in that Sprint is getting a Nexus 5 this time as well. The problem with Verizon is that they have to control the phone in TOTAL or they don't approve it for their network. Google also has issues with CDMA tech simply because it's licensed to carriers by Qualcomm and not to Google. So when they make a CDMA phone, they send it to Verizon and they integrate the CDMA modules needed then tested then released which is where the slowdown came with the Galaxy Nexus.

With GSM, google request binaries and such from OEM part makers in the phone (CPU, Baseband, etc) and then integrate it themselves then test then release.

Dunno how they got it going for Sprint this time but looks like some deal has been worked out with Qualcomm but seems Verizon still wont give up control.

I had a timer that rang when the Play page changed (  :laugh: ) so I got one before the announcement just before 6pm GMT. Arriving tomorrow. Can't wait.

You have the Verizon stuff backwards in that Sprint is getting a Nexus 5 this time as well. The problem with Verizon is that they have to control the phone in TOTAL or they don't approve it for their network. Google also has issues with CDMA tech simply because it's licensed to carriers by Qualcomm and not to Google. So when they make a CDMA phone, they send it to Verizon and they integrate the CDMA modules needed then tested then released which is where the slowdown came with the Galaxy Nexus.

With GSM, google request binaries and such from OEM part makers in the phone (CPU, Baseband, etc) and then integrate it themselves then test then release.

Dunno how they got it going for Sprint this time but looks like some deal has been worked out with Qualcomm but seems Verizon still wont give up control.

Ahh, didn't hear that Sprint was getting the N5. I thought it was going to be like the N4 and not built for CDMA at all. That's why Verizon likes their DROID line though. They are built to be Verizon exclusives in the US. I was just saying that I don't think Google goes trying to sell these phones to CDMA carriers. I'm sure Google has no issue in not making a CDMA version until either Sprint or Verizon comes showing the money.

Soon enough though... CDMA will finally be gone!

Yep, that's happened to me too. I was a bit late in and got my order in at 7pm GMT last night (32GB black), so it said mine would be leaving the warehouse by the 8th, but yeah, the ?339 has already been taken out of my account; shows up in my account as an online transaction.

Shame Carphone Warehouse isn't selling the 32GB version; I spent nearly an hour on the phone to them last night (after placing my order through Google Play) finding that out. They're selling the 16GB version for ?13.99 less than Google (?4 off the phone plus free shipping, whereas Google charge ?9.99 for shipping), and they would have had it to me by Monday, so it would have been worth it otherwise. But oh well, them's the breaks. My fault for having a big music collection. :P At least I'm still getting one; the wait is almost over! :woot:

Nope, it seems that in Canada, it will ship by November 5th using UPS

c02wNWKJ-5vweaYn8OzwDowTaGzaB5FrySXlp9Ny Nexus 5 (32GB, Black)

CA$399.00
October 31, 2013
Leaves warehouse by November 5, 2013.

Hmm... Canada might make a difference, also it seemed like the 16GB versions shipped before the 32s, but I know 32s have shipped as well because my team lead got one as well. They all (unless you didn't get into the first batch) say leaves by Nov 5th, mine did too. My tracking finally came online and is scheduled for delivery MONDAY! :D

Sold the One X at lunch for $150, now if I can sell this One for $300 I'll end up making $100 on the upgrade.

Hmm... Canada might make a difference, also it seemed like the 16GB versions shipped before the 32s, but I know 32s have shipped as well because my team lead got one as well. They all (unless you didn't get into the first batch) say leaves by Nov 5th, mine did too. My tracking finally came online and is scheduled for delivery MONDAY! :D

Sold the One X at lunch for $150, now if I can sell this One for $300 I'll end up making $100 on the upgrade.

My device just shipped ... but from Louisville, KY ??

Louisville, KY, United States 11/01/2013 17:33

Origin Scan United States 11/01/2013 11:17 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

:Facepalm:

I ordered the 16GB Black late Thursday and it said delivery after 8th November but got an email Friday to say it shipped. Looking on the carriers site it is in a warehouse 5 miles from my house so should get it Monday :)