shooting new jersey mall

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#16 OP Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,582 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:35

But wouldn't you see more robberies then in stead of these mindless shootings with no real aim other then hurting people?

According to a couple different sites I've read, it appears he was just shooting out cameras.  One woman interviewed said he looked right at her and kept walking.

#17 OP Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,582 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:39

Also appears shops were actually in the process of closing when he came in.  If his goal was to kill people, he picked the wrong time of day to do it.  Seems like some turd who just wanted to cause a scene by shooting out the security cameras.

#18 OP Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,582 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:46

It is possible for President Obama to execute these shootings to push for an anti-gun agenda. It is a fantasy though, totally fiction and a whacky conspiracy probably started by some redneck in the boondocks!

Nothin' wrong with being a redneck in the boondocks.  A lot of us are more educated and traveled than you would think.  As far as the conspiracy theories, meh, I've learned that if you trust your government, you aren't paying enough attention to what they're actually doing.  With all this noise about Obamacare, the House of Representatives just repealed a law that was passed in 2010 in response to the economic collapse of 2008 that banned government bailouts for banks that lose their ass on certain kinds of derivatives, and hardly anybody noticed.

#19 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,307 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:51

Does this conflict with your pro gun agenda? Every one has an agenda, every single person. It's only when you point it out that it seem malicious. There is no 'convenience', it's a news-worthy event. Are you truly this paranoid?

What do you mean paranoid its a known fact that the media does have a bias towards certain subjects.

#20 Stoffel

Stoffel

Being on the ocean is cooler then being in front of a Computer

• 2,103 posts
  • Phone: WP 8.1 Update

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:54

What do you mean paranoid its a known fact that the media does have a bias towards certain subjects.

If the media would have that much of a bias for subjects like this, wouldn't FOX news try to downplay any of these shootings? They love their guns

Yet they are all over these shootings just like all the other media outlets

#21 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,307 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:55

If the media would have that much of a bias for subjects like this, wouldn't FOX news try to downplay any of these shootings? They love their guns
Yet they are all over these shootings just like all the other media outlets

What and be the only new station not carrying it? They can't be left out you know.

#22 astropheed

astropheed

astropheed

• 1,937 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:59

What and be the only new station not carrying it? They can't be left out you know.

And because it's actually relevant News that should be reported. How is that pushing an agenda? Disregarding the obvious agenda of getting paid to do their respective Jobs.

#23 Stoffel

Stoffel

Being on the ocean is cooler then being in front of a Computer

• 2,103 posts
  • Phone: WP 8.1 Update

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:00

Who said anything about not carrying it? But they are ALL over it, just like the other stations.

You would think they would try to downplay it all a bit more, they are after all for guns in everybody's hands

#24 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,307 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:01

And because it's actually relevant News that should be reported. How is that pushing an agenda? Disregarding the obvious agenda of getting paid to do their respective Jobs.

People get shot in Chicago every day, why isn't that being reported and being posted all over the forum??

#25 OP Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,582 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:05

From what I can see in the videos/pictures, there was no way to walk directly onto the 2nd floor, yet he made it all the way to Nordstrom's on the 2nd floor with a rifle and none of the mall security bothered to ask him any questions or phone it in.  Not that I'm blaming the mall security, but I'm curious about why he was even able to get to the 2nd floor with a rifle in the first place, because mine has a 16" barrel and a collapse-able stock, but even with the stock all the way down it's still something like 30" long and would be pretty bulky if you tried to hide it in your pants.  Somebody would notice.

I had closed Fox's video feed and having gone back to it to take a second look, their video feed that's supposed to be about that shooting is now talking about some lady named Sylvia who owned a restaurant in Harlem, and when I tried to check out CNN's news feed I got this, which means I'm screwed because I don't have cable.  You used to be able to watch their videos for free, in fact I used to like just clicking on the first video on their list and just letting it play through like I was watching it on TV.  I'm guessing since nobody was injured and they haven't found the guy there's not much to talk about, so I'll check back in the morning.  Let's try to stay civil everyone.

cnn.png

#26 OP Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,582 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:07

People get shot in Chicago every day, why isn't that being reported and being posted all over the forum??

I think most people have just about given up on Chicago and Detroit.  By the time I got to Iraq, Baghdad looked cleaner and less hostile than some of these pictures I see coming out of Detroit.

#27 astropheed

astropheed

astropheed

• 1,937 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:08

What a good-looking question.

#28 OP Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,582 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:26

This, or something like it, needs to be re-instated.

http://en.wikipedia....irness_Doctrine

None of our "news" stations are worth a crap any more, including Fox News.  They all have their own political agenda.  I mean if you flip on CNN, watch it for a day, then watch Fox the next day, they are the exact same thing on opposite ends of the political spectrum.  They play to the tune played by their viewers and their financiers.  NBC, ABC and CBS are not excluded from this, I just like to pick on Fox and CNN cause' they stand out more.  Gone are the days of Dan Rather saying, "This is your evening news" in that deep voice.  Now the popular thing to do is to get somebody on your channel who disagrees with one of your iconic figures, like Nancy Grace, and pretend to entertain the other side for a minute before unleashing your particular icon in what will end up as an un-intelligible screaming match between two people who haven't the slightest idea how to have an intellectual debate.

That's why I bounce around between so many of them.  I figure if I check them all out, then maybe I'll find an ounce of truth somewhere in all the noise.

#29 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,307 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:33

This, or something like it, needs to be re-instated.
http://en.wikipedia....irness_Doctrine

None of our "news" stations are worth a crap any more, including Fox News.  They all have their own political agenda.  I mean if you flip on CNN, watch it for a day, then watch Fox the next day, they are the exact same thing on opposite ends of the political spectrum.  They play to the tune played by their viewers and their financiers.  NBC, ABC and CBS are not excluded from this, I just like to pick on Fox and CNN cause' they stand out more.  Gone are the days of Dan Rather saying, "This is your evening news" in that deep voice.  Now the popular thing to do is to get somebody on your channel who disagrees with one of your iconic figures, like Nancy Grace, and pretend to entertain the other side for a minute before unleashing your particular icon in what will end up as an un-intelligible screaming match between two people who haven't the slightest idea how to have an intellectual debate.

That's why I bounce around between so many of them.  I figure if I check them all out, then maybe I'll find an ounce of truth somewhere in all the noise.

The news use to be unbiased now they have like a dozen different news stations, just pick your flavor of political bias and enjoy.

#30 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,307 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:36

No one was killed or injured, the gunman isn't in the mall.